Wind's My Account App is now available on BlackBerry World. Check it out.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mitchy_mitch; 07-19-14 at 12:41 AM.
    anon5645485 likes this.
    07-19-14 12:06 AM
    Woah, I really wasn't expecting that. I wonder if that means they'll get rid of that other WIND app they have bundled with BB10. If so, then this should make it easier for Wind to rollout BB10 updates quickly. That would be great news.
    07-19-14 03:28 PM
    The other app isn't really an app.

It's a sim services thing, it will always be there as long as you use a sim that has it built-in, which I assume is all of them now.

But since wind dropped carrier billing for BlackBerry world, the only reason they dropped this is because it was probably just about ready to roll.

It's only an html wrapper for their site anyway.

You can get the same thing by going to the mobile site. Maybe even faster actually on the bb10 browser.

Alas, this doesn't mean diddly about the relationship between blackberry and wind

It's a Gundam!
    anon5645485 likes this.
    07-19-14 03:46 PM
    Ah, I didn't know that other app was installed on the SIM.
    07-19-14 04:24 PM
    Nice I l love it!

It's even faster then using the Web version.

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    07-20-14 05:40 PM
    I'm definitely grabbing it.
    07-22-14 12:59 AM
    The app's OK, certainly a few steps up from the SIM app. Still hoping they reintroduce carrier billing soon. Someone's supposed to be contacting me with an explanation but I'm not holding my breath.
    07-23-14 11:54 AM
    The app's OK, certainly a few steps up from the SIM app. Still hoping they reintroduce carrier billing soon. Someone's supposed to be contacting me with an explanation but I'm not holding my breath.
    Me and some other people have been going back and forth with Wind about this.

Simply put, it seems like they turned it off, and don't really care about turning it back on.

They're also super dissmissive, basically saying it's not their app, so not their problem.

Which makes no sense since it's not an app... whatever.

They don't give a damn.

It's a Gundam!
    07-23-14 03:09 PM
    Me and some other people have been going back and forth with Wind about this. Simply put, it seems like they turned it off, and don't really care about turning it back on. They're also super dissmissive, basically saying it's not their app, so not their problem. Which makes no sense since it's not an app... whatever. They don't give a damn. It's a Gundam!
    It's an html wrapper for the website, with everything but the account management area cut off. It's slimmer than the full site. Yes, it's not an app. Personally i'm not bothered about carrier billing being cut off also, I can wait to purchase an application of sorts if I don't have the funds and I could also see why they COULD have cut it off: somebody bought a number of apps using somebody else's phone without their consent while just using it (probably too many times) or people just never thought about it and complained about "hidden charges" (complete bollox!) and it was turned off as a result.
    07-23-14 03:24 PM