My Blackberry Q10 has a major security flaw. Deleting a text message still allows you to search for words, names, passwords, codes...etc and the text messages will appear in the search results. If you search "code" the code will display even though the message was deleted!! You can't open the text message but it displays what you searched.

The Blackberry Q10 is still saving all deleted text messages!! Need Help ASAP.

I know other are having the same issue and need a fix. Major Bug / Security Flaw!
    I am on an official At&t OS Release 10.2.1.2179
    07-16-14 12:33 PM
    I don't have a Q10, but not seeing this on my Z10 running 10.2.1.3247. I ran a search for a verification code I got in a text message, found the result. Deleted the text, search didn't find it.
    07-16-14 12:59 PM
    My Blackberry Q10 has a major security flaw.
    That's something that's possible on YOUR Q10, but if you send and receive passwords with text messaging I cannot see where is a problem, whole world knows it already why bother with phone search!?
    I don't have that problem. You should be more specific and give us some proofs before you state "a major security flaw".
    Sorry if I sound harsh It was not my intention. Calm down I believe that's something trivial no need to be theatrical.
    07-16-14 01:00 PM
    Same problem here. For example, just type in my old friends name from home screen (haven't talked to her in over a year, and all texts from her were previously deleted long ago) and I get many old messages popping up in my search results. So I figured, just hold to highlight then delete.... well that don't work, can't even highlight, nor figure out a way to delete any of the messages. Seems like the messages are somehow cached in my phone and I can't " clear the cache". Any help would be appreciated.

Attached is a pic of my search results when I type her name from the home screen.

Attachment 285429
    07-16-14 07:41 PM
    This does happen, I've seen it before but usually if you try to open the message it disappears, if I recall..
    07-16-14 07:46 PM
    That definitely doesn't work for me. You can't open the message, you can't highlight the message. It's just there.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 07:49 PM
    My Blackberry Q10 has a major security flaw. Deleting a text message still allows you to search for words, names, passwords, codes...etc and the text messages will appear in the search results. If you search "code" the code will display even though the message was deleted!! You can't open the text message but it displays what you searched.

The Blackberry Q10 is still saving all deleted text messages!! Need Help ASAP.

I know other are having the same issue and need a fix. Major Bug / Security Flaw!
    I am on an official At&t OS Release 10.2.1.2179
    What's the problem. YOU can see messages that YOU sent and YOU received. Don't you already know what YOU have on YOUR OWN phone? I don't lend out my phone and have a password on it. If you are lending out your phone and don't have the phone password protected, YOU are the security flaw, not the phone.
    07-16-14 09:29 PM
    The issues here is the fact that deleted text messages are still showing up when u search. Think OP over dramatized a tad bit. But regardless, the issues is quite frustrating not being able to fully delete messages

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 09:42 PM
    Yeah I feel you OP.
    This can be a pretty frustrating issue.

What if a girl broke up with you with a text message and you don't want to see the text anymore? Hahaha

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    07-16-14 09:48 PM
    Seems like something related to indexing... what an OS does is that it indexes everything so it's faster to find when you use universal search. It's like google... even if a page is deleted, It might still show up in the search results. I am not sure how to fix it... you need to force it to redo the indexing.

However I just ran the test myself, deleted a message to see if it shows up in search and it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 10:15 PM
    I just tried it out with my Z30 and the deleted text didn't show up upon searching (it did before I deleted it).

Have you by any chance used any text message backup apps?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 10:23 PM
    Yeah its weird, I can type in certain people's names and really old, long since deleted messages will pop up in the universal search. I just noticed when I hit the search menu tab and scroll down, it doesn't have a word beside the text message icon (see pic). Never noticed that before. I really don't know what to make of this.
    Been happening for a while now on any and every os I load. Just updated to 10.2.1.3253 yesterday. Never used any sort of text backup app or anything like that.

Q10 Security Flaw - Deleted Text Messages Stil Showing Up in Searches!!-img_20140716_210032.png
    07-16-14 11:18 PM
    What os do you guys have? Mine works just fine, when messages are deleted, search gives nothing.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:35 AM
    Have you ever deleted the Search history? Please try it and please let us know.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:40 AM
    07-17-14 03:25 AM
    I don't keep my search history and have tried deleting it multiple times too no avail. I actually tried that solution a while ago and it doesn't work. There's no way of selecting the messages to bring up the side menu to delete them. If you press and hold on one of the messages it doesn't highlight.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 08:14 AM
    I don't keep my search history and have tried deleting it multiple times too no avail. I actually tried that solution a while ago and it doesn't work. There's no way of selecting the messages to bring up the side menu to delete them. If you press and hold on one of the messages it doesn't highlight.
    Posted via CB10
    Hmm, we have here the issue. I can expect same to happen to me, until that time 'I rest my case' .
    I don't use text msgs much, if ever, so I'll wait probably long time ...

But I think I know now why the bear looks angry
    07-17-14 09:19 AM
    That is an important security issue. And stop talking of "it is your Phone, where is the problem when you can see old messages?"

Easiest example:
    He is married - but has a relationship to another person. Of course he will delete all messages from / to this person - but what it his wife enters just a name into search and will find all the messages?

Of course - if something is deleted - it should REALLY be deleted.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 01:13 PM
    Easiest example:
    He is married - but has a relationship to another person. Of course he will delete all messages...
    hmmm, he and another person. Even tough I'd say this is equidistant statement (not a woman, but a person), and I support this kind of statements (very modern), in general I don't think this is a good example for this subject.
    07-17-14 02:19 PM
    Examples: If you type in an ex-girlfriend's name it shows previous messages to and from you...
    If I search password it shows all passwords I have sent, some have been access to my server which I want only my IT guy to see...

It is also annoying that the search results show so many messages when you are looking for something specific still on your device. Deleted messages should be deleted from my device! I do not want anything I have deleted stored on my device is the point I was getting at. This means that everything is stored and can be retrieved somehow in the future.
    07-17-14 02:20 PM
    That is an important security issue. And stop talking of "it is your Phone, where is the problem when you can see old messages?"

Easiest example:
    He is married - but has a relationship to another person. Of course he will delete all messages from / to this person - but what it his wife enters just a name into search and will find all the messages?

Of course - if something is deleted - it should REALLY be deleted.

If you don't have a password on your phone and you allow anyone to use your phone, it is a bigger security flaw than any example you posted.

Posted via CB10
    That is called cheating. If the person who is cheating was smart, he wouldn't allow his wife to use his phone. It isn't a security issue.
    07-17-14 02:42 PM
    The thread isn't about cheating, getting off topic here. It's about the fact that when u delete a old message it should be deleted, not accessible by a search. I'm the same way in the fact that if it was deleted then why is it still showing up. If I wanted to keep certain messages, I'd file them away, or not delete them. But when I delete the message, and can still search and find it, something isn't right. Makes no sense.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz and blee4 like this.
    07-17-14 03:29 PM
    Just tried it and I am having same problems on 3253.

Another major BlackBerry issue, addind to list:
    - lags when typing Czech
    - battery calibration
    - Bedside mode not working about 30 minutes after reboot
    - text are shown in search while they are deleted

Keep up add more bugs BlackBerry!

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 03:35 PM
    It's drastic, but a security wipe solves it

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 07:53 PM
    Nope, security wipe does not fix the problem. Hahahaha, wish it was that easy.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 09:50 PM
46 12