Well, beside an impressive specs, BBRY need to do more to jump-start and bring back the glory days. But they need to make sure a few things done correctly, among others...

1- delver (launch) the device as promised date, early Sept is possible. (any delay as before is not acceptable)
    2- strong advertising & marketing campaign supported by on-site promo with participation from telcos, biz partner, media, and etc. The rare preview recently was a great teaser, but pls don't kill it.. let the buzz going...
    3- pricing strategy is vital. Z10 was a bad experience. Think of economy of scales.
    4- made it available immediately at key target markets, i.e. NA, Middle East, Central Asia, South East Asia, and maybe few African, south american & European countries

And, i reckon some of you can share your view on this as Passport is the 'passport' for BBRY to be back in the industry, to be a main player again. Any hiccups will surely jeopardize all the efforts made by JC & Co. And make it even harder to make a 2nd comeback...
    Dmessenger likes this.
    07-07-14 10:14 AM
    also it should be available from Blackberry straight on their website since the start.. these carriers are trying their best to get people to switch give Crackberriancs the choice to buy it out right from the source
    cgallaer likes this.
    07-07-14 10:18 AM
    I just hope that we see the BlackBerry Passport on this side of the pond shortly after the release date. I don't want to wait 3 to 4 months to get my hands on one in the U.S.
    07-07-14 10:48 AM
    Make the keyboard touch screen so we can have more real estate.
    07-07-14 11:11 AM
    The Passport is not a mass-market consumer device.
    I would be shocked if there will be any sort of marketing outside of the enterprise sector.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-07-14 11:16 AM
    Get that third party app ecosystem thoroughly assimilated (as in native minimum click access) out the box.
    07-07-14 11:48 AM
    The Passport is not a mass-market consumer device.
    I would be shocked if there will be any sort of marketing outside of the enterprise sector.

Posted via CB10
    Exactly. People want it to compete with consumer devices but that's not going to happen, nor should it.

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-07-14 11:49 AM
    tamp down your expectations and you won't be disappointed. Passport isn't the Iphone circa 2007. It will sell reasonably well in regulated market areas and with PK enthusiasts outside of it. Chen will be over the moon if it sells 500k by this time next year.

There will not be a large marketing campaign nor will the price be low. This is a niche high end PK device: $600 off contract and $199 on.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    07-07-14 12:53 PM
    Give the user the ability to disable the ambient light sensor GLO. Every other OS does.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 12:55 PM
    I'll just be happy if it's available from my carrier.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 06:48 PM
    It depends on how you define success.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 08:35 PM
    I'd like to see a case from BlackBerry that holds the Passport AND my passport for when I travel. Plus a few credit cards!!

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 09:42 AM
    1- delver (launch) the device as promised date, early Sept is possible. (any delay as before is not acceptable)
    2- strong advertising & marketing campaign supported by on-site promo with participation from telcos, biz partner, media, and etc. The rare preview recently was a great teaser, but pls don't kill it.. let the buzz going...
    3- pricing strategy is vital. Z10 was a bad experience. Think of economy of scales.
    4- made it available immediately at key target markets, i.e. NA, Middle East, Central Asia, South East Asia, and maybe few African, south american & European countries
    Are you listing things that aren't going to happen? None of these are very likely.
    07-08-14 10:29 AM
    ^^^ hahah right

Q10 Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 10:36 AM
    This seems more about setting up a scapegoat. If the Passport doesn't do that well then I guess you can always blame the marketing rather than the product.

Release it on time? Since when is a product like this ever released on time? The carriers certainly won't be in much of a hurry.

Strong ad campaign? Would something like the $400 million Windows Phone 7 campaign do? Even if Blackberry could sell 10 million Passports in the first year, that would be $40 per phone.

Pricing - JC is always talking about being profitable in hardware, not increasing market share. That means maintaining margins with high prices. It's the opposite of economies of scale. If you make a lot of phones and go with low price and miss the mark then you're dead. If you make fewer phones and charge a lot then you may make a little or lose a little.

Availability - It costs a lot more to do more markets simultaneously. Similar to the above, it would be more logical to do the slow rollouts. That's what Blackberry did with the last two and the aren't likely to change.
    07-08-14 11:30 AM
    Make the keyboard touch screen so we can have more real estate.
    Yes, this is what I'm looking for.
    07-08-14 11:33 AM
    Well, beside an impressive specs, BBRY need to do more to jump-start and bring back the glory days. But they need to make sure a few things done correctly, among others...

And, i reckon some of you can share your view on this as Passport is the 'passport' for BBRY to be back in the industry, to be a main player again. Any hiccups will surely jeopardize all the efforts made by JC & Co. And make it even harder to make a 2nd comeback...
    1) The will put the Passport on sale in Sept. Might be first of the month or it might be the last day with just preorders, but it will go on sale.
    2) Marketing / Advertising.... this isn't a mass market devices, any marketing the do will be targeted marketing.
    3) They aren't looking for scale, the battle to build the ecosystem is over. Price will be what it is for the device. Expect Note 3 pricing - but not specs.
    4) Haven't they already "launched" it.... Does Apple or Samsung's CEO start showing and talking about a device before it's launched? They aren't going to overbuild this device..... not sure where they will first offer it for sale (the Z30 launch in Indonesian made no sense too me).
    cgallaer likes this.
    07-08-14 11:58 AM