07-13-14 08:02 AM
    And this part of the article made me wonder:

"Apple is deeply committed to protecting the privacy of all our customers," the company writes. "Privacy is built into our products and services from the earliest stages of design. We work tirelessly to deliver the most secure hardware and software in the world."

Apple = most secure hardware and software in the world??? Don't think so but it seems Apple gets away with every nonsense they'll claim.

CB10 - Q10
    Andy_bb_king and johnm137 like this.
    07-13-14 08:05 AM
    People and governments are waking up to the Apple fraud . Not only is the iphone one of the most outdated and old smartphone / OS But it seems to be a direct link to NSA. Why anyone would use such an old and outdated product with a direct link to NSA is beyond me.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 08:33 AM
    People and governments are waking up to the Apple fraud . Not only is the iphone one of the most outdated and old smartphone / OS But it seems to be a direct link to NSA. Why anyone would use such an old and outdated product with a direct link to NSA is beyond me.

Posted via CB10
    70,000 employees. That's what amazes me. The decline will be horrific.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 09:24 AM
    You have to take reports like this with a grain of salt. It's from the Chinese State run media, who tend to spin stories to spread FUD when it suits their own purposes. Remember, this is the country that has their own firewall to control what their citizens can access online. Pretty much every smartphone has a GPS chip in it these days, they all have the ability to track you.
    07-13-14 09:41 AM
    What direct link is that?

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 10:44 AM
    The claims made on Crackberry about iOS security are typical ignorant screeds. Virtually none of you know what you're talking about.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/...-security.html

And here's the "White Paper" referenced in the article.
    http://images.apple.com/iphone/busin...rity_Feb14.pdf

Educate yourselves.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-14-14 11:40 PM
    The claims made on Crackberry about iOS security are typical ignorant screeds. Virtually none of you know what you're talking about.

http://www.networkworld.com/article/...-security.html

Educate yourselves.

Ignorant screeds? You continuously defend Apple no matter what happens. And you post your defense of Apple on a BlackBerry fan site. It's pointless and I have a link for you http://www.cvedetails.com/product/15...l?vendor_id=49

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-15-14 12:11 AM
    http://www.cvedetails.com/top-50-ven...stribution.php
    Microsoft and Apple top 2 on security flaws...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-15-14 12:13 AM
    http://www.cvedetails.com/vendor/8356/Blackberry.html
    BlackBerry vulnerabilities totaled on all their products.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-15-14 12:16 AM

Apple reveals unprecedented details in iOS security | Network World

Educate yourselves.

What is your specific comment? The article highlighted many security failures/flaws, and a white paper is just technical marketing showing they attempt security. There has been jailbreaks since days after the first iPhone, so having such a history of being pwned over and over again just makes their whitepaper claims make me laugh. Recently, it was revealed how to reactivate previously stolen phones, enabling criminals to make $$$.

And the flaws in password management with AppleID allowing hackers to social engineer Apple ID and take over Apple accounts. How Apple and Amazon Security Flaws Led to My Epic Hacking | Gadget Lab | WIRED

Oh, and there is no excuse/plausible reason for gotofail bug. That is just epic fail and Apple cannot convince me of security to the core in this year, next year and doubtful in 5 years.

More education. https://media.blackhat.com/bh-us-11/...nel_Slides.pdf
    Last edited by BCITMike; 07-15-14 at 12:57 AM.
    07-15-14 12:22 AM
    What is your specific comment? The article highlighted many security failures/flaws, and a white paper is just technical marketing showing they attempt security. There has been jailbreaks since days after the first iPhone, so having such a history of being pwned over and over again just makes their whitepaper claims make me laugh. Recently, it was revealed how to reactivate previously stolen phones, enabling criminals to make $$$.

And the flaws in password management with AppleID allowing hackers to social engineer Apple ID and take over Apple accounts. How Apple and Amazon Security Flaws Led to My Epic Hacking | Gadget Lab | WIRED

Oh, and there is no excuse/plausible reason for gotofail bug. That is just epic fail and Apple cannot convince me of security to the core in this year, next year and doubtful in 5 years.

More education. https://media.blackhat.com/bh-us-11/...nel_Slides.pdf
    Can you point me to a single exploit that caused someone's information to be stolen that DOESN'T involve social engineering or user error? I mean the type of security flaw that doesn't involve getting an ignorant user to install malicious third-party code? Because that's the kind of thing folks here usually point to.

Social engineering can be pulled off on any platform. If BlackBerry had more than a fraction of the phones out there that Apple has, I'm sure we'd see faults there, too.
    07-15-14 02:51 PM
    Can you point me to a single exploit that caused someone's information to be stolen that DOESN'T involve social engineering or user error? I mean the type of security flaw that doesn't involve getting an ignorant user to install malicious third-party code? Because that's the kind of thing folks here usually point to.

Social engineering can be pulled off on any platform. If BlackBerry had more than a fraction of the phones out there that Apple has, I'm sure we'd see faults there, too.

What do you think jail breaking a iPhone is, it is a exploit.
    07-15-14 05:22 PM
    What do you think jail breaking a iPhone is, it is a exploit.
    Right. An exploit that's taken advantage by the end-user. Don't pretend not to understand the difference between that and someone having their data stolen.

07-16-14 12:11 AM
    Can you point me to a single exploit that caused someone's information to be stolen that DOESN'T involve social engineering or user error? I mean the type of security flaw that doesn't involve getting an ignorant user to install malicious third-party code?
    *crickets*

07-16-14 12:13 AM
    *crickets*

So... what about all them people in Australia who had their phones and ipads hacked and were demanded ransom money?

Swordsmanship & Western Martial Arts Channel C000C9AF6
    07-16-14 12:20 AM
    Those were people that allowed THEMSELVES to be hacked. Social engineering. That was NOT a software exploit.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    07-16-14 04:37 AM
    Those were people that allowed THEMSELVES to be hacked. Social engineering. That was NOT a software exploit.

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums
    Have you heard about "idi0t-proof" smartphone phone?

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 09:45 AM

Apple reveals unprecedented details in iOS security | Network World

Educate yourselves.

lol, educate yourselves? Here's an older link (2013) but still very valid: Android Phones Face Biggest Risk from Cyber Attack? | On Air Videos | Fox Business

Watch the whole clip and listen what he says : BlackBerry compared to Apple and Android.

Ow, and read this article: http://seekingalpha.com/article/2317...app=1&uprof=51
    Last edited by Mo Cat; 07-16-14 at 05:18 PM.
    07-16-14 12:53 PM
    I still want to know about this "Direct link to the NSA" bollocks...
    07-24-14 11:39 AM

Sure, if you do some thorough reading on previous exploits, you'll see the one about receiving sms messages without user being aware and it having full access.

Apple fixed it the next day, but who knows how long and by whom else knew.

There are several cases where independent researchers report to apple and they fix it.

But again, there is still no valid reason for gotofail bug.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 03:18 PM
    Right. An exploit that's taken advantage by the end-user. Don't pretend not to understand the difference between that and someone having their data stolen.

You missed the jailbreaks that got installed by visiting the jailbreak website and required no downloaded tools.

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 03:20 PM
    So what about installing leaked OS's? Or hacking the Android runtime, or sideloading? These all have the potential for disaster but I'll wager no one has been a victim yet...
    07-25-14 08:44 AM
    You missed the jailbreaks that got installed by visiting the jailbreak website and required no downloaded tools.

Posted via CB10
    Yes I did, I guess. Got a link? Did this "jailbreak website" actually install malicious code? Did it compromise anyone's credit card numbers or transfer funds from their bank accounts or sell their email address to the highest bidder or copy jPEGs of a compromising nature?

Security in the digital age is relative, and in the tech press it's very meaning is elusive. When it comes to Apple it's downright sensational in most cases. Of the many many millions of iOS devices out there, I haven't heard of a SINGLE exploit that doesn't involve some kind of human error on the part of the device owner. And the error part is usually obvious and not likely to be committed by anyone paying attention.

Aside from all of that, many of us here overlook the fact that in 2014, if your black berry isn't on a BES server, it's arguably NO MORE secure than any other phone out there. With scant evidence of successful malicious attacks and Apple's track record considering the exponentially larger number of devices out there, might we consider that Apple is every bit as secure as a consumer black berry?

Keeping in mind that all iPhones going forward are going to have TouchID, I think we can at least consider the possibility.
    07-28-14 02:03 AM
    This thread is awesome
    07-28-14 02:20 AM
29 12