Good day folks

Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3247

I have an Epson Workforce wireless printer on my home network.

Is it possible using my Z30 to send stuff to the printer to print off?

I've tried wifi direct but it won't pick up the printer.

I do know that all my home computers required drivers to enable wireless printing but I was curious if the Z30 had the capability to communicate with the printer via some settings tweaks .

Thanks in advance to all that take the time to reply.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    07-10-14 01:46 PM
    The only way that I have found to be successful, is to use an eprint enabled printer then email you docs or pics to the printer.

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    drfever likes this.
    07-10-14 01:56 PM
    As far as I know, not natively. However there are several apps to do this. I personally use PrintHand Mobile and it can be found in BlackBerry World. Although $$$ it is the best app in my opinion. The free version allows you to test the app to ensure it works for you. (You can print a test page.) The paid version gives you full functionality. If you search around the CB forums a bit I think you'll find the other app options.

Via my simply amazing ? Q10 10.2.1.3247
    drfever likes this.
    07-10-14 01:56 PM
    As far as I know, not natively. However there are several apps to do this. I personally use PrintHand Mobile and it can be found in BlackBerry World. Although $$$ it is the best app in my opinion. The free version allows you to test the app to ensure it works for you. (You can print a test page.) The paid version gives you full functionality. If you search around the CB forums a bit I think you'll find the other app options.

+1
    drfever likes this.
    07-10-14 01:58 PM
    There are a couple of possible options:

1. You can try to install the Android version of Epson's mobile printing app using Snap, if it supports your model.
    2. You can purchase PrintHand through BlackBerry World, which is a little expensive but it works with a wide range of devices.

There are also solutions which involve installing a relay programme on your computer to route jobs to the printer, or cloud printing services (I wouldn't want my print jobs routing out of my network just to come back in though), and contrary to popular belief: the printer doesn't need to be connected via wifi to work with most of these applications. As long as it gets an IP it should work with most of them.
    drfever likes this.
    07-10-14 02:00 PM
    You would expect that a "prosumer" type device would have printing baked in.

I didn't have any success with my HP printer and the Android App.. but the eprint does work fine. I just select SHARE and then email..
    drfever likes this.
    07-10-14 02:06 PM
    Thank you for all the replies. You have all given me great suggestions and starting points. I shall now make the time to start testing the ideas provided to me.

Cheers everyone

07-10-14 02:08 PM
    You would expect that a "prosumer" type device would have printing baked in.

I didn't have any success with my HP printer and the Android App.. but the eprint does work fine. I just select SHARE and then email..
    HP has a tendency to make a lot of 'host-based' printers, which leave all of the job formatting and command functions to the computer as opposed to letting the driver send the data, and have an onboard controller do all of the higher functions. maybe you have one of those, since they rarely work with anything outside of a standard PC.
    07-10-14 02:09 PM
    Hp Android app worked for me....

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 02:10 PM
    There are also solutions which involve installing a relay programme on your computer to route jobs to the printer, or cloud printing services (I wouldn't want my print jobs routing out of my network just to come back in though), and contrary to popular belief: the printer doesn't need to be connected via wifi to work with most of these applications. As long as it gets an IP it should work with most of them.
    I agree. I'll clarify my setup as an FYI. I've two HP printers one wifi and one non-wifi with a direct connection to one of my computers. With PrintHand I can print directly to either over my wifi network. If you go to PrintHand's website there is a small print client you can install on your computer to be able to print to direct connection printers. So as long as that computer is up and running and connected to the wifi network, I can print to that one as well. In addition to my wifi printer. Hope this helps.

07-10-14 02:12 PM
    Not sure about Epson printers but I have a Brother all in one and the android app Brother iPrint&Scan works great from my z10 and Playbook. I would check out the Epson App for sure.
    07-10-14 02:13 PM
    All day everyday, I print to a wireless HP, via HP's built in method. Printer has its own email address, al I do is send the document as an attachment and voila - there it is.

Posted via CB10, now from a Z30
    LuisCast and TX Jedi like this.
    07-10-14 02:35 PM
    Awesome!!!!!

Downloaded the Android Epson iPrint app using Snap and it immediately recognized my Epson printer and it works.

From documents, pictures etc. I can now press share and Epson iPrint appears, I click it and voila!!

I can even scan to my device!

It even recognizes my toner levels and allows me to do head cleaning and nozzle checks from the app.

Beautiful. Just what I needed. I feel like a kid with a new toy lol.

Thank you everyone for your help.

Wireless Printing: Is it possible?-img_20140710_161052.png
    Wireless Printing: Is it possible?-img_20140710_160448.png

byrdbrained and Bla1ze like this.
    07-10-14 03:12 PM
    Nice! Glad you found a solution. Kudos to all those who helped.
    drfever likes this.
    07-10-14 03:32 PM
    YES

Thank you to all!!! Very much appreciated

07-10-14 04:05 PM
    Happy you found the app that works!!
    drfever likes this.
    07-10-14 04:57 PM
    YES

Thank you to all!!! Very much appreciated

Fantastic. I'll have to remember the Epson app works should I ever get one or someone asks a similar question again.

07-10-14 06:27 PM
    I agree. I'll clarify my setup as an FYI. I've two HP printers one wifi and one non-wifi with a direct connection to one of my computers. With PrintHand I can print directly to either over my wifi network. If you go to PrintHand's website there is a small print client you can install on your computer to be able to print to direct connection printers. So as long as that computer is up and running and connected to the wifi network, I can print to that one as well. In addition to my wifi printer. Hope this helps.

After installing PrintHand, I am able to see and print to any number of wi-fi printers. It is pretty straight forward. You just select the printer from the list and print.
    07-11-14 02:03 AM
    I love this.

I was able to print a couple photos from my device for my parents today in seconds.

Eliminates so many steps.

Still going gaga over finding a way to do it and want to express my thanks to the community for making it possible through their help.

07-12-14 03:11 PM
    I bought an hp all in one few weeks back and installed on my z30 their own eprint app (android) then the wireless printer found my phone, linked it up and then I went outside, sat down found a photo sent it via eprint to my printer, went indoors and voila, photo all printed out. Magic

Posted via CB10
    drfever likes this.
    07-12-14 03:16 PM
    I use "Print" by Daniel Bigham. Download very small program to computer and phone...

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    07-12-14 11:04 PM
    I'm trying to use an Epson WF-100 mobile printer to print out in the field. All of these WiFi solutions don't work unless you connect the printer to a hotspot or something. I want to be able to print directly from my BlackBerry phone or Android tablet to the printer. I liked how Bluetooth printers used to work, but now WiFi Direct is the latest and greatest I guess.

When I try and connect my BlackBerry Z30 or Passport (running 10.3.2.2339), it won't reliably connect to the printer.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab does connect via WiFi Direct and prints using the Epson iPrint app.

The app seems to work on my BlackBerry, but it's the WiFi Direct connection that won't.
    08-27-15 01:36 PM
    My ipad can print directly to my hp printer without an app..... any option such as that on my bb?

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 02:35 PM
    My ipad can print directly to my hp printer without an app..... any option such as that on my bb?

Posted via CB10
    Not native... i'm sure there's a android app.

In Squircle I Trust
    08-27-15 03:05 PM
    Print hand works very good, it's worth the price. I believe you need WiFi for it to work so I'm not sure if it will be a fit for you. It's a Droid port available in BlackBerry World

Posted via CB10
    08-27-15 06:33 PM
31 12