Hi people,

I have recently purchased a Blackberry Z10 from Thailand. I set it up with a Thai SIM card and everything worked fine.

However I live in Laos and when I came back (and switched to a Lao SIM card) I noticed Blackberry World is not working.
    From what I read this is a common error (There was a connection problem. Blackberry World must close.)

I read that if I set up my android phone with openvpn and then use it as a wifi hotspot, I can use Blackberry World?

But is it also an option to just set up my phone all over again, but this time with a Lao SIM card? (Knowing that Laos is probably an unsupported country). Or will the setup fail?
    07-10-14 12:12 AM
    You'd have to use a VPN, I think.
    07-10-14 12:17 AM
    Suggest to you options -
    1. Connect device to BlackBerry Link
    2. Device connect to hot spots /wifi.
    3. No worthy buy vnp for connect BlackBerry World.
    4. android app and BlackBerry World are enable load by hot spot /wifi or laptop. Good luck to you!

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 05:59 AM
    Do not see Laos on the BB World List...

BlackBerry - Thank You Gift
    07-10-14 09:04 AM
    Thank you all.

I tried in several ways to connect to Blackberry World, none successful so far. Wifi or hotspot didn't work. VPN I tried (Via OPENVPN) but I couldn't connect to my android phone's hotspot once that was setup with a VPN.

My only hopes are a Thai SIM card (enabled for roaming) and working VPN I guess. I do have Black Berry link installed but I don't see how that's going to work?
    07-10-14 06:09 PM
    Thank you all.

I tried in several ways to connect to Blackberry World, none successful so far. Wifi or hotspot didn't work. VPN I tried (Via OPENVPN) but I couldn't connect to my android phone's hotspot once that was setup with a VPN.

My only hopes are a Thai SIM card (enabled for roaming) and working VPN I guess. I do have Black Berry link installed but I don't see how that's going to work?
    If you are enable connect BlackBerry Link by laptop and visit Google search hitting BlackBerry World. BlackBerry Link is for OS update ,media, files back up and restore .if Lao is not ban Google/baidu.com and should no problem load BlackBerry World. If you need android app visit 1mobile market / Google play by laptop.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 08:13 PM
    So... you saw my link, right?
    07-10-14 10:47 PM
    Yes I saw your link, thanks! I see Laos is not listed there, what confirmed my suspicion.
    Right there with North Korea and Myanmar I suppose.
    North Korea I can understand, Myanmar just opened up but why block access to BB World in Laos?

Still trying to access it...so far any attempt has failed. The last attempt will be updating my router with newer tomato firmware so to support OpenVPN and make that into a VPN hotspot.
    07-13-14 09:14 PM
    I managed to access BlackBerry World on my Z10 through a shared hotspot.

What I did:

I have an old laptop...installed Windows 7 on it.
    Then plugged in a USB 3G modem to make connection to internet
    Connected an TP-LINK wifi accespoint/router to the LAN connection of the laptop.
    Created a free PPTP VPN connection with vpnbook (details how to do so on their website)
    Shared this VPN connection with the LAN connection of the laptop.
    Connected 3G, then connected VPN, then put my Z10 in flight mode and then enabled wifi and connected to the accesspoint.

Working like a dream and luckily I had all the tools already here.
    07-16-14 05:31 AM
    Thanks for the tip, breaky! Great thinking.
    07-16-14 07:54 AM

What I did:

Connected an TP-LINK wifi accespoint/router to the LAN connection of the laptop.
    Created a free PPTP VPN connection with vpnbook (details how to do so on their website)
    Connected 3G, then connected VPN, then put my Z10 in flight mode and then enabled wifi and connected to the accesspoint.

There is always a risk in using a free VPN service, considering the fact that your BlackBerry World traffic goes through it, and so does your accounts credentials.

I'd recommend you get a paid VPN service such as Purevpn or Witopia.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    07-16-14 08:33 AM
    Thanks for your concern...

VPNbook seems pretty reputable, for being a free service. On their website they say they only collect ip addresses and keep connection logs (which are deleted after one week).

Also I will connect to BlackBerry World maybe like once a week, not more than that.

I might switch to a paid VPN service, If I want to pay for apps.
    07-16-14 07:38 PM

What I did:

i'm in Laos too,my passport can't link to blackberry world too,could you help me ,tank you so much!
    11-16-14 04:52 AM