I have been facing strange behavior from my Z10 ever since I updated to version 10.2.1.2977 OTA last week, below I describe the issues to be as clear as possible:

1. Power button doesn't lock the screen, I tried battery pull, factory reset, backup and restore ..... nothing worked, I still have the same issue, and the power button is working, since the long press does restart the device, and at times like yesterday, it was working perfectly well all day until it decided to freeze in the evening and then the problem was back as it was.

2. When the power button has worked just as described above, I get the freezing issue where the phone would show a black screen and doesn't unlock anymore, until i long press the power button and it restarts with the power button not working once rebooted.

3. GPS stopped working for a good period of 30 minutes after the update, where the location services were on but I couldn't be located on the map no matter what I did, and after a few reboots it eventually worked.

4. Overheating of the battery randomly and for no specific reason, at time I just pick the phone up and it is quite hot on the backside.

I don't know if anyone of you has face this issue with a Z10 STL100-1 after the mentioned update, but this is making me really lose faith with blackberry , since in my case there are many activities depending on the phone and not being able to lock and unlock it with the power button ( causing me to call people when the phone is in my pocket , among other things ), or have it in a meeting not powering up and having to reset and waste time waiting for it to come back on just doesn't do it for me.

I have been using the Z10 for a little less than one year and really had no issues and was rooting for blackberry with my surroundings showing them how cool and easy things are done with it, and I would like that to continue, so if anyone has a solution or at least some troubleshooting I can make that would be great.

Thanks in advance

Nagi

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-08-14 12:31 PM
    Have you ever given the device a full wipe since you owned it? A lot of issues can be corrected just by 'cleaning the junk out' but you can't start ruling things out until you actually try that first. Sure, it's a pain the **** to go through but it could save you time in the long run.
    07-08-14 01:04 PM
    Actually I have reloaded the OS , and naturally back to factory defaults , and the issue with the power button remained, tried it a few hours on blank, before restoring from backup using bb link.

Thanks for the input

07-08-14 02:01 PM
    Power button is almost def. a hardware issue at that point then. Not much going to fix that outside of a replacement unfortunately.
    07-08-14 02:35 PM
    Everything works perfectly fine for me. It was a 17MB update which was there this one day and disappeared, then came back 3 days later

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 03:06 PM
    I'm installing the update on my STL100-1 now.

I've been trying to do a full wipe and reload of the OS on my phone but I just can't find the time.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 07:58 AM
    I am having issue BEFORE Updating! BlackBerry link displays fatal error occurred during installation please try again later! Tried about 10 times!

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 09:04 PM
    Mine is weird, can use Contacts anymore.
    Unless you tap on Call and search contact from there.

Otherwise once you tap in Contacts on home screen it prompts you to Create new contact group!

Try cancel or even trying to create contact groups failed, not responsive.

But you can at least long press and drag to the right but once release it goes back to that again.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 10:27 PM
    When I deactivate bedside mode than no wifi and mobile data run I have to restart my phone

STL100-1 10.2.1.2977
    07-09-14 11:12 PM
    I noticed after the last 2 updates the phone was gradually going backwards, I had both the contacts issue and the wifi and data issue when going out of bedside mode, for a few days I had to go into airplane mode and sometimes even restart the phone every morning to get things up and running again.

Naguizz from CB10 on Z10
    07-10-14 12:13 AM
    Mine solved already after hard reset
    Issue - Phone book
    Reset - up & down button.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 02:57 AM
    Does anyone know how to contact blackberry support with an issue like this ? Everyday am convinced that the issue is a software issue and not a hardware one, yesterday the phone worked perfectly fine for around 9 hours , then it froze, restarted by pressing 10s on power button and again the power button not working issue showed.

Thanks for the help

07-12-14 03:12 AM
    Running fine. I have a an unlocked T-mobile z10 that I am using on AT&T. Installed a Rogers OS through Sachesi and it works perfectly.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-14 01:21 PM
    I'm having the same problem as the OP and it's only been since the last update. Everything else works fine so I find it hard to believe it is a hardware issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 11:58 AM
    My STL100-1 also has a problem with heating up without any reason. I'm very tired about this issue because I can't use the phone for a full day like before.

And I become desperately using blackberry now since the Z30 that I want to be the replacement has gone from Indonesian market.

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 10:19 PM
    After update my camera can't be started but my video songs are playing well.
    During intervals I try to open camera it show the same message that: "camera can't be started" then after my video songs which are previously playing stop working.
    for playing video songs i have to reboot the device but camera cant be started.
    anyone have any solution for the same. please help me & send ur valuable suggestion & solution to my mail ID [email protected]
    07-22-14 02:04 AM
    After update my camera can't be started but my video songs are playing well.
    During intervals I try to open camera it show the same message that: "camera can't be started" then after my video songs which are previously playing stop working.
    for playing video songs i have to reboot the device but camera cant be started.
    anyone have any solution for the same. please help me & send ur valuable suggestion & solution to my mail ID [email protected]
    Sometimes this happens if you have installed an Android app that can use the camera. If you have an android app or apps that use the camera you might try deleting it for an experiment and see if it fixes the problem. Good luck.
    07-22-14 07:46 AM
    Well to bring an update to the subject, I would like to note that my phone has been working perfectly well for the past 36 hours, no random reboot, no freeze and the power button is working as it should.

Am keeping my fingers crossed, cos I cannot find another device where I can update this thread using a phone keyboard, this fast, and hopefully without mistakes .

On the downside, I don't know what was the problem, I uninstalled a lot of apps I had, android ports and BlackBerry apps, and yesterday had a bunch of app updates as well, and since then it's been working like a charm.

Hope it lasts til the 10.3 update, looking forward to it, I don't wanna change my phone yet!!

Naguizz from CB10 on Z10
    FF22 likes this.
    07-22-14 12:20 PM
    Just updated to 2977. The battery life has improved significantly. Anyone has the same experience?

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 07:24 PM
    I agree with you I also hav same prblm and after updating the OS it was insured that all android apps will support to our BlackBerry decice bt it doesn't wrking so plz if anyone hav any idea about it???

Posted via CB10
    07-23-14 01:18 AM
    I wiped my phone and reinstalled everything by hand -- no backup restore, and the power button still doesn't work the way it should. Grrrrr.....

Posted via CB10
    07-24-14 12:38 PM
    I have a blackberry z10 and I cant send or receive pictures in my text messages it stopes after awhile I got it and I tried everything and it's the update 10.2.1.2977 please someone help me :'( ??
    09-28-14 04:22 AM