Hi all,
    How do I prevent the PB from automatically adding albums to a Playlist?
    I copied an Album to my Music folder & when I opened Music App it was in my playlist, when I looked in my Albums it's not there, how do I stop this or am I better downloading another music App?

Cheers
    Col
    07-11-14 06:36 PM
    Hi all,
    How do I prevent the PB from automatically adding albums to a Playlist?
    I copied an Album to my Music folder & when I opened Music App it was in my playlist, when I looked in my Albums it's not there, how do I stop this or am I better downloading another music App?

Cheers
    Col

Hi!

What method are you using to put the Music on your PlayBook?

Also, are you using the stock Music application?
    07-12-14 09:26 AM
    Hi,
    Either drag n drop or copy n paste, yes, stock app.

Thanks
    Col
    07-12-14 09:31 AM
    ES File Explorer (sideloaded) has its own internal music player that can be used to create multiple playlists. Further, the songs on these playlists created do not have to be locally stored- they can be stored on your local network, in the cloud, locally, or a combination thereof, and ES will play them. Further, if you copy the playlist files that you created into your music folder, the stock Music app will recognize these playlists and play them (for local content only). I created these playlists using ES.

How to prevent PlayBook from automatically adding albums to a Playlist?-img_20140153.png
    07-12-14 03:35 PM
    Hi,
    The problem is I don't want a playlist, the issue I have is when I copy Albums to my music folder it automatically creates a playlist.
    07-13-14 10:37 AM
    I doubt that your PlayBook is automatically creating a playlist. Search your PlayBook for any files with an .m3u extension. If you find any, delete them and your playlist should go away.
    07-13-14 12:06 PM
    Hi,
    All I do is copy music folder from source then paste it in my music folder on PB, out of 66No Albums it has put 2No as playlist, when I go into Albums one of them is there but the other is only visible as a Playlist
    07-14-14 04:26 AM
    If two albums show as playlists, then when you copied them over you also likely copied two playlist (.m3u) files over along with the albums. If one of the albums doesn't show as an album, it's likely because the tags associated with the songs on the album are either wrong or missing. You'll need to fix the tags.
    meikle and Heinz Katchup like this.
    07-14-14 08:31 AM
    Thanks Pacoman you were correct it was down to (.3mu) files, the only issue I have now is some albums just don't apear in the stock music app but can be seen in other file apps, any suggestions?

Thanks again
    Col
    07-17-14 03:08 AM
    Having this same problem on my Z10. Deleting the .m3u files seems to have done the trick as suggested above. Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    meikle likes this.
    07-17-14 03:25 AM
    You'll need to check the tags for the songs on the album that doesn't show. Connect you Playbook to your PC, and then navigate to one of the songs on the non-showing album using Windows Explorer. Right click on the song and choose "Properties", then click on the details tab. There will be various entries here for the song, including album name. If the album name is wrong or there is no entry here, correct or enter the correct info. Repeat this process for the other songs. Your Playbook's music app should then display the missing album.
    07-17-14 03:38 AM