I'm about ready to give up supporting Androids or BES. I've added the user to UDS and added the email profile. I've activated the device with the BES10 app but there is no email. Support is telling me I have to install some app called Touchdown, which is only free for 30 days then requires some licensing hassle that defeats the whole point of buying BES CALs.

If email has to be filtered through Touchdown, where is the BES security for our corporate email (no I do NOT want to use secure workspace; We shoouldn't need to)? How BES controlling the email if Touchdown is using active sync?
    07-16-14 03:18 PM
    have you set up the certificate that UDS requires to activate android handhelds?

Edit: there are so many docs to read before installing BES10 its not a hey lets just get up and do this thing(unless its a bb10 handheld). I read docs for about 2-3 weeks before i even tried to start toying around with it.
    07-16-14 03:22 PM
    have you set up the certificate that UDS requires to activate android handhelds?

Edit: there are so many docs to read before installing BES10 its not a hey lets just get up and do this thing(unless its a bb10 handheld). I read docs for about 2-3 weeks before i even tried to start toying around with it.
    I had a server and a copy of Windows Server 2008 laying around and I taught about it for just my personal use (wanted to experience Balance). Normally I never read instructions very much - maybe a few help files after the installation, but I read quite a bit to try and just install BES10. At the end of the day I figured I had about a weeks worth of work to do and I said forget it.

Now the Cloud version of BES works great and I got to see how Balance worked.
    07-16-14 03:29 PM
    As for as I know Android has no native support for deploying Exchange profiles. This is where touchdown is relevant.

Some vendors has built their own support: Samsung SAFE (probably KNOW too) and LG too as far as I remember. I'm not sure if UDS supports these technologies as I've only integrated with iOS.

Have you tried SwS? BlackBerry container solution has its own mail client. It does however really a Gold license and is considerable more expensive but offers containerization for separation of work and private data and apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 03:29 PM
    I had a server and a copy of Windows Server 2008 laying around and I taught about it for just my personal use (wanted to experience Balance). Normally I never read instructions very much - maybe a few help files after the installation, but I read quite a bit to try and just install BES10. At the end of the day I figured I had about a weeks worth of work to do and I said forget it.

Now the Cloud version of BES works great and I got to see how Balance worked.
    BlackBerry Balance is cool for the first week lol... than got kind of annoying after that overall worked exactly as i wanted it to. BES10 install for BB10 handhelds is a quick open install click next next next now activate your handheld.
    07-16-14 03:36 PM