Hi everyone, so this issue has been bugging me for a year now and I really hope anyone that saw this post can inform BlackBerry about it.

I don't have a SD card on my Z10 so whenever I received files from my friend's android phone via bluetooth .....the files is nowhere to be found on the phone , but u can open it when successfully received the file at that particular time only.

There is a solution to this problem which is go to BBW to download 'ghost commander ' and use the app to move all the files received via bluetooth back to the phone default apps like 'music, pictures and videos '

So it's clear that this bluetooth files issue only happen to any users that doesn't have a SD card on their device.

This issue is quite serious and BlackBerry really need to fix it......Thank you

Posted via my awesome communication device BlackBerry Z10
    07-12-14 03:05 AM
    SD cards are cheap, and portable... what's the reason you don't have one?
    07-12-14 04:54 AM
    In all my years here, this is the first I've heard of this, which leads me to believe that you seem to be the only person with this issue.
    Why are you making this out to be such a problem?
    Get yourself an SD card. They only cost $12- $20.00
    and consider the problem fixed!
    07-12-14 05:02 AM
    I understand your frustration. Though that's one of the greatest reasons to get a BlackBerry is expandable storage. I think it would be a good time to get yourself one perhaps?

Sent from the Pad using Tapatalk.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    07-12-14 05:33 AM
    Hi everyone, so this issue has been bugging me for a year now and I really hope anyone that saw this post can inform BlackBerry about it.

I don't have a SD card on my Z10 so whenever I received files from my friend's android phone via bluetooth .....the files is nowhere to be found on the phone , but u can open it when successfully received the file at that particular time only.

There is a solution to this problem which is go to BBW to download 'ghost commander ' and use the app to move all the files received via bluetooth back to the phone default apps like 'music, pictures and videos '

So it's clear that this bluetooth files issue only happen to any users that doesn't have a SD card on their device.

This issue is quite serious and BlackBerry really need to fix it......Thank you

The issue has nothing to do with an SD card. My understanding is that files received via Bluetooth are in the downloads folder by default. Use File Manager to access and move these files to the preferred destination. Since any file type (including documents) can be transferred via Bluetooth, its up to the end user to sort them.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    07-12-14 05:52 AM
    File Manager

Of course.... File Manager!!! (don't know how I missed that!!)

macwild likes this.
    07-12-14 06:24 AM
    The issue has nothing to do with an SD card. My understanding is that files received via Bluetooth are in the downloads folder by default. Use File Manager to access and move these files to the preferred destination. Since any file type (including documents) can be transferred via Bluetooth, its up to the end user to sort them.

Wow u guys are fast with reply....yes I can afford a SD card if I want, but BlackBerry need to know this issue so that they can fix it

And I went to file manager the files are not located in downloaded folder but instead they are all in Misc/android folder so is this normal?
    Thank you ~

07-12-14 08:46 AM
    Wow u guys are fast with reply....yes I can afford a SD card if I want, but BlackBerry need to know this issue so that they can fix it

And I went to file manager the files are not located in downloaded folder but instead they are all in Misc/android folder so is this normal?
    Thank you ~

Well, I just tested quickly. I initiated a BT transfer from my desktop to my z10. It worked but the file wound up in the SD-card's download folder. I don't know where it would wind up if I did not have an sd-card.

But if you know the name of the file, you should be able to use Search to find/open it. Unfortunately, I was trying to find its Properties which in some cases shows the Folder a file is located in. But since it was an excel sheet, it offered to open it. So I did have to look around to find it. Not sure why yours wound up in the Misc/android folder but maybe the fact that it was sent from an Adroid device accounts for that????
    07-12-14 10:35 AM

Thank you ~

Totally agree with you that BlackBerry should look up into this issue. I don't understand why people aren't comfortable in accepting the flaws of the bb10 OS. All these people who are telling you to buy a sd card belong to the class of people who cannot hear anything wrong about the bb10 OS. I am also a die hard BlackBerry fan and have been using BlackBerry since 2009. But a flaw is a flaw and one should not ignore it and manipulate it to their comfort. No offence to anyone.

Posted via CB10
    Y. Z. likes this.
    07-12-14 10:45 AM
    Why such simple operation you guys/gals make it so complicated. If I send any files using Nokia 808 to my Z10, all those files just end in "download" folder. I didn't use Sd card. What is happening actually?.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    07-12-14 10:52 AM
    Why such simple operation you guys/gals make it so complicated. If I send any files using Nokia 808 to my Z10, all those files just end in "download" folder. I didn't use Sd card. What is happening actually?.

Symbian is still and always my favourite Os. Nokia 808. FilePLAY Music Player
    The problem is that the users that encounter this issue can't find their files in the 'download ' file manager section without a SD card.....so this issue does exist.

07-12-14 11:22 AM
    Totally agree with you that BlackBerry should look up into this issue. I don't understand why people aren't comfortable in accepting the flaws of the bb10 OS. All these people who are telling you to buy a sd card belong to the class of people who cannot hear anything wrong about the bb10 OS. I am also a die hard BlackBerry fan and have been using BlackBerry since 2009. But a flaw is a flaw and one should not ignore it and manipulate it to their comfort. No offence to anyone.

Posted via CB10
    Same here buddy... we want a stable and reliable os for everyone, so we need to solve issue together !!!
    Just hope anybody here can write a editorial in the crackberry homepage

Y. Z. likes this.
    07-12-14 11:24 AM

Posted via CB10
    What if it's not a flaw and BB10 accepts files coming from an Android device in the manner explained by the OP? In this case, it would be by design and just not a preference of the end user.

OP isn't indicating he's not receiving the files, they're just ending up in an Android designated folder and are hard to find. Although that might be annoying, it's hardly something that needs fixing or might not even be a BlackBerry issue to be rectified. I don't agree with people just telling the OP to get an SD card but it might just be one of those irritations about a phone or OS that won't change because it's not what I like to call a "mission critical" defect for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Y. Z. likes this.
    07-12-14 11:40 AM
    Well, I just tested quickly. I initiated a BT transfer from my desktop to my z10. It worked but the file wound up in the SD-card's download folder. I don't know where it would wind up if I did not have an sd-card.

But if you know the name of the file, you should be able to use Search to find/open it. Unfortunately, I was trying to find its Properties which in some cases shows the Folder a file is located in. But since it was an excel sheet, it offered to open it. So I did have to look around to find it. Not sure why yours wound up in the Misc/android folder but maybe the fact that it was sent from an Adroid device accounts for that????
    I have been unable to reproduce OP's issue. With my SD card in, Bluetooth received files end up in my downloads folder on the SD card. With the SD card removed, Bluetooth received files end up in my downloads folder on my phone memory.

Edit: and I'm sending from my Nexus 7 with Android 4.4.4 to my BB Z10.

FF22 likes this.
    07-12-14 11:45 AM
    I have been unable to reproduce OP's issue. With my SD card in, Bluetooth received files end up in my downloads folder on the SD card. With the SD card removed, Bluetooth received files end up in my downloads folder on my phone memory.

Edit: and I'm sending from my Nexus 7 with Android 4.4.4 to my BB Z10.

Hmmm, I wonder if this is similar to even my Windows computer. When I download something from the web, my files generally wind up in what I've designated as c:\test. But occasionally, that gets switched to something like c:\users\owner/documents. So then subsequent downloads follow suit and wind up there until I change it back to my Test folder. So, quite possibly, something changed his default "receive" folder to that misc/android location.
    07-12-14 12:48 PM
    Hmmm, I wonder if this is similar to even my Windows computer. When I download something from the web, my files generally wind up in what I've designated as c:\test. But occasionally, that gets switched to something like c:\users\owner/documents. So then subsequent downloads follow suit and wind up there until I change it back to my Test folder. So, quite possibly, something changed his default "receive" folder to that misc/android location.
    Exactly my point... .i think BlackBerry should let us choose our location to save the files before receiving it.
    Not just store the files without the users knowing where are they

07-12-14 08:19 PM
    If Ghost Commander is able to find the file, wouldn't File Manager be able to do so?
    07-12-14 08:40 PM
    If Ghost Commander is able to find the file, wouldn't File Manager be able to do so?
    Nope....for some reason file manager can't seem to find the files

07-12-14 11:19 PM
    Setting�Download�Internal/Internal or External Storage�Folder

download setup like listed above should be added to "Settings "

OS 10.2.1.3175 - White Z10 on Bell - My FIRST full touch screen phone.
    07-13-14 07:48 AM
    strange but how did I get CB logo beside my screen name and why do html tags appear on my posts...is this an issue with you guys?

07-13-14 07:51 AM
    hmmm..now it looks OK "creepy"....lol

07-13-14 07:52 AM
    Nope....for some reason file manager can't seem to find the files

Weird. What does Ghost Commander specifically do that the File Manager doesn't?
    07-13-14 10:39 AM
    I have the same problem on my BlackBerry z30 running on os 10.3.2..i was previously using the blackberry z10 and I didn't encounter anything like this, so i was really surprised to say the least. I am a lover of blackberry so I'm a little disappointed, like what could possibly be the reason?? Anyway thanks to this forum, I downloaded ghost commander and moved the files. Blackberry should kindly look into this, I don't have an SD card and i don't want one.
    01-01-16 10:50 AM
    I think you need to open the received file and tap "Save as" for it to be saved in a user-readable location.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 11:32 AM