All of a sudden my Z10 is turning off at 20%. Started about two weeks ago and nothing I have tried has fixed it.I haven't installed any new apps and I don't have a leaked OS. I read through some similar threads but I haven't seen any fixes that have shown universal success in solving the problem.

I've tried draining the battery and then letting it charge fully. Hasn't worked. I've tried it multiple times.

I've also tried pulling the battery for 5 minutes and then putting it back. Also hasn't worked.

Anyone have any fixes that have proved to actually work for this? Or know why it seems to suddenly start happening?

Thanks,
    G
    07-15-14 10:17 PM
    All of a sudden my Z10 is turning off at 20%. Started about two weeks ago and nothing I have tried has fixed it.I haven't installed any new apps and I don't have a leaked OS. I read through some similar threads but I haven't seen any fixes that have shown universal success in solving the problem.

I've tried draining the battery and then letting it charge fully. Hasn't worked. I've tried it multiple times.

I've also tried pulling the battery for 5 minutes and then putting it back. Also hasn't worked.

Anyone have any fixes that have proved to actually work for this? Or know why it seems to suddenly start happening?

Thanks,
    G
    Mine is doing the same thing... basically I'll get a notice that my phone is at 20% and then all of a sudden within minutes the phone will literarily hit 2% and then shut off.
    07-15-14 11:16 PM
    Try rebooting your z10 while it is charging. That will recalibrate the battery. It has worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 11:49 AM

Thanks,
    G
    Are you using stl 100-1? Drain batt, remove batt for 1 minute, put back batt then charge. When phone boots up, batt should be less than 10%. Batt might say it's full charge at <100%, if this happens, replug the charger.

Posted via My Awesome Passport | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    07-16-14 12:36 PM
    Maybe mine is an anomaly? It was still working fine when I took this
    Attached Thumbnails Z10 Turning Off At 20%-img_20140709_223043.png   Z10 Turning Off At 20%-img_20140709_223017.png   Z10 Turning Off At 20%-img_20140709_223013.png  
    07-16-14 01:24 PM
    Sorry, found out I can't delete posted images the first one was after I plugged in the phone, but the others were before!
    07-16-14 01:28 PM
    Are you using stl 100-1? Drain batt, remove batt for 1 minute, put back batt then charge. When phone boots up, batt should be less than 10%. Batt might say it's full charge at <100%, if this happens, replug the charger.

Posted via My Awesome Passport | Follow me on Twitter @angelesrobby
    No I'm using Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-16-14 05:20 PM
    Mine is doing the same thing... basically I'll get a notice that my phone is at 20% and then all of a sudden within minutes the phone will literarily hit 2% and then shut off.
    Same thing is happening to me. Within a few minutes of getting the 20% battery notice my device will shut off. Clearly the batter hasn't reached 0% in that time so something isn't quite right.

07-16-14 05:22 PM
    Try rebooting your z10 while it is charging. That will recalibrate the battery. It has worked for me.

Posted via CB10
    Reboot? As in holding both the volume keys?

Thanks for your help.

07-16-14 05:24 PM
    So I've managed to get my Z10 to stop turning off at 20%. Unfortunately, now it only charges to 97% regardless of how long I leave it plugged in.

I don't have a whole lot of complaints about my Z10. For the most part it is a decent phone. The battery, however, is unequivocally terrible!

07-17-14 11:07 AM