My respect for Rogers continues to dwindle. Running a medium size company with 43 employees keeps me busy 24/7. It is in our interest to stay informed, up to date, and provide valuable services to our clients. However, I feel Rogers is lacking in this area. Why are we with Rogers, because they have the only service tower in our area. Bell does not work in our shop. So basically we are duped.

Where is Part 1 going? Well originally for business, Rogers promoted BlackBerry. However, when BB10 was slated to arrive, they tried to convince me that BlackBerry is dead and to go with Windows.....well I cringe Windows at work, so I stopped him there. Later I found out that MS was providing a financial incentive to the Rogers and Rogers "guided their sales force " to promote the devices. Well thank fully I went against their advice because now their push is Samsung.

How do I know? Because our Rogers company account manager told me what had happened and why when they knew I was pissed so to speak, at them. You don't **** around with my corporate account and dollars with the flavor of the day! Anyhow, as of now we are mostly all BB10 except for a few legacy devices to go. Our preference is the z30 hands down. Our Rogers rep, who is second in command at the branch, now asks me questions about BB10, the z30's, and how/why we like them so much. So it appears he is opening up to BB10, but Rogers definitely is not and in Part 2 I will discuss the branch manager.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by BergerKing; 07-11-14 at 09:09 AM. Reason: Readability edit.
    johnm137 and fwayne like this.
    07-11-14 08:43 AM
    How about this be made one thread, as to make it a linear process?
    07-11-14 09:06 AM
    i'm done with rogers soon as my term is up in feb, been with them 10 years and no respect. I am having a signal issue due to a coverage hole on their part and they told me to pay my cancel fee of 250 upgrade to a new device for 100-200 and sign a 2 yr renewal to make my signal work again. It baffles my mind that that is your conclusion after saying its your fault and you don't have coverage in my new home.
    07-11-14 09:15 AM
    Sorry but I think you don't understand... maybe as a corporation Rogers is training their staff to steer customers away from a line that is not profitable for them to carry? Or maybe it has been the responsibility of the manufacture representatives in the past to go around and visit the corporate stores to check and see if sales representative are knowledgeable about devices. Think the "incentive", paying for displays, co-opting of advertising... that has always been how the games has been played.

Wasn't it Rogers that didn't even want to carry the Z30, they were socially bullied into doing it....

For me here in the US, Verizon is THE carrier in my area if you want good coverage. Out of six stores in town that appear to be Verizon Stores, only one is a corporate store, and it is the ONLY one to carry any BlackBerry Displays. But even it does not stock BlackBerry devices, they send them next day deliver. And they will question you about your chose to make sure you understand the limitations of BlackBerry so that they don't have to deal with returns.... think the "LAUNCH" burned a lot of people.

Rogers is a business - if one device move 100 units in a week and another doesn't move but 10 in a month. The company's focus is going to be on the product that moves 100 units a week. Just be glad you can buy your Z30 from your Carrier for now! With BlackBerry's sales figures, it those few customers cause more problems than the company deems it worth supporting them.... you may find yourself having to buy all your devices directly from BlackBerry.
    07-11-14 09:20 AM
    Sorry but I think you don't understand... maybe as a corporation Rogers is training their staff to steer customers away from a line that is not profitable for them to carry? Or maybe it has been the responsibility of the manufacture representatives in the past to go around and visit the corporate stores to check and see if sales representative are knowledgeable about devices. Think the "incentive", paying for displays, co-opting of advertising... that has always been how the games has been played.

Wasn't it Rogers that didn't even want to carry the Z30, they were socially bullied into doing it....

For me here in the US, Verizon is THE carrier in my area if you want good coverage. Out of six stores in town that appear to be Verizon Stores, only one is a corporate store, and it is the ONLY one to carry any BlackBerry Displays. But even it does not stock BlackBerry devices, they send them next day deliver. And they will question you about your chose to make sure you understand the limitations of BlackBerry so that they don't have to deal with returns.... think the "LAUNCH" burned a lot of people.

Rogers is a business - if one device move 100 units in a week and another doesn't move but 10 in a month. The company's focus is going to be on the product that moves 100 units a week. Just be glad you can buy your Z30 from your Carrier for now! With BlackBerry's sales figures, it those few customers cause more problems than the company deems it worth supporting them.... you may find yourself having to buy all your devices directly from BlackBerry.
    Oh I understand more than you think. If BlackBerry offers direct sales, well our company will do just fine with that. We have to order them through Rogers instead. Rather order direct. You forget that we are a company, and we want corporate compatible devices. Not consumer devices shoved into a corporate setting. We have already proven internally that the z30 is hands down a corporate device over the Samsung and iphone. Those users, as much as they had to swallow their pride, chose the z30 over their "beloved android and iPhone devices". I don't care what anyone here says otherwise. We had hands on, head to head competition for a year . We experienced the z10 at launch with BB10's growing pains first hand through to BB10 today and the z30. We are here now today and the new Samsung and iphone will not address their corporate shortcomings in their next releases. We see BlackBerry as a viable future, and they fit our needs the best.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan, wilber1 and Dave Bourque like this.
    07-11-14 09:33 AM
    Oh I understand more than you think. If BlackBerry offers direct sales, well our company will do just fine with that. We have to order them through Rogers instead. Rather order direct. You forget that we are a company, and we want corporate compatible devices. Not consumer devices shoved into a corporate setting. We have already proven internally that the z30 is hands down a corporate device over the Samsung and iphone. Those users, as much as they had to swallow their pride, chose the z30 over their "beloved android and iPhone devices". I don't care what anyone here says otherwise. We had hands on, head to head competition for a year . We experienced the z10 at launch with BB10's growing pains first hand through to BB10 today and the z30. We are here now today and the new Samsung and iphone will not address their corporate shortcomings in their next releases. We see BlackBerry as a viable future, and they fit our needs the best.

Posted via CB10
    What your company has tested, likes and sees as the best for it's needs.... doesn't overshadows the NUMBERS. If you really believe it when a company says that every customer is important, you are kidding yourself. It's every customers that falls within the majority that is important.

All I really meant to say is "don't rock the boat". Right now BlackBerry is losing carrier support, because they aren't selling enough devices to pay for supporting those devices - much less being able to use those devices to GROW their subscriber base. Let you carrier know you want BlackBerry devices! But don't become a support issue that just adds more fuel to the "we should stop carrying BlackBerry devices argument"..
    07-16-14 09:14 AM
    I might have missed something, but the op stated low to no signal in a new house. I presume they just moved recently and now are experiencing coverage issues. That being said the agent did the right thing. It is not rogers issue or concern that you moved to a low coverage area.
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-16-14 11:03 AM
    I might have missed something, but the op stated low to no signal in a new house. I presume they just moved recently and now are experiencing coverage issues. That being said the agent did the right thing. It is not rogers issue or concern that you moved to a low coverage area.
    ?

What I got is he HAS to use Rogers due to it's the only carrier that works at his business location - so he can't change carriers. He is upset because Microsoft was providing incentives for Windows Phones and the sales reps were pushing him towards them and not the BlackBerry he wanted.
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-16-14 02:12 PM
    i'm done with rogers soon as my term is up in feb, been with them 10 years and no respect. I am having a signal issue due to a coverage hole on their part and they told me to pay my cancel fee of 250 upgrade to a new device for 100-200 and sign a 2 yr renewal to make my signal work again. It baffles my mind that that is your conclusion after saying its your fault and you don't have coverage in my new home.
    According to the CRTC, IF YOU ARE not provided service under the Rogers service contract you can request to cancel penalty free! Rogers does not like it when you do this but I use to work for Rogers and if you are not getting service you may proceed. You are alsobprotected by the crtc and YOU do not have to pay your cancellation fees.

Tech support creates a case then retentions does your cancellation. Tech support basically need to verify that you have no service and only then can you proceed with the cancellation penalty free.

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.908/Rogers Wireless
    10-11-14 04:29 AM