Only had my Z30 a month and it suffered a quick dunk in a toilet.

I am freaking out. I paid cash for it, factory direct.

Its now sitting in a bag of rice. Is there hope?

I accedently hit the power button on top after I powered it down and the screen display was a weird grey with lines and went black again.

Prayers....I have no extra money to replace my beloved phone.
    07-16-14 09:38 AM
    yeah that is your best bet. Leave it in there for quite a while (more than a 2 days maybe) then see what you got
    07-16-14 09:41 AM
    My suggestion is no more p0rn!

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    07-16-14 11:11 AM
    Never understood how some people dropped their phones in the toilets. At first, is it so nesessary using your smartphones in wc or toilet?
    Second, do you have Parkinson disease or something? Or you aiming in the toilet to fall especially there?

Rice is a good solution but I dont know if it works for Z30 cause is a unibody device.
    07-16-14 11:40 AM
    So many people do this!

AND THIS IS WHY I NEVER BUY USED PHONES!

ALWAYS NEW.

I dont get the need to be on the phone while there. Just wait 5min and use it after.

I think your z30 is done for...but it might work some what but never back to 100%
    syah iejam likes this.
    07-16-14 11:46 AM
    Toilet? I would get a new phone, whether it works or not........
    No insurance huh? I bought my Z30 outright cash and then got insurance thru VZW for the device.
    c
    07-16-14 12:30 PM
    Only had my Z30 a month and it suffered a quick dunk in a toilet.

I am freaking out. I paid cash for it, factory direct.

Its now sitting in a bag of rice. Is there hope?

I accedently hit the power button on top after I powered it down and the screen display was a weird grey with lines and went black again.

Prayers....I have no extra money to replace my beloved phone.
    The rice trick only works so far. I dropped my LE Z10 in water too and thought it was fine after leaving it on rice for 6 days. It would work for a couple of weeks after all the water is gone, but then the phone would start acting weird (like random reboots, especially when you push the phone).

I took it to a cell phone repair place, and they treated the motherboard for me using a chemical. What they told me was that, even if the water is all gone from the phone, there would still be corrosion of the main board because of the minerals and metals in the water. I ended up having the treatment done twice because the phone acted funny again a few months after the first treatment. I've since moved on to a Z30 but Z10 seems to be doing ok after the second treatment (I use it as an alarm clock now).

I would STRONGLY recommend that you bring it to a cell phone repair shop and have them do a treatment on it.
    syah iejam likes this.
    07-16-14 12:51 PM
    You must be devastated. Only had mine for a few weeks and would cry if that happened.

After a couple of days in the rice, I would leave it in a warm place such as an airing cupboard for a further two days.

Best of luck. Hope it works for you.

Alan.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    07-16-14 12:51 PM
    It may have shorted your screen only, which you can easily replace yourself for $50.
    07-16-14 03:15 PM
    Get a new phone and learn how to hold the phone in the bathroom without dropping it. Get an otterbox if you need more grip

"Once You Go Black You Never Go Back"
    07-16-14 03:21 PM
    Buy a waterproofed phone like a Sony Z2 perhaps. These days all phones should be waterproofed just in case. Sadly, BlackBerry is lagging behind other manufacturers as always.

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    07-16-14 03:33 PM
    Put it in the bag of rice, or a clear glass bowl, and leave it in the sun (inside your house). That will help expedite the process.

The only time I've had liquid damage to my phone was the 9000, when I so foolishly spilled beer on the table and it seeped into the device completely.

After a few days, the device turned on normally and worked EXCEPT the backlight did not work... so, I could see the screen in direct sunlight and well-lit rooms. The keyboard was fine, everything else was fine, but as soon as it got dark, I couldn't use the phone much. In hindsight, I should have gotten a new display, but the 9700 was coming out soon, so I used my Curve 8900 instead of the 9000 until the new 9700 came out.

So, just try the rice thing and change the rice if you notice that it's getting damp (that means it's doing its job).
    07-16-14 04:03 PM
    The rice trick only works so far. I dropped my LE Z10 in water too and thought it was fine after leaving it on rice for 6 days. It would work for a couple of weeks after all the water is gone, but then the phone would start acting weird (like random reboots, especially when you push the phone).

I took it to a cell phone repair place, and they treated the motherboard for me using a chemical. What they told me was that, even if the water is all gone from the phone, there would still be corrosion of the main board because of the minerals and metals in the water. I ended up having the treatment done twice because the phone acted funny again a few months after the first treatment. I've since moved on to a Z30 but Z10 seems to be doing ok after the second treatment (I use it as an alarm clock now).

I would STRONGLY recommend that you bring it to a cell phone repair shop and have them do a treatment on it.
    Yes. My clumsy niece used to bring me her broken phones all the time. Usually the keyboard and trackpad wouldn't work. She would insist no moisture had gotten on the phone. I would take them apart, discover a large amount of corrosion and sand inside. After a thorough cleaning rubbing off all the water damage the phone would work again. Then she would admit to whatever she had done to it at the beach.

I actually don't use rice. I have a big bag of desiccant I got for dehumidifying my camper. Haven't had to use it on a phone yet, but it dried out the non waterproof Fitbit I ran through the washer in a hurry.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 04:43 PM
    Did any poo get on the phone? This makes a big difference.
    07-16-14 04:47 PM
    Ok y'all....my phone was in my back pocket and when I went to pull down my britches it flipped out of my pocket and landed right in the bowl. I immediately grabbed it, shut it down, dried it off and put it in rice. Now, my son decided to turn it on this morning and the screen had grey lines on a black background. I AM FREAKING OUT.

Someone mentioned getting an Xperia Z2 cuz its waterproof. Ughhhhh have you ever tried that phone? I had a Z1S....its the most horrible OS I have ever encounter. BB10 blows it out of the water.
    07-16-14 05:11 PM
    . BB10 blows it out of the water.
    Do you see it now? ;-)
    07-16-14 05:24 PM
    You did not mention if you let it dried before putting it in rice. This is really important to my advice. Also humidity is always long to go so I would let it 2-3 days in rice and don't be cheap, you sure can put change rice and bag daily. Good luck with your bb!

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 06:12 PM
    LOL, unless the rice swelled up rom the water, leave it alone
    07-16-14 06:52 PM
    You did not mention if you let it dried before putting it in rice. This is really important to my advice. Also humidity is always long to go so I would let it 2-3 days in rice and don't be cheap, you sure can put change rice and bag daily. Good luck with your bb!

Posted via CB10
    absolutely dried it off. That's just a first instinct to do. I just dropped it off at a cell repair store. The dude is going to try and fix it for me. If not, I have to cough up some cash and order a new one. I hope shopblackberry still has the Z30 discounted to $399.
    07-16-14 07:15 PM
    Oh SHxT. That stinks.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 09:26 PM
    Could someone tell me how it's possible to accidentally put the phone into a toilet? Is it that you are using it while you are producing a solid brown organic waste product? Isn't the male reproductive organ, that starts with "P" and ends with "S", in the way of falling into the toilet bowl?

I think you should be more considerate to others, how would a person feel answering a call from you knowing that your voice is echoing from sitting on the toilet and knowing that you are currently in the process of defecating? It would make me feel like feces, knowing that you wanted to talk to me while producing feces.

While I am sure your manure would produce a highly fertile farmland, I am afraid a "feces phone call" from any of my friend would result in the termination of the friendship.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, okay, jokes aside, best wishes.
    One of my female friends also dropped her S4 but with the rice treatment, it became functional again. I did not ask her how she dropped it as I did not want to make her feel like human excrement.

Worst comes to worst, buy a Z10 or a Q5 for $200 until your next upgrade comes.

For some reason, I seem to really like talking about feces. Hahaha

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    Last edited by skstrials; 07-16-14 at 10:46 PM.
    07-16-14 10:20 PM
    Could someone tell me how it's possible to accidentally put the phone into a toilet? Is it that you are using it while you are producing a solid brown organic waste product? Isn't the male reproductive organ, that starts with "P" and ends with "S", in the way of falling into the toilet bowl?

I think you should be more considerate to others, how would a person feel answering a call from you knowing that your voice is echoing from sitting on the toilet and knowing that you are currently in the process of defecating? It would make me feel like feces, knowing that you wanted to talk to me while producing feces.

While I am sure your manure would produce a highly fertile farmland, I am afraid a "feces phone call" from any of my friend would result in the termination of the friendship.
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Okay, okay, jokes aside, best wishes.
    One of my female friends also dropped her S4 but with the rice treatment, it became functional again. I did not ask her how she dropped it as I did not want to make her feel like human excrement.

Worst comes to worst, buy a Z10 or a Q5 for $200 until your next upgrade comes.

For some reason, I seem to really like talking about feces. Hahaha

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    You clearly did not read the thread. Your first question would have been answered, I am not a dude and your upgrade comment is irrelevant.
    07-17-14 06:07 PM
    The guy that did the water treatment on my phone can't get it to load past the first Blackberry screen, then it shuts off. I guess its stuck in a bootloop and can't be fixed. Ordering a newphone today. This sux!
    07-18-14 10:30 AM
    3 days must do but if you think it was totally under I say 3 days in rice and than 2 days extra in new rice. That's a 5 days. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 10:42 AM
    Never understood how some people dropped their phones in the toilets. At first, is it so nesessary using your smartphones in wc or toilet?
    Second, do you have Parkinson disease or something? Or you aiming in the toilet to fall especially there?

Rice is a good solution but I dont know if it works for Z30 cause is a unibody device.
    Have you heard the term Poogle? :-)

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    baiosss likes this.
    07-18-14 11:54 AM
43 12