The Z30 was feeling too big for the longest time for me. I was given a chance to pick up a brand new Z10 for a wicked deal, so I took the plunge. $110 for a new unlocked Z10, who wouldn't take it?

The Z10 felt amazing in the hand. And with the 10.2.1 software, it ran great. The battery was weak, so I picked up the charging bundle.

Aside from the battery life, the only issue I had was the bedside mode. Because it's an LCD screen, the entire screen looks lit up while in bedside mode at nighttime on my night stand, making it very noticeable, at the same time making the displayed time on the screen very hard to see.

After a month, I decided to dust off my Z30 and put it up for sale on Kijiji. Before doing that, I gave it one last try to see if maybe selling it was a mistake.

Holy crap, what a mistake that would have been. The Z30 is unbelievably fast compared to the Z10. And the screen size makes everything so much easier to read. And the screen on bedside mode doesn't light up like the Z10 making the displayed time nice and easy to read without the brightness of the background.

Needless to say, my Z10 has been sold and I'm back on the Z30. I can deal with a larger phone for a better overall experience.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 09:43 AM
    Great for being back on the Z30. Just have mine for 2 days now. Still have to try bedside modus. Always had my Z10 on the oem dock and had no problems with the screen brightness. It was perfect for me.
    To bad that there is no oem dock for the Z30...

posted via my Z30 ?
    07-17-14 10:11 AM
    I had a z10 and gave it to my wife when I bought a z30. Totally agree about the bedside mode. The LED screen glow always bugged me. And I had the OEM desktop stand too! The z30 is black except for the red numbers, which I like.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:53 PM