Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 04:30 PM
    BlackBerry and Microsoft Partnering on ?The Future of Mobile? - http://n4bb.com/blackberry-microsoft...future-mobile/

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 04:31 PM
    Yeah, partnering an event, not like they were the only sponsors either. Partnering on a corporate level project is something else entirely. Not even sure why N4BB posted this.

Posted via CB10
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    07-17-14 04:54 PM
    Never ever.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 05:49 PM
    Never ever.

Posted via CB10
    well it's happening.
    07-17-14 06:11 PM
    Yeah, partnering an event, not like they were the only sponsors either. Partnering on a corporate level project is something else entirely. Not even sure why N4BB posted this.

Posted via CB10
    It's not completely un-newsworthy, and Microsoft and BlackBerry are co-sponsoring this event. It IS "just an event" though. Hard to see if there's additional significance.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-17-14 06:16 PM
  7. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I have seen through my own experiences in tech that what starts out as increased collaborations and partnerships can end in much more later
    .. like strategic acquisitions....

There are some obvious synergies between Microsoft and Blackberry.....

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    07-18-14 05:53 AM
    I have seen through my own experiences in tech that what starts out as increased collaborations and partnerships can end in much more later
    .. like strategic acquisitions....

There are some obvious synergies between Microsoft and Blackberry.....

Posted via CB10
    Amazon, Microsoft, and Blackberry.

I LOVE it!

Devices(Blackberry/Foxconn)
    MDM(Blackberry)
    Enterprise Apps(Microsoft)
    Search(Microsoft)
    Consumer content(Amazon)
    Cloud (Amazon)
    Infrastructure(Microsoft)
    Security (Blackberry)

Posted via CB10
    mphillips828 likes this.
    07-18-14 07:54 AM
    Amazon, Microsoft, and Blackberry.

I LOVE it!
    Assuming you're a BB device fan, I can't imagine why you'd "love it". If BB was acquired by Microsoft, BB10 would be killed within a year, and most of BB would be gutted. And if have any doubt about that, just look at what happened to Nokia, which was much less of a competitor than BB. If you think Microsoft is going to adopt QNX for anything over Windows, you are dreaming!

Besides, MS's new push is to get out of device manufacturing and leave that to partners, which is why they've recently made Win Phone licenses free. The current CEO would likely have never bought Nokia in the first place, but now that they own it, it's being gutted.
    dolco, eldricho, JeepBB and 2 others like this.
    07-19-14 08:20 AM
    It's not completely un-newsworthy, and Microsoft and BlackBerry are co-sponsoring this event. It IS "just an event" though. Hard to see if there's additional significance.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    Absolutely. I was at Farnborough this week, and Airbus and Boeing are both sponsors. Can't see a Boeing A350 in the works somehow...

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and Thunderbuck like this.
    07-19-14 08:31 AM
    Assuming you're a BB device fan, I can't imagine why you'd "love it". If BB was acquired by Microsoft, BB10 would be killed within a year, and most of BB would be gutted. And if have any doubt about that, just look at what happened to Nokia, which was much less of a competitor than BB. If you think Microsoft is going to adopt QNX for anything over Windows, you are dreaming!

Besides, MS's new push is to get out of device manufacturing and leave that to partners, which is why they've recently made Win Phone licenses free. The current CEO would likely have never bought Nokia in the first place, but now that they own it, it's being gutted.
    I'm not saying anything is going on, but the talk of a partnership is not the same as a merger or acquisition. There are some good ways that the two could benefit each other and still stay independent companies.

Posted via CB10
    theRock1975 likes this.
    07-19-14 08:37 AM
    I'm not saying anything is going on, but the talk of a partnership is not the same as a merger or acquisition. There are some good ways that the two could benefit each other and still stay independent companies.
    I'm not sure I see what those are. MS has its own enterprise agenda and its own solutions (Windows/Active Directory-based) for EDM as well as for messaging (Skype), so they are a direct competitor of BB in those areas. They are also a direct competitor in mobile devices (i.e., phones), though they are reducing the priority of making their own devices and going back to partnering with other manufacturers for that.

Still, none of that makes for a logical partnership with BB. There's no way they're going to adopt BES over Windows/AD, no way they'd adopt BB10 over WinPhone, and no way they'd adopt BBM over Skype. And they OWN Nokia's manufacturing division, so they don't need BB for producing devices, which wouldn't be BB10 devices anyway. The only way a BB/MS partnership makes any sense is if you assume that MS is going to abandon their own Windows-based solutions and adopt BB's solutions, which is pure fantasy.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-19-14 03:10 PM
    I'm not sure I see what those are. MS has its own enterprise agenda and its own solutions (Windows/Active Directory-based) for EDM as well as for messaging (Skype), so they are a direct competitor of BB in those areas. They are also a direct competitor in mobile devices (i.e., phones), though they are reducing the priority of making their own devices and going back to partnering with other manufacturers for that.

Still, none of that makes for a logical partnership with BB. There's no way they're going to adopt BES over Windows/AD, no way they'd adopt BB10 over WinPhone, and no way they'd adopt BBM over Skype. And they OWN Nokia's manufacturing division, so they don't need BB for producing devices, which wouldn't be BB10 devices anyway. The only way a BB/MS partnership makes any sense is if you assume that MS is going to abandon their own Windows-based solutions and adopt BB's solutions, which is pure fantasy.
    Personally I don't think an acquisition would mean Microsoft replacing their products and services with Blackberry. I think they would rather use Blackberry to strengthen their position in the enterprise space by using their technologies and integrating them.
    07-19-14 03:48 PM

This thread is about partnerships and not aquisitions.

I don't think you know what Active Directory is but it definitely isn't anything like BES.

In fact, my workplace has BES and AD. One is for MDM snd secure data transmission, the other is used for managing windows domain accounts. Are you referring to Active Sync?? Still not the same.

Obviously there is overlap in businesses but we're talking about partnerships here not acquisitions. They don't have to step on each other's toes.

Blackberry's strengths are not Microsoft's strengths and are not Amazon's strengths. But if the use eachother's strengths they can take out Apple and Google.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 04:11 PM

Isn't it just the legacy people they are kicking in the ****?

EDIT: *booty
    07-19-14 04:38 PM
    This thread is about partnerships and not aquisitions.

I don't think you know what Active Directory is but it definitely isn't anything like BES.

In fact, my workplace has BES and AD. One is for MDM snd secure data transmission, the other is used for managing windows domain accounts. Are you referring to Active Sync?? Still not the same.
    I know what AD is (15 years in IT... LOL). Remember that Win Phone is a version of Windows, and that MS has designed it to be able to accept policies pushed to it much like a Windows desktop or laptop on a corporate domain. Remember: MS focuses everything on Windows-based solutions (or Office-based solutions). They're approaching MDM/EDM from a direction they already know, instead of building something new from scratch.

Obviously there is overlap in businesses but we're talking about partnerships here not acquisitions. They don't have to step on each other's toes. Blackberry's strengths are not Microsoft's strengths and are not Amazon's strengths. But if the use each other's strengths they can take out Apple and Google.
    Again, MS has competing products in every market where BB is strong, and while I'm not suggesting that BB's tech isn't better in some of those products (it is), that's simply irrelevant to MS, who, again, is only interested in Windows-centric solutions. BB can't offer that, so other than BB's patents, MS has no use for BB.

It would be different if BB had a couple of lines of business that MS didn't have a product for, and they wanted to acquire that tech or that market, but that's just not the case with BB.

BB is really only going to be attractive, as a partner or an acquisition, to a company that has little or nothing in the areas where BB has some strength, which is why, for example, Lenovo was interested a year ago. They weren't heavily invested in anything that would have been in direct competition with BB, so they'd have plenty to gain.
    JeepBB likes this.
    07-20-14 12:02 AM
    We need Microsoft to supply ms office mobile version. That's all. Microsoft gets a path to corporate adoption for ms office before google appscuts their grass in that area. That's what we want to see between ms and bbbry the rest is a no go. No merger no sharing of tech or os swapping just office for mobile nothing more

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-20-14 12:33 AM
    Absolutely. I was at Farnborough this week, and Airbus and Boeing are both sponsors. Can't see a Boeing A350 in the works somehow...

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Fire?

Microsoft Passport?
    Ouch, that was a while ago... and not a device

Pasted via CB chen
    Banco and afhstingray like this.
    07-23-14 05:31 AM