I am currently using a Pearl and will be getting a Curve in a few days. I have backed up the device. Should I first delete desktop manager, which has a different OS than the Curve, then install the new DM with the disc I receive with the Curve, then do a restore? I have been told that using the switch device method can cause errors when switching two different devices. Any thoughts??
    Thanks.
    11-13-08 07:23 PM
    No. DM and the OS are completely separate and not dependent
    on each other. You can have multiple OS's on you PC without
    any conflicts whatsoever. You will need to download and install
    the OS for the new phone as that is not on the disk.

To change devices, just use the Device Switch Wizard in DM.
    I have never had a conflict using it.

Telus BlackBerry Software

... and Welcome to Crackberry
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 11-13-08 at 07:30 PM.
    11-13-08 07:27 PM
    I am looking forward to a bigger screen and keyboard as well, at the time Verizon gave me the Pearl for $99 and i couldn't pass it up. I was lucky enough to find this site before my Pearl was delivered and found out about the dreaded memory issue the Pearls have. When i got it i hooked up with Stoner(for those who know who he is now) and the rest is history. I have had my pearl so severly optimized it ain't even funny. It is still a good device though...
    11-13-08 07:33 PM
    Remember that it is likely the desktop manager on the cd that comes with your Curve is quite likely not the most up to date version. Don't be afraid to go online to BlackBerry and download a copy of DM 4.6. AG is right about the switch wizard. It works great -- it is made by the company that made your device, and made to be compatible,

One thing most of us do is not download or install the Media Manager verion, Roxio is very slow and can mess with your PC. It is much easier to just enable mass storage mode and drag and drop your media files to your media card. You may already do this, I'm just making sure .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 07:46 PM
    I didnt have an issue with Switch Device either, all was smooth sailin'
    11-13-08 07:47 PM
    Thanks for all your responses. I will try the switch device wizard when I receive the Curve.
    Ciacci.
    11-13-08 08:16 PM
    Let us know how it works out. And if you have any issues, there
    will be someone around to help.
    11-13-08 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD