For a new single line...

(1) BB Nationwide Email: 450 min. + Web/Email = $79.99

(2) Nationwide Basic + BIS: 450 min.($39.99) + Web/Email($29.99) = $69.98
    (3) Nationwide Basic + BES: 450 min.($39.99) + Web/Email($44.99) = $84.98

Why the 10 bucks difference between (1) & (2)? Is VZW being greedy as usual and trying to pull a fast one on unsuspecting customers? Or is it just wishful thinking that VZW may actually be providing a value bundle for once by including BES instead of BIS in (1), thus saving $5/month?

Any VZW reps out there with actual knowledge (not speculation) regarding the above?

What about family share plans. Will we continue to be able to add/upgrade a line to a Family Share Nationwide Basic plan and do the BIS add-on (29.99), thus bypassing the BB Nationwide Email plan altogether, and still get the discounted 2-year contract price?
    Last edited by Dogbert; 11-13-08 at 06:47 PM.
    11-13-08 06:45 PM
    The nationwide email plan is not required for purchase of the phone at the indicated price. This is exactly what the telesales rep who preordered the phone for me said, and did for me. I ordered it with only the web/email.
    11-13-08 06:47 PM
    The nationwide email plan is not required for purchase of the phone at the indicated price. This is exactly what the telesales rep who preordered the phone for me said, and did for me. I ordered it with only the web/email.
    W H E W ! ! !

Thanks for the info!!
    11-13-08 06:49 PM
    the email plan includes unlimited texts.

if you want to do the family share it has to be either the basic or select plans. you cannot be on the email plan. I asked them that about 5 months ago when i 1st heard of the storm
    Last edited by TheJman21; 11-13-08 at 06:59 PM.
    11-13-08 06:55 PM
    So according to your telesales rep, you can do Nationwide Basic + BIS/BES add-on and STILL get the $199 2-year contract price? If so, then that would be a sigh of relief...
    11-13-08 06:57 PM
    Good question.
    I made sure I got the 450 minute plan and added the $30 data plan, when I converted to BB.
    11-13-08 06:57 PM
    I'm not familiar with specific break down of all these plans, but I upgraded my line which is on a family share plan and not the primary account holder. I asked if that "nationwide plan" as advertised is required or if I can just go with the traditional $30 a month Blackberry email/data plan, and she said that it would absolutely not be a problem.
    11-13-08 07:01 PM
    So if i'm on a FS plan with 4 lines, my BB plan would just be $30 a month for data on top of the FS plan rate?
    11-13-08 07:15 PM
    LetMeClearMyThroat, I have the same question, as I am in a very similar situation. If I have to get the nationwide select plan, I'll be super pissed. . . Someone answer!
    11-13-08 07:19 PM
    Here is what a few months of research has helped me learn about family plans and blackberry/smartphone add-ons:

*Base price is your family plan
    *Add in your additional line fees
    *Add in your option additional fees (per line cost for texting, descriptive billing, pointless warranty coverage, etc.)
    *Add in EACH blackberry/smartphone add-on cost: $30 or $45
    Add on $15 if you wish to tether to a laptop

So if you have all Blackberry phones with 4 lines, you are looking at $120 to $240 extra. If only 1 is a blackberry, then its an additional $30 to $60.

Note: Essentially when you add tethering, the cost come out to the same price as getting a family plan + the cost of a data plan - the savings is not having to carry around a mobile broadband card. Get something like a tekkeon battery with the money you saved, as you'll need the extra juice on the go.

Hope this helps!

Mike
    11-13-08 07:47 PM
    MDillenbeck,

I got what you said - and agree.

On the additional fees - I get $10 for Navigation (sorry - I'm a sucker for thephone talking to me), and texting - I haven't been able to come up with the texting fees though.
    11-13-08 07:54 PM
    Here is what a few months of research has helped me learn about family plans and blackberry/smartphone add-ons:

*Base price is your family plan
    *Add in your additional line fees
    *Add in your option additional fees (per line cost for texting, descriptive billing, pointless warranty coverage, etc.)
    *Add in EACH blackberry/smartphone add-on cost: $30 or $45
    Add on $15 if you wish to tether to a laptop

So if you have all Blackberry phones with 4 lines, you are looking at $120 to $240 extra. If only 1 is a blackberry, then its an additional $30 to $60.

Note: Essentially when you add tethering, the cost come out to the same price as getting a family plan + the cost of a data plan - the savings is not having to carry around a mobile broadband card. Get something like a tekkeon battery with the money you saved, as you'll need the extra juice on the go.

Hope this helps!

Mike
    Thank you! This actually really helps!
    11-13-08 08:16 PM
    bump... i'm curious what the real difference is...
    11-13-08 10:08 PM
    I am also curious about the OP's original question what is the difference between those plans (other than 10 bucks). On paper they look identical, just one costs more.

EDIT: People already answered this question in a different thread.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/say...15/index2.html
    Last edited by devman; 11-13-08 at 10:31 PM.
    11-13-08 10:21 PM
    I dont know if it's me or does it seem VZW's Blackberry Plan's are higher price then ATT's Blackberry Plans??
    11-14-08 06:42 AM
    Hi All,

I believe this $10.00 dif has to do with corporate e-mail function,and push, pull features.

If your not hooked into a business email you don't need the extra 10 buck fee.
    11-14-08 07:10 AM
    There's also a difference in the employer discount. With the Nationwide Email plan, my employer discount is applied to the whole thing. If it's a basic plan with the Email and Web add on, then my employer discount is not applied to the $30 charge. It's only on the voice.

This will be specific to the employer though. It's beneficial to anyone who only gets a voice discount to get the Nationwide Email plan since you will get the discount on the whole package.
    11-14-08 01:47 PM
    hmmm.. so is there any way to get the discount without actually being employed by verizon wireless? haha
    11-14-08 02:14 PM
    hmmm.. so is there any way to get the discount without actually being employed by verizon wireless? haha
    your company like mine may have one with verizon. you'll have to go on the site or call them to see if yours does. mine is 19% so it's worth checking into!
    11-14-08 02:16 PM
    There's also a difference in the employer discount. With the Nationwide Email plan, my employer discount is applied to the whole thing. If it's a basic plan with the Email and Web add on, then my employer discount is not applied to the $30 charge. It's only on the voice.

This will be specific to the employer though. It's beneficial to anyone who only gets a voice discount to get the Nationwide Email plan since you will get the discount on the whole package.
    Thanks for noting this! My company discount is 19% off voice plans and accessories only. I tried to do the math on the VZW website. It seems I would come out $2.50 cheaper per month with the voice+BIS discount.

BlackBerry Nationwide Email 450
    $64.79

250 messages
    $5.00

Total Equipment Coverage (WPP + Extended Warranty)
    $5.99

Due Monthly: $75.78

---------------------------------------------------------

Nationwide Basic 450
    $32.39

250 messages
    $5.00

Total Equipment Coverage (WPP + Extended Warranty)
    $5.99

Email and Web for BlackBerry
    $29.99

Due Monthly: $73.37
    11-14-08 02:17 PM
    Right so if you're a single user in need of BES with an employer discount, get the Nationwide Email & Data plan.

If BIS is all you need or you need a family share plan, then get the add on option to the normal plans.
    11-14-08 05:55 PM
    Dont know if it is just me but I no longer see the 29.99 *** on on the website did verizion do away with it? the only add on web and email I see is the bes
    11-14-08 06:40 PM
    Dont know if it is just me but I no longer see the 29.99 add on on the website did verizion do away with it? the only add on web and email I see is the bes
    11-14-08 06:42 PM
    Dont know if it is just me but I no longer see the 29.99 add on on the website did verizion do away with it? the only add on web and email I see is the bes
    11-14-08 06:43 PM
    Just got back from the VZW Corp store here. She said that the difference is that the National Email plan can be activated on BES and BIS. BIS can be added to the plan for 29.99 and BES can be applied for i think 44.99. She said either one can be used with the Storm, but you are required to have one or the other.
    11-14-08 06:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD