Hi there,

I'm new member on CarckBerry and i'm also new with BES 10 platform at all.

I never do MS Exchange 2007 and BES 10 configuration at all in life.

Anyway, I'm trying to setup for the 1st time BES 10 Server as all in one box solution on one VM machine as testing box.

Can somebody if is possible give me a step by step instructions how I can configure BES 10.2.3 to use with BB devices which will has Exchange 2007 as mail service in backoffice.

I already done next things:
    - Installed and setup Windows Server 2008 R2
    - Installed and setup Exchange 2007 SP3 - it's working on internet (can send/receive emails via exchange service, imap, pop3, smtp, owa)
    - Installed BES 10.2.3 (made installation without any errors and problems on machine but after it I got some strange things).

Strange things which are happen and happening are:

- on bes console I can log via admin not besadmin as username, is this okay?

- when I log on bes admin console I'm getting 'create a local user' not 'create a user' - I attached screenshot pictures of mine BES and regular BES probably how should be?

- i'm getting all the time window when I reboot or power up my VM which shows up like server didn't shut down server on regular way;

So, any help is welcome and thanks of course in advance!

I hope that someone will reply me soon.
    Attached Thumbnails New with BES 10 - Create a User vs. Create a local user and etc.-bes10_bds_19.jpg   New with BES 10 - Create a User vs. Create a local user and etc.-my-bes-10.png  
    07-15-14 12:18 PM
    a good start is to read though the documentation BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - Manuals and Guides

im pretty sure depending on which account you input to install BES10 is what account you would use to log in to the console. It gets a little quirky which is why reading through the install and configuration documents are always a good idea. Theres exchange permissions that need to be set up and all some other things that arent straight forward.
    07-15-14 04:23 PM
    Thanks
    07-15-14 04:58 PM
    Local is to setup a user not in Active Directory.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 08:09 PM

- on bes console I can log via admin not besadmin as username, is this okay?
    BES10 has 3 consoles. For the BDS I would expect you to be able to log on with besadmin. If not, check who has administrative permissions.

- when I log on bes admin console I'm getting 'create a local user' not 'create a user' - I attached screenshot pictures of mine BES and regular BES probably how should be?
    Could be related to the login issue. BES should be able to read the users from AD.

- i'm getting all the time window when I reboot or power up my VM which shows up like server didn't shut down server on regular way;
    I have one installation showing this issue.
    Try to stop the BlackBerry Controller service before rebooting. If it works it's a known issue. Annoying but harmless.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 01:20 AM
    Hi there,
    It's as it should be, if you didn't configure Company Directory Integration, after you do that, you'll be able to create users and local users:

New with BES 10 - Create a User vs. Create a local user and etc.-new-picture-copy.jpg
    07-16-14 02:41 AM
    Hi,
    I tried to setup integration with MS Exchange using 'Company directory integration' but all the time I'm getting that username, password or domain are incorrect and can't save settings for directory integration.
    Since I'm having local domain and external domain my question is which one I should put?
    I tried both and get same result as I describe above.

So, if my AD local domain is mycompany.local and my external, internet web, domain is mycompany.net which one I should put for sure?

Regarding to user account from AD, I used ADMINISTRATOR account from server/AD with proper password.
    07-16-14 07:40 AM
    Hi,
    I tried to setup integration with MS Exchange using 'Company directory integration' but all the time I'm getting that username, password or domain are incorrect and can't save settings for directory integration.
    Since I'm having local domain and external domain my question is which one I should put?
    I tried both and get same result as I describe above.

So, if my AD local domain is mycompany.local and my external, internet web, domain is mycompany.net which one I should put for sure?

Regarding to user account from AD, I used ADMINISTRATOR account from server/AD with proper password.
    1. Have you chosen NO for 'Single sign-on authentication for BlackBerry Administration Service turned on:' or you've chosen YES?
    Put it to NO (sorry I can't explain why )

2. I don't think it's a good idea to use Administrator account (Domain Admin privileges) . It's not necessary. Is there BESAdmin (local machine admin) it's the one created during installation and BES10 services use it? Try with that one! If you receive an error leave the from (Company directory integration) and enter in it again, then try to change what you think is wrong at the moment!

3. regarding AD domains I don't get it. You have a forest!? Users you want to activate in BES10 are members of which AD domain (.local or .net)?
    How can you log on to the server that hosts BES10 with user BESAdmin as mycompany.local\BESAdmin or mycompany.net\BESAdmin?

07-16-14 11:44 AM
    1. Have you chosen NO for 'Single sign-on authentication for BlackBerry Administration Service turned on:' or you've chosen YES?
    Put it to NO (sorry I can't explain why )

2. I don't think it's a good idea to use Administrator account (Domain Admin privileges) . It's not necessary. Is there BESAdmin (local machine admin) it's the one created during installation and BES10 services use it? Try with that one! If you receive an error leave the from (Company directory integration) and enter in it again, then try to change what you think is wrong at the moment!

3. regarding AD domains I don't get it. You have a forest!? Users you want to activate in BES10 are members of which AD domain (.local or .net)?
    How can you log on to the server that hosts BES10 with user BESAdmin as mycompany.local\BESAdmin or mycompany.net\BESAdmin?

Hi,
    To be frankly about besadmin account i didn't know that bes installation process will create that and before installation process I created besadmin account in AD and assign all permissions like it should a long with polices.

Right know, I can only login to BES admin console via admin account which is I guess internal account by BES.

About using ADMINISTRATOR account for integration I just was testing it since I want to be sure that everything should /will work well but guess it's not working. I know that is bad idea to use it.

About BES integration I will try as soon as I get back home and see what you told me.

About BES in general I want to allow all users of BB devices via enterprise account to have access to their e-mail account on external domain mycompany.net.

In mean time I tested MS Exchange server does it work well using SMTP/POP3/IMAP/OWA and it's working for external, internet web domain, mycompany.net.

Anyway if you have any good practices to start all over with BES installation it's not problem with me to go everything from beginning since i have VM where only MS Exchange is installed.

Ones again thanks a lot.
    07-17-14 11:49 AM
    I don't think it's necessary to start installation again.
    Regarding a service account: I wasn't clear. You are the one who should make the service account (it's no name convention but most of the time people name it BESAdmin) before installation. All BES10 services will use the service account. If you open the computer's control panel - Administrative tools - Services control panel you could see that.
    Please read carefully the installation guide on this link: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...n_Guide_en.pdf
    Read everything, but for you the most important part is the Chapter 6, page 34 onward, then skip 7 and 8, and continue with 9.
    If you want to start again, I strongly recommend clean installation.
    The job is quite easy for a single machine installation, just follow instruction, and fill out fields when asked to.
    Regarding domains: there's big difference if we are talking about Active Directory (AD) Domain name (which is probably mycompany.local - LAN DNS record) and Domain name when we are referring to a DNS record of some internet DNS (which is probably mycomany.net). If you need to give some reference to LAN resources then you should use mycompany.local, and when referring to your resources from outside then you should use mycompany.net. BES10 should be inside (LAN), and in your case - altogether with the Domain controller and Exchange server.

If your Exchange is operational you have it almost all, and BES10 should not be a problem. Let just see what's going on, but first try as I've advised in my previous post.
    07-17-14 12:54 PM
    I don't think it's necessary to start installation again.
    Regarding a service account: I wasn't clear. You are the one who should make the service account (it's no name convention but most of the time people name it BESAdmin) before installation. All BES10 services will use the service account. If you open the computer's control panel - Administrative tools - Services control panel you could see that.
    Please read carefully the installation guide on this link: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/admin/...n_Guide_en.pdf
    Read everything, but for you the most important part is the Chapter 6, page 34 onward, then skip 7 and 8, and continue with 9.
    If you want to start again, I strongly recommend clean installation.
    The job is quite easy for a single machine installation, just follow instruction, and fill out fields when asked to.
    Regarding domains: there's big difference if we are talking about Active Directory (AD) Domain name (which is probably mycompany.local - LAN DNS record) and Domain name when we are referring to a DNS record of some internet DNS (which is probably mycomany.net). If you need to give some reference to LAN resources then you should use mycompany.local, and when referring to your resources from outside then you should use mycompany.net. BES10 should be inside (LAN), and in your case - altogether with the Domain controller and Exchange server.

If your Exchange is operational you have it almost all, and BES10 should not be a problem. Let just see what's going on, but first try as I've advised in my previous post.
    Hello there,
    Finally I found what is a problem in general and why I cant save changes.
    Problems is when I select YES option for 'Support for linked Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes'
    If this option stay off I can save changes and after all I can then use AD to import user accounts from AD.
    Is this normal or what?

Also, I still can't login using AD accounts (Administrator and/or besadmin) to BES Admin Console. I can only login using BES local account. When I enter username/password/domain I'm getting invalid username/password/domain. I tried to reboot but no lucky.

Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails New with BES 10 - Create a User vs. Create a local user and etc.-bes-plus-2014-07-18-12-48-16.png   New with BES 10 - Create a User vs. Create a local user and etc.-bes-plus-2014-07-18-12-37-43.png   New with BES 10 - Create a User vs. Create a local user and etc.-bes-plus-2014-07-18-13-37-09.png   New with BES 10 - Create a User vs. Create a local user and etc.-bes-plus-2014-07-18-13-37-18.png  
    Last edited by bokinet; 07-18-14 at 06:39 AM.
    07-18-14 05:57 AM
    Finally I found what is a problem in general and why I cant save changes.
    Problems is when I select YES option for 'Support for linked Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes'
    If this option stay off I can save changes and after all I can then use AD to import user accounts from AD.
    Is this normal or what?
    Excellent, I am happy you managed this! Yes that's the way it should be because you don't have a forest.

Also, I still can't login using AD accounts (Administrator and/or besadmin) to BES Admin Console. I can only login using BES local account. When I enter username/password/domain I'm getting invalid username/password/domain. I tried to reboot but no lucky.
    That's also OK. Before you can log on that way, you have to create an Amin user from AD (see pic):

New with BES 10 - Create a User vs. Create a local user and etc.-admin-user.jpg

Be careful, don't delete or change existing ones for start, have in mind that a role with the highest privileges is the Security Administrator role (a lot of people wrongly think the Enterprise Administrator is 'the most powerful ' but it's not!). After you create a user from the AD (Administrator user) you'll be able to log on the way you would like to.

You're doing a good job with BES10, go ahead
    07-18-14 07:50 AM
    Excellent, I am happy you managed this! Yes that's the way it should be because you don't have a forest.

That's also OK. Before you can log on that way, you have to create an Amin user from AD (see pic):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Admin User.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	285674

Be careful, don't delete or change existing ones for start, have in mind that a role with the highest privileges is the Security Administrator role (a lot of people wrongly think the Enterprise Administrator is 'the most powerful ' but it's not!). After you create a user from the AD (Administrator user) you'll be able to log on the way you would like to.

You're doing a good job with BES10, go ahead
    Hi,
    Thanks a lot.

Regrading to opening admin accounts I made just for testing.

In mean time I also made one enterprise account activation on BB10 device and everything went okay.
    I made message exchange between google email and mail which is set as test email on BB10 device.
    Guess this is working and it's alive.
    Still have a lot of to learn and work regarding to BES stuff.

Cheers!
    Cheers!
    Cheers!
    07-20-14 04:18 PM
    Hi,
    Thanks a lot.

Regrading to opening admin accounts I made just for testing.

In mean time I also made one enterprise account activation on BB10 device and everything went okay.
    I made message exchange between google email and mail which is set as test email on BB10 device.
    Guess this is working and it's alive.
    Still have a lot of to learn and work regarding to BES stuff.

Cheers!
    Cheers!
    Cheers!
    Hi,
    Extra!
    It's kinda exciting first time you activate and see the Balance on your phone, isn't it?
    BES10 is easy to install and manage you'll just need some time to work with it. You'll see. (You should read the Configuration and Administration guides for sure: BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - Manuals and Guides
    As soon as I have some free time I'll show you how to install BlackBerry Work Drivers on the phone over BES10. BB Work drives is extra useful application.
    Cheers mate!
    07-21-14 03:09 AM
    Hi,
    Extra!
    It's kinda exciting first time you activate and see the Balance on your phone, isn't it?
    BES10 is easy to install and manage you'll just need some time to work with it. You'll see. (You should read the Configuration and Administration guides for sure: BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 - Manuals and Guides
    As soon as I have some free time I'll show you how to install BlackBerry Work Drivers on the phone over BES10. BB Work drives is extra useful application.
    Cheers mate!
    Hello!

That's nice. Thanks.
    Anyway I sent you message on PM.
    Please if you can see it and let me know.
    Thanks ones again.

Cheers ones again.
    07-24-14 10:06 AM