Afternoon -

I guess I am still in love with my Playbook that I am still trying to get the most out of this great device - maybe I just can not come to term with purchasing another device with a different OS system, but I still wish to use the Blackberry Playbook.

Sorry for the rant...

I loaded Snap to my computer using Google Chrome (following the instruction found in CrackBerry: How to use Snap on Blackberry 10.2 to Install Android APK files). I am able to load but I receive the following error message "Install Snap-2_0_0_2.bar: failure 821 Application-Requires-System: unrecognized system name " when I click on the "Install Apps".
    When I get to the following step, I get the above error message: "From there, you can go to the top right hand corner where it says 'Install Apps' and click on that. That will open a file explorer window for your computer, in which case you want to browse to wherever it is that you downloaded the Snap BAR file and select it."

I have taken the following Steps:

* I have placed the playbook in "Development Mode"
    * There is a password in place in the playbook
    * The Blackberry App Manager is loaded correctly into my computer (Dell Inspiron Windows 8.1)
    * The I.P Address is correct in in the Blackberry App Manager
    * I have placed the playbook in development mode with a password.

Thank -you all for your help!!
    07-11-14 02:09 PM
    Snap is built for BB10 OS no PBOS

Posted via the White Knight (aka Q10SQN100-1/10.3.0.700)
    ronfc likes this.
    07-11-14 02:10 PM
    thank-you.. so how do I install andriod apps to the playbook?
    07-11-14 02:19 PM
    Considering the playbook only has Android 2.3 it really isn't worth it

07-11-14 02:21 PM
    Considering the playbook only has Android 2.3 it really isn't worth it

What are you basing this response on? Sure, it's hit or miss with the outdated runtime, but some apps will still work. It's worth it to the OP and others (myself included).

To OP, a few ways to sideload, but I'd recommend that you use the Chrome extension BB10/Playbook App Manager. The best selection of apps is at Goodereader. (Also, search through the PB App and Sideloading subforums for app recommendations.) Good luck!
    07-11-14 02:46 PM
    Android apps need to be repackaged for the PlayBook. For the average end user, the easiest way to get then is through places like goodereader or apk2bar.

Keep in mind the PlayBook runtime is limited in ways BB10 is not. Nothing over 2.3, no native code either. Expect many apps to fail.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 10:13 PM
    Go to goodereader.com, search in the playbook apps, download bar file of the app u need, and then sideload the bar file..

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 10:37 PM
    good info,Nothing over 2.3, no native code either. Expect many apps to fail.thank you
    07-13-14 07:28 AM