I was told to post this here so here goes

I'm having problems with my Z10, lately whatsapp and BBM have been resetting themselves for no reason whatsoever, booting sticks on 100% for like 5 minutes, music app fails to read SD card (apps works fine, I close and reopen and I have no music), contacts app been acting crazy and the list goes on.

Before I give up on BB10 I wanted to give 10.3 a chance, so which 10.3 so far is the most stable and what cons/pros do they have?

Any help would be appreciated

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 11:26 PM
    Sounds weird...
    Have you upgraded recently? If so, did you restore from a backup?
    It sounds like: (i) you may have restored from a backup file that was either corrupted or had an issue (and hence moved it over to your new install); (ii) your sd card has corrupted meta data on it (the files which your phone / computer create to cache list and picture data); (iii) an install of an upgrade went poorly.
    You could try 10.3... the SDK is available from BlackBerry (actually, there are two: 10.3.0.442 and 10.3.0.700), but it's incomplete and requires additional .bar files to function fully (it was designed to serve as a bare bones simulator for developers) and still has some issues, and there's also a leaked version of the OS or two (10.3.0.140 and 10.3.0.296). There are several threads on each of these OS's within the forums here, detailing bugs, workarounds, install methods, etc.

BUT:
    Before you try a 10.3 build-- as all are early releases, lack some core functionality, and aren't as stable as the official 10.2.1.xxxx builds-- you may want to try doing a clean/fresh install of 10.2.1, without restoring from a backup (as a backup of a corrupt install would restore any previous issues)...
    AND / OR:
    Clean up your SD card, reformat, and repopulate it, etc. (as doing so will remove any corrupt or problematic meta data).

I've had issues with SD card scanning before, and reformating and repopulating it solved my problems.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by ceckland; 07-10-14 at 11:09 AM.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    07-10-14 12:20 AM
    I concur with the above. 10.3 is not the way to go yet. Try one of the 10.2.1.3xxx OS, using an autoloader. No restore, at least at first. An older restore prior to the issues maybe once you're confident it's running well. If there's critical data you need to retain from the current OS, let us know what it is, so we can make suggestions how before you lose it.
    Uzi likes this.
    07-10-14 12:47 AM
    I don't really know what went wrong, the last time I did an OS update was when 10.2.1.2228 became official for T-Mobile and haven't put anything on my SD card recently, and since I'm planning on doing a fresh start, I thought to give 10.3 a chance and if I didn't like I would go back to 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 07:52 AM
    If you r anyway gonna reinstall the software, try backing up ur device and re installing the Official 10.2.xxx , I mean, the same version u have again, it will most probably fix whatever went wrong in the 1st place, or if u started with these issues recently, give ur phone a day to settle itself, maybe it is just having an internal glitch, which will go away if u give it time, I will say do not try leaks, as they r not built for daily use, it's only for your secondary devices which are not for making calls and relies on

Aftab
    07-10-14 07:57 AM