Everytime, I send a group text or reply to a group text my friends get them as a individual text. How can I fix this?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 11:21 PM
    Talk to your service provider - have it enabled and subscribe to it

Posted via BlackBerry Z10 ST1 - I mean really!
    bbdodgersdude likes this.
    07-12-14 11:31 PM
    Talk to your service provider - have it enabled and subscribe to it

When I use my back up phone. A iPhone 5s it's works. I love z30 more. But would like to fix this group texting thing. I did call my service provider they said it's a BlackBerry 10 problem.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 12:17 AM
    Go to hub hit more, then settings, text messages, advanced, send text - only messages change it to automatic. See if that helps.
    Group texting-img_20140713_043859.png

Posted via CB10
    saxxman and bbdodgersdude like this.
    07-13-14 06:40 AM
    ^^^Sorry that is not the answer. I've had it set that way since day one and they still get them individually just as the OP mentioned. I'm not sure where to go from here either..

Posted from that new Z30
    07-13-14 07:05 AM
    Yea I was having this same issue when I would try to group txt with my daughters. I tried to get them to use BBM but that didn't work out too well. I finally just gave in and download KIK which they both were already using.

Z10
    07-13-14 07:20 AM
    I believe you have to make sure that you have check off the box to enable group conversation! Hope that helps
    [ATTACH]284710[/ATTACH
    Attached Thumbnails Group texting-img_20140713_085552.png  
    07-13-14 07:57 AM
    I believe you have to make sure that you have check off the box to enable group conversation! Hope that helps
    [ATTACH]284710[/ATTACH
    This is also what works for me. I've never had an issue with this box checked.
    07-13-14 08:05 AM
    This is also what works for me. I've never had an issue with this box checked.
    Even when I had that checked I would get replies back as individual txts instead of into a group.

Z10
    07-13-14 08:20 AM
    Well then maybe you should try searching on youtube.com for an answer
    07-13-14 09:45 AM
    Well then maybe you should try searching on youtube.com for an answer
    Yes did that and also search Google. But no right answer to fix it.

Anyway thanks everyone for trying to help

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 10:17 AM
    Yeah same issue. when I am included in a group chat as well as when I start the group chat...

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:49 AM
    ^^^Sorry that is not the answer. I've had it set that way since day one and they still get them individually just as the OP mentioned. I'm not sure where to go from here either..

Posted from that new Z30
    Have you tried switching it to mms?

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 12:49 PM
    Even when I had that checked I would get replies back as individual txts instead of into a group.

Z10
    It's worked for me, but I have gotten messages back as single replies. Some people just don't like group texting and won't reply to the group text but rather reply individually. And some people just don't know how to set their phones up to reply to group texts. People want all this choice, but can't figure out how to take advantage of the choices provided.
    07-13-14 01:06 PM
    Either ways, it costs the same - as a single message or 1 message per group contact

07-13-14 01:38 PM
    It's worked for me, but I have gotten messages back as single replies. Some people just don't like group texting and won't reply to the group text but rather reply individually. And some people just don't know how to set their phones up to reply to group texts. People want all this choice, but can't figure out how to take advantage of the choices provided.
    my friends reply to me individually because they get my group message as a individually text so when they hit reply it only goes to me. Yup even with all the advantage choices option check for group texting. When I am not using a BlackBerry z30, I got no problem with group texting. Only happens with my BlackBerry z30.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 03:34 PM
    Setting it to "MMS only" fixed that issue for me. Try that.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 07:53 PM
    Group texting only works with
    MMS. Make sure you have an MMS plan, and that you daughters has MMS plans, and that everyone has it enabled.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 08:20 PM
    Yes, it is a BB10 problem. Texting on BB10 is poorly implemented. Don't listen to anyone who on here who says it's your carrier or your settings. It is a problem that needs to be addressed by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 08:45 PM
    my friends reply to me individually because they get my group message as a individually text so when they hit reply it only goes to me. Yup even with all the advantage choices option check for group texting. When I am not using a BlackBerry z30, I got no problem with group texting. Only happens with my BlackBerry z30.

Posted via CB10
    When I get a group text, I sometimes choose to reply to the individual rather than get a few "Who is this" texts from the other participants. I don't know if it's a BB10 issue or user issue, but I learned my lessons about mass texts on BBOS and had the same issues until I figured out how to handle them, so I tend to think it's not an OS problem. Look, I receive group texts quite often from team managers who don't want to text the same message 15 times. When I reply to the group message, it is separate from any individual messages I may have with the sender. Also any responses to the group message show up in the original thread. I think many people don't get how it works and respond individually instead of to the group....but anyone who makes it work must be lying...
    07-13-14 08:58 PM
    When I get a group text, I sometimes choose to reply to the individual rather than get a few "Who is this" texts from the other participants. I don't know if it's a BB10 issue or user issue, but I learned my lessons about mass texts on BBOS and had the same issues until I figured out how to handle them, so I tend to think it's not an OS problem. Look, I receive group texts quite often from team managers who don't want to text the same message 15 times. When I reply to the group message, it is separate from any individual messages I may have with the sender. Also any responses to the group message show up in the original thread. I think many people don't get how it works and respond individually instead of to the group. I think a lot of it has to do with how the original sender sets it up...but anyone who makes it work must be lying...
    07-13-14 08:59 PM
    Group texting-img_20140713_232452.png

You should get this confirmation when you send a group message

Posted via CB10
    Genghis2k3 and bbdodgersdude like this.
    07-13-14 10:26 PM
    Yes, it is a BB10 problem. Texting on BB10 is poorly implemented. Don't listen to anyone who on here who says it's your carrier or your settings. It is a problem that needs to be addressed by BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully it gets fix soon!

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 12:31 AM
    Go to hub hit more, then settings, text messages, advanced, send text - only messages change it to automatic. See if that helps.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140713_043859.png 
Views:	1098 
Size:	51.0 KB 
ID:	284701

Posted via CB10
    Thanks. Mine was set to sms. Switching to auto now.

Also I hate how poorly the BlackBerry handles group sms. Mostly I blame iOS but still..

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    07-14-14 12:52 AM

Posted via CB10
    Not sure how accurate that is cause there is tons of thread of android users not being able to group message with iPhone users. Haven't had the chance to read them but i'm willing to bet the issue lies in the settings of the iPhone

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 04:29 PM
68 123