I'm finding that pictures that I took that I know saved because I was able to scroll through them, disappear randomly, sometimes even before I've left the app and I cannot find them anywhere afterward. About 3 or 4 pics today alone. My SD card is not full. I'm running the latest official OS on my Z10 with Telus.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 10:55 PM
    Try a reboot. If you look in file manager, you'll probably see some white square image placeholders. Something about thumbnails not being created.
    07-19-14 10:59 PM
    Thanks. That's what I left to do first after posting. Was going to check Box next to see if they saved there as well. When I went to open the pictures app it said "Scanning Media...." for several seconds, which is usually faster. But all the missing pics showed up a minute later. Guess I better empty my SD card, there are almost 1000 pics on it. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 11:08 PM
    When I saved to my 64gig sd card, the pictures would sometimes "disappear" for more than a day. They were on the card but would not show up if I tried to use them as attachments to email or if I opened the Pictures app or even opened the camera and tapped the thumbnail in the lower left. But if I used the FileManager I could find and view them. I finally changed to SAVE-to-INTERNAL-Memory. Then they would be available. I guess it is something about how the card is indexed.
    07-20-14 12:25 AM
    1000? Uh oh. I have slightly more that that on mine.
    Camera not saving pics-img_20140722_062346.png

Posted via CB10
    CMcRob likes this.
    07-22-14 05:24 AM
    The last time I started having a lot of problems like that, I copied the contents of the memory card onto the computer, formatted the card, and then put them back on the card. Maybe they get really fragmented and it takes awhile to read them.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 05:27 AM
    Slow media card? Should be calss 6 or higher... optimal class 10!
    Then, may be a light loosness of the card... just exit it, put it again, reboot (volume keys) and call the media files again.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-22-14 06:55 AM
    I'm having the same problem on my Z30. I removed the card and saved everything to my computer, erased and reformatted, took more pictures and still only white squares using file manager. I have tried two cards now, and next I will try wiping the phone and reloading the OS.
    07-27-14 01:32 AM
    I'm having the same problem on my Z30. I removed the card and saved everything to my computer, erased and reformatted, took more pictures and still only white squares using file manager. I have tried two cards now, and next I will try wiping the phone and reloading the OS.
    When initially taken, they show up as those generic icons, not real thumbnails showing the pictures.

I don't know if it is the OS, the card, the card's formatting or what. But, at least, the pictures are there eventually. Saving to Internal Memory and then moving and/or copying to the card is my current scheme.
    07-27-14 08:55 AM