Philippines would be launching the Z3 on July 22. Still hoping less than $200 for it to be successful.

https://ph.news.yahoo.com/photos/bla...658-slideshow/

Posted via CB10
    southorn and AthenaSmith like this.
    07-15-14 12:41 PM
    I imagine the price point would make a big difference in whether or not it sells well.
    07-15-14 01:20 PM
    Exactly! Hopefully they price it right..

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 01:52 PM
    Here's hoping for a successful launch.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    07-15-14 02:00 PM
    I imagine the price point would make a big difference in whether or not it sells well.
    Inventory will be the biggest determinant of price. If only 20 or 30K are produced for the whole country, expect a $250+ price. Simple supply and demand.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 03:15 PM
    Inventory will be the biggest determinant of price. If only 20 or 30K are produced for the whole country, expect a $250+ price. Simple supply and demand.

Posted via CB10
    yeah that seems to be the Foxconn strategy so far. Small batch, high price, get info for size of next batch.
    07-16-14 12:19 PM
    after some months it will be cheaper I think
    07-17-14 04:53 AM
    Word is out already. Philippines srp is Php10,990.00. Don't know of that's enough to entice people into trying out BB again, especially after they abandoned the RP market last year.
    07-18-14 10:13 AM
    no carrier support. im not expecting it to sell. this should be under globe FREE for plan 999. 11k is too much for pinoys to shell out
    07-18-14 10:25 AM
    It's a good price for a BlackBerry, though still somewhat expensive for a supposed 'budget' phone. I'm still really hoping it sells despite the lack of carrier support. Some people I've talked to, even though they are under the impression that BlackBerry is being phased out, still think of BlackBerry as a premium brand used by executives and professionals. Hopefully people will see the price as a great steal for a premium brand.

I'll try to recommend the Z3 to our Admin and Marketing departments as company-issued phones or as raffle giveaways at company events.

Posted via CB10
    07-18-14 10:12 PM
    Php10,990 for a Z3? That's midrange territory. The Xiaomi Mi3 is even cheaper than that and with much better specs. Way overpriced.

Posted from an ME173X
    07-19-14 02:59 AM
    It should have been around 9500 max! And 8500 proper price..

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 04:08 AM
    Unfortunately, we cannot provide a much cheaper price than 10,990 pesos. We all know the competition, but still we are looking at the PH market as a good place for BlackBerry. Since we all know that BlackBerry is still number one when it comes to security, I guess shelling out 10,990 pesos won't be a bad idea at all. If you could shell out 32,000 pesos on iPhones and androids that can be rooted, why not shell out only a small amount knowing that all your identity and everything you protect is secured.

Using BlackBerry Z30
    07-19-14 07:31 AM
    I think it's abundantly clear that your average consumer, especially ones in the market for a budget phone do not care about additional security. Android and iOS is plenty secure for them.

10,990 pesos is ridiculous. The Mi4 with its metal housing, full HD ips screen, 13 megapixel Sony exmor camers and snapdragon 801 with 3gb ram launching on 22 June will be around that price.

The cheaper Redmi 1s already beats the Z3.

Edit: looks like the latest rumours are the mi4 will have a 2K screen as well as the 16mp Sony sensor, but priced at $500. The current mi3 with significantly better specs than even the Z30 is around 250usd.
    Last edited by afhstingray; 07-19-14 at 09:08 PM.
    07-19-14 08:23 PM
    And to think that Z3 has only 8GB internal memory on board. After installation of BB10 OS on the same internal memory, I wonder how many premium aps and games you can still install considering also the point that you cannot transfer those apps and games to its external memory.

Posted via CB10
    07-19-14 08:46 PM
    And to think that Z3 has only 8GB internal memory on board. After installation of BB10 OS on the same internal memory, I wonder how many premium aps and games you can still install considering also the point that you cannot transfer those apps and games to its external memory.

Posted via CB10
    I'm not sure bout the Z3, but on the Q5/Q10 all the nice games are not compatible with the screen resolution, so I don't run out of space. On my Z10 however... for example batman is already almost 1GB...
    07-19-14 09:01 PM
    With the looks of it, the Mi3 is another Korean or China made handset with a rooted android that cannot be upgraded. I guess average consumers nowadays doesn't bother if their passwords and other credential gets compromised. They horde in apple because they want to feel rich even if they are not. We are not after this regular consumers. Have a look at Porsche Design? Do they even mind if the middle class or lower class knows their name? They don't because that is not their market segment. Same with us.

Using BlackBerry Z30
    07-19-14 09:02 PM
    Mi is a chinese company. Their OS is not rooted. It's a built from the ground up based on android with google play access. Not just a launcher or skin. Again, remember we are discussing budget devices here. If you think blackberry Z3 is so premium, you're dreaming.

And by the way, it can be upgraded. They have weekly os updates as well to keep it secure.
    07-19-14 09:11 PM
    Its like you are comparing a sardines against a shark. BlackBerry has been in the business eversince 1999. Long before the name Apple and Samsung came to exist. All of their competitors like Nokia and Motorola has faced their fate already but not BlackBerry. And comparing Mi to BlackBerry is really not a good thing. A newly established company that needs to prove a lot against someone who is already known in the market. BlackBerry has been respected by CEO's and business owners while android and apple users are those known by employees under these honchos. BlackBerry tries to engaged to a much lower market to reach out and see how well it will be. But not to lower themselves to the point of competing to those trying hard china made handsets.

Using BlackBerry Z30
    07-19-14 09:39 PM
    Its the name that you need to pay on that price range and not the technology.

Using BlackBerry Z30
    07-19-14 09:39 PM
    No, it's like comparing a geriatric shark whose teeth have all fallen out and is near death to a baby shark. Apple and samsung are the alpha sharks in the sea right now, xiaomi, oppo, oneplus are all baby sharks that may sink or swim, but as it stands now they appear to be getting bigger every day. Xiaomi isn't that much of a baby btw, they started in 2011 and have since sold millions of devices.

BlackBerry is selling crap hardware for premium prices. However the future looks bright, the passport and the classic seem to finally have the quality and specs to match the price.

You say it's the name you pay for, in your criticism of apple, but in the same breath you say buy BlackBerry on its name. At least apple engineers it's own custom components. BlackBerry's are essentially android hardware running a different OS. In the tech world nobody cares about your heritage. It's not a bank or lawfirm. If you want to talk heritage we'd all still be buying motorolas.

And just so you know, most of the fortune 500 ceos surveyed use their BlackBerry only for email, and have an iphone for everything else. And we're talking bb7 devices, not bb10.

No ceo would use an overpriced low end device like a Z3.
    07-19-14 10:53 PM
    We all respect your opinions about the brand and the conception about it. Lets all just see in the latter who will have the last laugh though. Have a great weekend.

Using BlackBerry Z30
    07-19-14 11:18 PM
    We all respect your opinions about the brand and the conception about it. Lets all just see in the latter who will have the last laugh though. Have a great weekend.

Using BlackBerry Z30

Like I said, this thread is about the Z3, specifically it's pricing in the philipines. Its absolutely uncompetitive at that price level. Hopefully the upcoming premium devices the classic and the passport do well. You seem to think a criticism on the Z3 is a criticism of BlackBerry as a whole.
    07-20-14 12:29 AM
    Blackberry promised to have a phone under 200 bucks in Indonesia and they kept their words. Although I'm surprised with the higher price in Philippines too, they did not promise to keep the same price in other countries.

Posted via CB10
    07-20-14 11:15 AM
    So... Anyare? Was the Z3 launched?

Posted from a D618
    07-22-14 06:43 AM
134 123 ...