Seen this today in the channels. Interesting I would say that they never thought the cars would be hacked. Don't they run on android? If so go figure lol I said from the beginning that BlackBerry should have marched up to tesla and said listen this is what we're doing we have android compatibility let's do this.
    Tesla can be hacked!-img_20140716_195055_edit.png

Posted via my BeastBerry Z30
    07-16-14 11:40 PM
    Watched a show the other day that anyone who is determined enough could hack any car and make it do things you don't want them to. It was pretty eye-opening.
    pttptppt likes this.
    07-16-14 11:43 PM
    That's why I'm going to stick with my beat up Toyota and will never buy a smart car unless it's made by BlackBerry or has BB10/QNX integrated

Posted via CB10
    MrGabriel likes this.
    07-17-14 12:12 AM
    Tesla runs on Linux not Android.
    07-17-14 12:33 AM
    There are conspiracy rumours that the bad guys (i.e. US government operatives assuming FBI. Not the military warehouse side of the battle aka CIA) has used on board computers to kill.

They allegedly can use it to disable brakes, override brakes, and even cause random acceleration.

* for what it's worth anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael...rnalist)#Death

"Former U.S. National Coordinator for Security, Infrastructure Protection, and Counter-terrorism Richard Clarke said that what is known about the crash is "consistent with a car cyber attack". He was quoted as saying "There is reason to believe that intelligence agencies for major powers?including the United States?know how to remotely seize control of a car. So if there were a cyber attack on [Hastings'] car?and I'm not saying there was, I think whoever did it would probably get away with it".[77]"

Posted via CB from my LE
    LostOnThePianoRoll likes this.
    07-17-14 12:57 AM
    So can many other modern cars....

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-17-14 02:27 AM
    Glad my Nikes can't be hacked lol.
    07-17-14 02:53 AM
    Yet

Check Out TechCraze
    eldricho and imadorkx like this.
    07-17-14 07:07 AM
    Android is Linux based.
    Linux is like a naked person.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 07:18 AM
    Android is Linux based.
    Linux is like a naked person.

Posted via CB10
    Ohh ok. Still say Tesla needs some QNX love.

Posted via my BeastBerry Z30
    Bratza likes this.
    07-17-14 07:27 AM
    That's why I'm going to stick with my beat up Toyota and will never buy a smart car unless it's made by BlackBerry or has BB10/QNX integrated

Posted via CB10
    Do you even know what is bb10 and QNX in first place?.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    07-17-14 07:30 AM
    ANYTHING Is hackable.

It's about how obvious or how difficult and how much effort it is.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 07:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    We Drove a Car While It Was Being Hacked | Motherboard

qnx does not prevent stuff like this from occurring. you'd be best to learn how this all works rather than make assumptions.
    Last edited by katiepea; 07-17-14 at 04:09 PM.
    07-17-14 12:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Looks like you will be driving a beat up Toyota for a long time.
    nhanken likes this.
    07-17-14 02:19 PM

qnx does not prevent stuff like this from occurring. you'd be best to learn how this all works rather than make assumptions.
    I was just joking ;p but I love my beat up car! Don't have to worry about it being stolen, hacked etc... lol

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 06:26 PM

No way man. QNX is bulletproof.

I read it on the crackberry forums.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-17-14 06:45 PM
    I saw all the possibilities and attack vectors in a defcon talk... really interesting and scary...

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 06:53 PM
    Yet

Check Out TechCraze
    Exactly. Maybe when they have true self-lacing versions.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 03:28 AM
    Let's take it a step further, hacking life supporting medical machines... IoT...

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 03:36 AM
    ANYTHING Is hackable.

It's about how obvious or how difficult and how much effort it is.

Posted via CB10
    Well sometime back in CB people tried hard to load android on playbook and all techies united to break down the playbook.

Guess what ? A big NOPE....

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 03:49 AM
    No way man. QNX is bulletproof.
    Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    No software is unbreakable. Just a matter of time. Currently bb10 is "unbreakable" because it just didn't worth the effort.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    07-18-14 04:47 AM
    Well sometime back in CB people tried hard to load android on playbook and all techies united to break down the playbook.

Guess what ? A big NOPE....

Posted via CB10
    Some of us oldies also built DingleBerry and forefronted rooting solutions. Which was very successful on the PlayBook.

But to your point I only know one person able to root devices on BB10. And he has always maintained it is extremely difficult, time consuming. And you can't really do anything with it.

Posted via CB from my LE
    07-18-14 10:53 AM
    My Nike's have the Nike + slot under the sole....should I be concerned??? ;-)
    07-18-14 02:35 PM
    Nothing is unhackable. Its a case of more secure then others but foolproof is not a word that should ever be used or considered. At some point security will be a bigger issue right now people are to naive to realize the information given up now will be used against my hem later. Google is actually the biggest threat to us all. We just don't see it yet

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    07-18-14 11:57 PM
    Nothing is unhackable. Its a case of more secure then others but foolproof is not a word that should ever be used or considered. At some point security will be a bigger issue right now people are to naive to realize the information given up now will be used against my hem later. Google is actually the biggest threat to us all. We just don't see it yet

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    Actually, the biggest threat to us all is an asteroid collision.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247 O2 UK
    07-19-14 02:07 AM
52 123