Hi everyone, I have had a Z30 for about 6 months and I am struggling to get the amazing battery life that everyone else seems to get. I barely get 14 hours with only light usage. I have taken my brightness level down as low as possible and only have NFC on permanently, I toggle bluetooth and wifi on and off. I am using OS 10.2.1.2977.
    Z30 battery life is not good for me.-img_20140720_111204.png
    07-20-14 05:12 AM
    Browser on bb10 seems to be a big drain factor even when idle.

CB10 on the Q10
    07-20-14 05:18 AM
    The App Manager goes off what you've been doing. So if you're browsing or playing video or games, it'll reflect alone that usage.

Maybe you should run the battery down, then put it on charge for 12/14 hours straight.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 06:20 AM
    Z30 battery life is not good for me.-img_20140713_004305.png
    This is the battery life I get. Saturday is a workday for me. As you can notice all usage of apps is much more than yours. That is more than sixteen hours with 5 more to go.
    Just in case you are wondering, I'm a heavy phone user too. You can compare your phone usage with the below pic

Posted via CB10
    Attached Thumbnails Z30 battery life is not good for me.-img_20140720_165545.png  
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-20-14 06:26 AM
    dont worry, they lie.
    I'm beginning to realise that! You hear these people coming on here saying that they watch a movie on the way to and from work, call and text non-stop during the day and are always updating Twitter and Facebook and they get back home and they've still got 87% of their battery life left. I'm going on holiday soon, so I will run it down and leave it to charge for a good couple of days.
    Sergiu1337 likes this.
    07-20-14 07:01 AM
    I'm beginning to realise that! You hear these people coming on here saying that they watch a movie on the way to and from work, call and text non-stop during the day and are always updating Twitter and Facebook and they get back home and they've still got 87% of their battery life left. I'm going on holiday soon, so I will run it down and leave it to charge for a good couple of days.
    Charging for a couple of days, will be a couple of days to long. Over charging the battery can cause damage, it can swell up and as it's non-removeable, it will stop the phone from powering on. I over charged my Z30 and now it's in the recycling bin. Luckily I got a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:37 AM
    I get an easy 15-16 hours a day with heavy use. Gets me through the day and I charge it overnight. Better than anything else on the market

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 07:39 AM
    dont worry, they lie.
    Well after a quick review of your posts here, I can say without a doubt that it is you who lies.

Now the question remains. Do you practice at being a hater or does it just come naturally?
    07-20-14 07:40 AM
    Someone's "heavy" usage is going to be someone else's light usage. I think your issue here is the browser. Using the browser a lot in the Z30 will drain the battery quicker and get you less usage. In battery life tests I've seen online the Z30 drains quickly when using the browser.

For the record I've never gotten the amazing battery life that people claim to get on here. But what I've found is that someone's usage that they consider "heavy" would be considered light usage for me. I get ok life with it but it could never make it through a full day.
    Hardays and Sergiu1337 like this.
    07-20-14 07:46 AM
    dont worry, they lie.
    I wonder, how come you keep making negative posts about everything?
    CerveloJohn and spikesolie like this.
    07-20-14 08:11 AM
    And here we go again.....

Germany. 2014 FIFA World Cup Champs!
    peednus likes this.
    07-20-14 08:14 AM
    Charging for a couple of days, will be a couple of days to long. Over charging the battery can cause damage, it can swell up and as it's non-removeable, it will stop the phone from powering on. I over charged my Z30 and now it's in the recycling bin. Luckily I got a replacement.

Posted via CB10
    That's bull. Unless there is a defect you can't over charge your phone.
    07-20-14 08:33 AM
    Someone's "heavy" usage is going to be someone else's light usage. I think your issue here is the browser. Using the browser a lot in the Z30 will drain the battery quicker and get you less usage. In battery life tests I've seen online the Z30 drains quickly when using the browser.

For the record I've never gotten the amazing battery life that people claim to get on here. But what I've found is that someone's usage that they consider "heavy" would be considered light usage for me. I get ok life with it but it could never make it through a full day.
    I use to get that great battery life. Seems each update makes it worse.
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    07-20-14 08:35 AM
    Well after a quick review of your posts here, I can say without a doubt that it is you who lies.

Now the question remains. Do you practice at being a hater or does it just come naturally?
    It's probably johnnyboy geller from bgr in cognito.

Before you ask, my grammar is just fine

Posted via CB10
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-20-14 08:39 AM
    With my Z30, I can get about 12 hours or so with regular usage, meaning I'm constantly checking Twitter, the weather, Facebook, the news, etc. If I just use my phone out of necessity, meaning I just use it to send and receive texts, and send and receive phone calls, then it will easily last an entire day.

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    07-20-14 10:01 AM
    Hi everyone, I have had a Z30 for about 6 months and I am struggling to get the amazing battery life that everyone else seems to get. I barely get 14 hours with only light usage. I have taken my brightness level down as low as possible and only have NFC on permanently, I toggle bluetooth and wifi on and off. I am using OS 10.2.1.2977.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140720_111204.png 
Views:	1463 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	286092
    Yes, if you play with the phone continually non stop can't hold more than 7/9 hours .
    It's all depends about the usage, and what everyone says as heavy, low medium use means nothing because the needs are different for everybody.

Sent from my Z 30
    07-20-14 10:05 AM
    I get similar battery life as OP. I consider it good because that's triple what I used to get with my z10
    07-20-14 10:06 AM
    I get similar battery life as OP. I consider it good because that's triple what I used to get with my z10
    True story.
    07-20-14 10:09 AM

Posted via CB10
    Take it out of the recycling bin and send it to me.

You really can't overcharge a lithium-ion battery in a cell phone. The phone knows when to draw enough current to fill the battery, rather than just keep it afloat.
    CerveloJohn, bungaboy and Rello like this.
    07-20-14 10:10 AM
    My battery life was great till the most recent update, now my battery life is exactly as OP describes. Do you think a wipe might fix it?

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 10:10 AM
    Wow, you reviewed my posts? Too much free time I guess.

No, not about everything. Just battery
    Remember, I had Z10
    Short memory?

Z30 battery life is not good for me.-pinocchio-long-nose.jpg
    neteng1000 likes this.
    07-20-14 12:23 PM
    Keeping NFC on all the time when not being used is a hit in battery life blue tooth also hits battery hard, do you have any android apps installed, what apps you keep open in active frames, whatsapp has also been known to use battery juice in case you use it.

Describing usage as light without saying what are you doing isn't the best description you can give, for example: if you only use the browser for a few hrs might be considered light, but if you are streaming any media when doing so, well, that's not so light.
    07-20-14 12:33 PM
    That's bull. Unless there is a defect you can't over charge your phone.
    Yep I agree..definitely bull. Your phone stops charging once it reaches 100.

Also if you look at the charging graphs below..when it is close to 100 your phones slowly decrease it's charge speed.

Z30 battery life is not good for me.-img_20140720_133443.png

I always leave my phone on change once I go to bed and remove from change when I wake up..and if not all the time by phone has already been changed in the middle of the night.

Probably what the OP was doing was using the phone while it was changing..which is a very bad idea as battery temperature increase while changing speed is at it's max. So if he was using the phone while changing, temp would go up even more and can damage the battery.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    07-20-14 12:35 PM
    I did not claim anything about watching movies.
    I have laid my usage out there for you and shown you.
    If you usage on phone is higher please show my with a complete call summary.
    I do no not claim 48 hours of battery. All I claimed is a battery life of 21 hours with fairly heavy use of all things. My browser usage is higher than yours and my display usage bears that out with 20%. Which is obvious as a higher browser usage would correspond to a higher display usage.
    My phone usage is off the charts for most North Americans.
    Please show me the same.
    Unless you are here to only talk bad of BlackBerry, I would believe you would rather look into the issue of maybe your Z30 being faulty instead of assuming all BlackBerry owners are liars.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 03:03 PM

I did not claim anything about watching movies.
    I have laid my usage out there for you and shown you.
    If you usage on phone is higher please show my with a complete call summary.
    I do no not claim 48 hours of battery. All I claimed is a battery life of 21 hours with fairly heavy use of all things. My browser usage is higher than yours and my display usage bears that out with 20%. Which is obvious as a higher browser usage would correspond to a higher display usage.
    My phone usage is off the charts for most North Americans.
    Please show me the same.
    Unless you are here to only talk bad of BlackBerry, I would believe you would rather look into the issue of maybe your Z30 being faulty instead of assuming all BlackBerry owners are liars.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 03:04 PM
63 123