just recieved this warning about my channel, and i have no idea why

BlackBerry intends for our online communities and services, such as BBM Channels, to be fun and safe places for people to share ideas and information with others who have similar interests. To ensure we maintain a hospitable environment for our users, it is important that user interaction is done so in a way that meets our community standards and our content guidelines. A post from your BBM Channel C0041xxxx violates the BBM Channels content guidelines and has been deleted. This decision is final.

Prior to making further posts, we encourage you to review the content guidelines. Repeated violation of community standards and content guidelineswill not be tolerated, and will result in deletion of the user's channel.

Thank you for your understanding and compliance. BlackBerry will not read or respond to emails to this address as this email account is not monitored.

what is this about???
    07-17-14 09:59 AM
    just recieved this warning about my channel, and i have no idea why

BlackBerry intends for our online communities and services, such as BBM Channels, to be fun and safe places for people to share ideas and information with others who have similar interests. To ensure we maintain a hospitable environment for our users, it is important that user interaction is done so in a way that meets our community standards and our content guidelines. A post from your BBM Channel C0041xxxx violates the BBM Channels content guidelines and has been deleted. This decision is final.

Prior to making further posts, we encourage you to review the content guidelines. Repeated violation of community standards and content guidelineswill not be tolerated, and will result in deletion of the user's channel.

Thank you for your understanding and compliance. BlackBerry will not read or respond to emails to this address as this email account is not monitored.

what is this about???
    Unfortunately, part of managing a channel means sometimes dealing with silly removal of posts like this.

Most BBM Channel owners may receive at least one of these depending on the size of their channel. If you haven't violated any guidelines, you can chalk it up to dumb subscribers reporting your channel post for fun.

The other downside is, BlackBerry doesn't even do an investigation. They remove the post or the channel, without question, and no possibility of getting it back.

It's sad, pathetic, and frustrating for honest channel owners. The only time I'd put BlackBerry down is in this situation. I'd say email them - but guess what? They don't offer Channel Support. That email isn't monitored, and you won't find help elsewhere for it.

Hopefully that explains it for you, and you'll know for the future.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    07-17-14 10:24 AM
    Hmm I've thought all my posts are encrypted!
    Only way BB can establish violation of the BBM Channels content guidelines must be based on users' complaints, right?
    07-17-14 10:29 AM
    Very frustrating indeed, with a 100k views and 3k subs it is hard to understand the nature of this infraction

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 10:36 AM
    This probably happens when you have multiple reports on any post. But it has already been deleted by Blackberry. It might have been adult stuff or use of offensuve language etc.
    07-17-14 10:44 AM
    Hmm I've thought all my posts are encrypted!
    Only way BB can establish violation of the BBM Channels content guidelines must be based on users' complaints, right?
    That's right. It may even be automated. Certain number of complaints = removal. It's people with nothing better to do - it's sad.

BlackBerry policy should be that no one is forcing anyone to subscribe to a channel. If someone doesn't like it they should leave it.

Z30 / STA100-5 / 10.2.1.3247 / T-Mobile USA
    07-17-14 11:16 AM
    i agree with you doggerz. they cetainly need to address this issue
    Doggerz likes this.
    07-17-14 11:32 AM
    There must be a way to reply to BB when they delete a post, they must give you the benefit of the doubt, but is the same in all social networks, the other they I uploaded a video on youtube of one of my kids singing a father's day song in his school, and the video appeared to be violating the copyright for the song, I really don't know if the song is copyrighted, is a typical song kids sing in school and the video was posted as private, and there was no way to reply to that warning, so I guess it is impossible to handle all complains one by one and the better way to do it preventing a bigger harm is to just automatically delete the post that has been reported, but in the end there must be a human verification if a reply to that complain is posted by the channel owner.
    07-17-14 12:44 PM
    There must be a way to reply to BB when they delete a post, they must give you the benefit of the doubt, but is the same in all social networks, the other they I uploaded a video on youtube of one of my kids singing a father's day song in his school, and the video appeared to be violating the copyright for the song, I really don't know if the song is copyrighted, is a typical song kids sing in school and the video was posted as private, and there was no way to reply to that warning, so I guess it is impossible to handle all complains one by one and the better way to do it preventing a bigger harm is to just automatically delete the post that has been reported, but in the end there must be a human verification if a reply to that complain is posted by the channel owner.
    End of these emails basically state that you should not attempt to email, because the email isn't monitored or replied to - and all decisions are final.

You're on your own.

Even tweeting @BlackBerryHelp won't do you any good.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 285546
    07-17-14 12:53 PM
    This explains a lot. I've had two really good channels that I belonged to that "disappeared". The third and most recent was a great tattoo channel that was not over the top and actually tastefully managed. The owner was one of a few that stayed current and posted regularly. I believe there was close to 2000 members. It truly is sad and pathetic that a very small number of dummies can ruin an experience for a vast majority. (shakes head)

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-24-14 06:43 PM
    This sucks. I guess it comes with the territory of being a Channel owner. That's why I make sure the satire in my Money making channel "Penny Pinching Investors' C001A4C9C is okay. Smh.

BlackBerry investor
    07-27-14 02:39 PM
    I recently had a post deleted yesterday. I kinda thought it was ridiculous. Here is a repost of it......
    bbm channel warning-img_20140727_182918.png

Then I see verified channels like Sports Illustrated or Maxim with nothing but skin and bikinis. It's all a little too subjective.

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    07-27-14 05:32 PM
    It doesn't seem like BlackBerry channels is a viable option for social media though, everytime I see more and more verified channels getting abandoned.

Posted via CB10
    07-27-14 06:00 PM
    It doesn't seem like BlackBerry channels is a viable option for social media though, everytime I see more and more verified channels getting abandoned.

Posted via CB10
    This is true but I have noticed that BLACKBERRY has opened up the front page to more personal channels. The personal channels and networks are really starting to thrive

07-28-14 10:17 AM
    This is true but I have noticed that BLACKBERRY has opened up the front page to more personal channels. The personal channels and networks are really starting to thrive

It kind of worries me that they don't seem to be putting much effort into bbm and bbm channels anymore

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 12:53 PM
    The solution to automated orunmanned policing of channels is to start reporting big channels like maxim, or sports illustrated or even the BlackBerry channel itself. Maybe then they will create a more effective review process. Too many great channels are disappearing and they don't even have adult content. My understanding of how the system works right now. Basically if you have a lesser channel that is competing for members. Technically you could log a few complaints against a more successful channel with similar content and there's a chance of getting that channel deleted. Once that channel is deleted where do you think those members are going to move. This does not seem fair. There are some wonderful channel owners and contributors out there. Unfortunately it only takes a handful of jerks to ruin it for the masses.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 03:13 PM