After a year I've come back to blackberry, well I've tried. I bought a z10 to attempt to come to blackberry after leaving due to being frustrated by apps and side loading. I've spent all day and night attempting to update to 10.2.xxxx for verizon with out success. Failure after failure. It's restarted and froze 3 times and has shown me a " software download was interrupted. Please try again". I'm on a the fastest Internet connection allowed in my area so it's not that. It's pathetic that a modern smartphone would have this much trouble updating ...feeling pretty annoyed and disappointed seeing that I've had love for blackberry for years. But this is beyond pathetic. I'm not trying to bash bb, I'm honestly just ticked off after hrs of wasted time and $.
    07-18-14 10:05 PM
    Sounds quite frustrating. I'm not sure which update you're attempting to install, but try downloading the latest autoloader and starting over (10.2.1.3253). Here's a link: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-946094/

I don't have it will hurt, but it certainly may help!

Good luck.

Posted via CB10 using my Z30.
    moody and bungaboy like this.
    07-18-14 10:12 PM
    BlackBerry just doesn't like you
    07-18-14 10:13 PM
    BlackBerry just doesn't like you
    Seriously. Has anyone ever had these issues down loading updates OTA?
    07-18-14 10:15 PM
    Do you have your SIM in your phone? Try updating without your SIM.

Is it charging while updating? Plug the charger and let it update.
    07-18-14 10:17 PM
    Try plugging your phone in and download the latest OS version over BlackBerry link

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 10:21 PM
    I have a question for you, you said you had a S5... How do you go about switching the SIM cards? Doesn't Samsung use a micro SD

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-18-14 10:29 PM
    I have a question for you, you said you had a S5... How do you go about switching the SIM cards? Doesn't Samsung use a micro SD

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Switching back and forth too. It's the same sim. Not sure what the issue is for this guy though.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 10:39 PM
    Phone is plugged in and has been every time I've attempted to update. I haven't tried updated with out the Sim I could give that a shot. Also I swapped the Sim in the s5 no problem and it activated it instantly.
    07-18-14 11:05 PM
    Have you tried updating it through Link like nathfren suggested?
    07-18-14 11:27 PM
    Seriously. Has anyone ever had these issues down loading updates OTA?
    Nada.
    Sorry to hear it, though.
    Never an issue yet.
    07-18-14 11:41 PM
    Have you tried updating it through Link like nathfren suggested?
    I'm starting to think the device might be faulty. It's been wiped, looks and functions in mint condition, charges ect .... but when I've plugged it into my mac it doesn't recognize it in link. It's now just getting hung up on the installation process around 80%. I've removed the sim and am trying to let it update over night. Hopefully it'll push thru magically lol.
    07-18-14 11:43 PM
    Just for sh*s and giggles, i think I remember someone having a similar problem like yours, and I think they simply did it later at night when their wifi area had lower traffic, or load on the network. Don't ask me to explain why.
    Hope it helps. Its all I got.
    DaMaRa1109 likes this.
    07-18-14 11:47 PM
    Could the Mac be the problem, not the phone? Could you try the update from a Windows PC. Also, isn't their a software switch to choose windows, mac or auto?
    07-18-14 11:51 PM
    Here's something you need to know.
    Updating with the sim is different updating without the sim.

Updating the phone without the sim is you're getting the software from BlackBerry over their network. It might not be the latest software.
    Updating the phone with your sim is going to get you the latest software released by your mobile network.

That's how it was on T-Mobile for me anyways. I don't know for sure with Verizon.

How long did it hang at 80%?
    07-18-14 11:59 PM
    Sounds quite frustrating. I'm not sure which update you're attempting to install, but try downloading the latest autoloader and starting over (10.2.1.3253). Here's a link: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...evices-946094/

I don't have it will hurt, but it certainly may help!

Good luck.

Posted via CB10 using my Z30.
    ^^^^do this^^^^

Z30/10.3.x.xxxx & Q10/10.3.x.xxxx
    07-19-14 12:15 AM
    I'm starting to think the device might be faulty. It's been wiped, looks and functions in mint condition, charges ect .... but when I've plugged it into my mac it doesn't recognize it in link. It's now just getting hung up on the installation process around 80%. I've removed the sim and am trying to let it update over night. Hopefully it'll push thru magically lol.
    I don't have a good answer for you about the device not updating on Verizon. I can say that as far as loading every update that Verizon has dropped I have had zero problems downloading and installing with Blackberry link on a Windows 7 PC. You may well have a device issue or a Mac issue. Hope you get it resolved. The Z10 for me has been a really nice phone.
    07-19-14 12:55 AM
    OP, just to give mine 2 cents, check setting how many internal memory space is left, sounds like your z10 is run out of space for the OS to download and extract. Tell us how many internal memory you use and how many is free

If no luck with OTA, Try use BlackBerry Link to do it, less headache.
    DaMaRa1109 likes this.
    07-19-14 01:19 AM
    I've had a pretty much painless experience over the last 18 months. Just for clarification, you're trying to do it over the cellular network? I've always done my ota updates over WiFi without any issues at all. I would not trust cellular data for an operation that large. Give it a go over WiFi and if that doesn't work, just run an autoloader, it's so fast and simple. If you can't do it over WiFi, I think that suggests a fault with the phone rather than with your connection.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    DaMaRa1109 likes this.
    07-19-14 01:41 AM
    One caution - using an Autoloader will erase all of your data and settings. So make sure to back up if you go that route. I'm not sure that I've ever used OTA to update my Verizon Z10. Probably because they've been slow and I've used Autoloaders or Sachesi. Good luck
    07-19-14 07:52 AM
    OP, just to give mine 2 cents, check setting how many internal memory space is left, sounds like your z10 is run out of space for the OS to download and extract. Tell us how many internal memory you use and how many is free

If no luck with OTA, Try use BlackBerry Link to do it, less headache.
    I have a little over 7 gigs because I haven't done anything to th e phone since I've got it. Only tried the update. I figured it was pointless to put apps and stuff on that are for older software. So plenty of memory.
    07-19-14 08:09 AM
    I've had a pretty much painless experience over the last 18 months. Just for clarification, you're trying to do it over the cellular network? I've always done my ota updates over WiFi without any issues at all. I would not trust cellular data for an operation that large. Give it a go over WiFi and if that doesn't work, just run an autoloader, it's so fast and simple. If you can't do it over WiFi, I think that suggests a fault with the phone rather than with your connection.

Ya unfortunately I've been attempting to use wi fi the whole time.
    07-19-14 08:10 AM
    I used BlackBerry Link, did a full backup first, then downloaded and installed. The whole process took around 45 minutes, don't recall exactly.

Posted via CB10 with my Awesome Z10
    07-19-14 08:16 AM
    Ya unfortunately I've been attempting to use wi fi the whole time.
    It might be a router problem. I had a similar issue that didn't affect the PC but when playing XBOX live, the broadband connection would drop for a nanosecond and I'd get booted off. I think an autoloader is the way to go. It's certainly quicker anyhow.

07-19-14 08:18 AM
    save yourself the stress of updating via OTA download the autoloader for your device and you will be fine
    DaMaRa1109 likes this.
    07-19-14 08:51 AM
42 12