I've been a happy Blackberry Bold 9900 for ages now, specifically because it's been so reliable, has a long battery life, and I love the keyboard, but I face a new issue that might be easy to resolve.

For years I've been using Google's Calendar Sync application to sync my non-Exchange Outlook with my Bold 9900. Google said they'd discontinue the PC application years ago but it still worked great... until August 1st, next month. They sent out an email stating it would no longer function and that people utilizing it would need to find a new means of synchronizing their Outlook's with Google Calendar. Oh no!

So while I can find alternative means of synchronizing my various tablets with my Outlook, perhaps switching away from Google, I'm not so sure what I can do about my Blackberry Bold 9900 since the Google Calendar sync'd so well!

Does anyone have any advice on wirelessly synchronizing a non-Exchange Outlook with a Blackberry Bold 9900 as well as I was wirelessly syncing it in the past?
    07-09-14 06:45 PM
    I try to avoid using google services as much as possible with this kind of stuff, but ....
    I would think the simplest and easiest option would be to create an outlook.com account and sync that to Outlook and your BB and whatever else you are using.

To set it up on Outlook 2010

1. Install the Outlook Hotmail Connector, (if you have not already installed it), you can install it from the following Microsoft website:Outlook Hotmail Connector
    2. Manually configure your @outlook.com account by following these steps:
      • In Outlook, click Info on the File menu, and then click Add Account.
      • Click Manually configure server settings or additional server types, and then click Next.
      • Click Other, click Microsoft Outlook Hotmail Connector, and then click Next.
      • Enter your name, email address, and password, and then click OK.
      • When the confirmation dialog appears, click Finish.

Note: @hotmail.com and @live.com are automatically configured when you use the Outlook Hotmail Connector

To set it up on your BB
    1. Create a new Active Sync Account
    2. Use the outlook.com email address and password
    3. It should create the account and you choose what to sync

Otherwise, if you change your mail program to something like Mozilla Thunderbird, you will be able to add your google calendar manually since with the Lightning Addon you can add a caldav calendar.
    Hope this helps
    Alvin Loh likes this.
    07-09-14 07:10 PM
    For some reason I feel that Outlook calendar won't synchronize with the Bold 9900 but if you have alternative experiences perhaps that's the solution...
    07-09-14 10:31 PM
    Sounds like the up and coming BlackBerry Classic phone running BB10 is the right upgrade for you.

Legacy BBOS will increasingly hit these kind of problems as the rest of the tech world moves on and leaves certain ways of doing things behind.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2 /10.2.1.3247 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.2
    07-09-14 10:55 PM
    Sounds like the up and coming BlackBerry Classic phone running BB10 is the right upgrade for you.
    It's extremely ironic that you wrote this as my first tab is me reading about this phone and considering this is most appropriate for me despite the fact that my phone company is offering me a free Q10 upgrade. I hadn't known about the Blackberry "Classic" until just now.

I agree with you! I love my Bold 9900, I love it's battery life, I love it's durability, and especially the keys but it looks like I'm being forced to upgrade!
    07-11-14 04:41 PM
    create an outlook.com account
    I should also add that a Blackberry Bold will not synchronize with an Outlook.com account, it can only sync contacts. Booooo
    07-11-14 04:43 PM
    Am I missing something here?

Outlook on a PC syncs with BB9900 using Blackerry Desktop Manager, via USB or Bluetooth.
    07-12-14 02:34 PM
    I should also add that a Blackberry Bold will not synchronize with an Outlook.com account, it can only sync contacts. Booooo
    Sorry

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    07-13-14 06:09 AM
    Am I missing something here?
    Yes you are.

Outlook on a PC syncs with BB9900 using Blackerry Desktop Manager, via USB or Bluetooth.
    Correct, this is known. Please note my first post asking, "Does anyone have any advice on wirelessly synchronizing a non-Exchange Outlook with a Blackberry Bold 9900 as well as I was wirelessly syncing it in the past?" Wirelessly as in, out on the road or out in the field and not at my desk.

For years I have been wirelessly synchronizing my Outlook calendar using Google Calendar Sync since it seems to be the only online calendar supported by a Blackberry Bold 9900 with the latest OS and I'm looking for feedback on ways to maintain that configuration after Google discontinues the functionality of Google Calendar Sync next month.

Blackberry OS 7.1 only supports contact synchronization with Outlook.com accounts otherwise I'd use that.
    07-14-14 10:25 AM
    Funny that. The Bluetooth connection between my BB9900 and PC is wireless.
    Isn't yours?
    07-14-14 02:09 PM
    Funny that. The Bluetooth connection between my BB9900 and PC is wireless.
    Isn't yours?
    I can't quite determine if you're unintentionally obtuse or intentionally obtuse, but either way your posts are redundant.

Since you're clearly unable to read posts with more than two lines of text, "Wirelessly as in, out on the road or out in the field and not at my desk." You may not realize this but Bluetooth does not work in this fashion.

Hopefully someone else can contribute positively...
    07-14-14 08:52 PM
    When I tested a Bold 9930 for 30 days earlier this year, I had to resort to the Outlook and manual sync solution. Not ideal, but it worked.
    Posted from my Nokia Lumia 822 using Tapatalk
    07-15-14 07:19 AM
    Oh, I see.

Your post only mentioned 'wireless'.
    Bluetooth is wireless in my world, but obviously not in your world.
    I think you will find that the definition of wireless is 'without wires'.

It is now clear thanks to your explanation of your interpretation of wireless, which I believe is normally described as OTA, or over the air.
    07-16-14 02:58 PM
    ... but it looks like I'm being forced to upgrade!
    Welcome to the Matrix ...
    07-26-14 01:52 AM