I was just thinking - BB10 has always been about "one thumb" use.

10.3 has introduced a two-finger gesture to pull down the quick settings menu without first minimizing apps.

How do you use two fingers to pull down the quick settings menu when you're holding the phone with one hand? You can get your thumb to the top pretty easily, but not two fingers.

IMO, what should have been done is this "one thumb" gesture:

Pull down ~ 1", leave thumb on screen
    Slide back up, pull down again to reveal quick setting menu.

Simple solution that maintains the "one thumb" paradigm.
    07-18-14 10:45 AM
    Or if you swipe down a little bit, the app settings pops up, and if you keep swiping down, the quick settings pop up.

But seriously, active frame the app and swipe down with one finger. Doesn't take more than two seconds.
    07-18-14 10:49 AM
    Or if you swipe down a little bit, the app settings pops up, and if you keep swiping down, the quick settings pop up.
    I would have loved to see this... but apparently they made some claim that apps would have to be rewritten. Honestly, I don't by it and believe it was a cop out. They took the easy rout IMHO, simple as that.

Being able to easily access the quick settings from anywhere is something that was blatantly missed from the beginning (the playbook had a simple method) and still hasn't been adequately resolved. This goes hand in hand with accessing the date.

The simplest method still appears to be swipe up and then swipe down and then go back to your app, as I find two finger gestures cumbersome and thus useless.
    07-18-14 01:16 PM