I guess what I mean by the title is those of you that don't look at specs or even really know what most of them mean ( ie me), what do buy BlackBerry for over competitors.

Some of my reasons are aesthetic, I like the finish and look of BlackBerry phones but also the connectivity of the hub and the way you can really modify and mess around with BB's.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 04:42 PM
    EVERYBODY has an iphone.

Iphone and android apps are riddled with ads. I hate pop up ads. I haven't experienced that with BlackBerry, ever.

Hub is awesome.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2228
    07-06-14 04:51 PM
    Agree one thing that I loved about BlackBerry was change, variety, choice... ok three things. But as you say it gets boring buying the same phone over and over again which to people not up on specs the iPhone can seem like. Android is slow, although I had a go on a galaxy note yesterday and did enjoy it. But much prefer the gestures of BB10

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 05:04 PM
    Qwerty keyboard, Led notifications, Bedside mode, message hub and efficiency in doing everything that is needed to be done for a communication device.
    Dabbled with an Android device after my contract was up and after six months, really missed those features that I mentioned. So yeah.. that's why I'm using a BlackBerry.

an addict ever since my first 8900
    Denny_Crane likes this.
    07-06-14 05:48 PM
    1. Everyone has an iphone

2. I had had enough with all these apps taking over. Wanted to get back to basics and use my smartphone for communicating....and no one does that better than blackberry. I do have some work related apps that I use but that's it....oh and CB app of course. For the most part, if it ain't ringing or buzzing it's on the table where it belongs.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 06:11 PM
    I like technology. Each has positives, and I like playing with different OSes. As a tech writer, it allows me to look to be objective (I hope).
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    07-06-14 06:16 PM
    My wife said she likes the Led light and that she has the only phone (z10) that can run its browser and get service in our church basement. She said it makes her laugh every time. I believe most of them have iPhone and she did up until about 4 months ago

Rockin Z30 on 10.2.1.2947 on AT&T
    07-06-14 06:16 PM
    It's simple and unique. You will rarely see BlackBerry's nowadays.

BlackBerry 10 - it takes courage to be one of the few
    vrabac likes this.
    07-06-14 06:20 PM
    The HUB, multitasking abilities, physical keyboard, and of course the LED. I actually don't know how people deal without an LED notification. The last thing I want is to have my phone vibrating all day at work. I'd much rather have sound/vib notifications off and be able to rely solely on the LED
    TheyCallMeMatt likes this.
    07-06-14 06:41 PM
    HUB, intuitive UI, Canadian Company.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 07:11 PM
    The HUB, multitasking abilities, physical keyboard, and of course the LED. I actually don't know how people deal without an LED notification. The last thing I want is to have my phone vibrating all day at work. I'd much rather have sound/vib notifications off and be able to rely solely on the LED
    Agreed. It was so weird without the LED notifications when I was using my Android. Felt naked.
    07-06-14 08:01 PM

Iphone and android apps are riddled with ads. I hate pop up ads. I haven't experienced that with BlackBerry, ever.

Do explain. I have never experienced this on either platform.
    Last edited by Tre Lawrence; 07-06-14 at 08:43 PM. Reason: spelling
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-06-14 08:31 PM
    Being able to seamlessly communicate on the go.
    07-06-14 08:34 PM
    1- Its hard to break a blackberry
    2- Remember app is useful for keeping jobs together in folders
    3- Keyboard/Shortcuts
    4- LED
    5- Swiping/gestures are quick
    6- Fast Browser
    7- Removable Battery
    8- Have paid for a lot of apps that i'd like to keep
    Just plain productive

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 10:01 PM
    Well, I am a techy person. But, I still don't go to other platforms because of tech specs. What is important to me are some simple items:

1. It is an "open" system compared to Apple. I like using my music and movies on my SD card. I hate having to do everything via Itunes. And, I like the simplicity of managing stuff via the file manager. I have to do work. And, yep, that means I have to deal with files of all kinds.

2. I like the versatility: removable battery, SD card, and mini-HDMI. makes my life easy.

3. Hub. I get that people like what they are used to (all your icons can be on the home page to see what messages you need to see - but it is not the same to me, having to go in and out of Apps and their message areas.
    4. The UX of BB10. I like the way that BB10 works. I really do. The BB folks have put alot of thought into it - and it shows. It is the little productivity stuff that really makes a difference. Android really falls down here. For instance - i love that the menu stuff in at the bottom left, and bottom right. Not the top left (android). I do need to use a phone one handed.

And, it just works. The phone works. BBM works. Other things work.

I just wish it had better battery life. I use 3 batteries a day. each lasts only 4-6 hrs.
    07-06-14 10:12 PM
    Oh yeah, how could I forget removable SD card! I hate that Apple forgoes this so you have to buy devices with bigger storage. And ongoing cost of that aside, it's so convenient just moving my card from one phone to another. I change phones once e a week, so having this flexibility is imperative.
    07-06-14 11:33 PM
    well except that it's a BlackBerry...well its how it feels in the hand maybe ..its something familiar and it works the way I expect...lots of times have seen reviews on tech blogs that focus on specs, cameras, apps, and hardly any pay attention to how it makes and receives calls--the thing that they should do well--which a lot dont do well unfortunately
    07-06-14 11:50 PM
    well except that it's a BlackBerry...well its how it feels in the hand maybe ..its something familiar and it works the way I expect...lots of times have seen reviews on tech blogs that focus on specs, cameras, apps, and hardly any pay attention to how it makes and receives calls--the thing that they should do well--which a lot dont do well unfortunately
    Making and recieving calls is a standard function which is very very bad in OS10. I made hundreds of calls by accident since I own a Z10.

OS10 very bad in recieving calls also, swipe left and right lol up and down ok but left and right?

RedBerry Z10 #00167 10.2.1.3247
    07-07-14 01:24 AM
    And many many pictures shot by accident also My camera roll is full.of them.

Will BlackBerry fix that grappy OS with OS11? Lets hope so...

Anyway love my Z10 but OS is bad

Denny_Crane likes this.
    07-07-14 01:27 AM

Yeah, you're right. As much as I love the OS, I hate how easy it is to launch the phone and camera via those bottom buttons. Not a good design.
    07-07-14 01:29 AM

So wtf you like about the z10? It's hardware is under spec so

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:39 AM
    Yeah, you're right. As much as I love the OS, I hate how easy it is to launch the phone and camera via those bottom buttons. Not a good design.
    Agreed but to say something is bad...

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:40 AM
    When people ask me why I'm sticking to BlackBerry answer it's simple PRODUCTIVITY I have 5 mail accounts and I try on ios and android and was a pain to use. Other thing I love it's the hdmi port on my z10 (don't know why other BlackBerry os phones don't have separate port) it's really handy that you can connect to TV or video beam and still have the ability to charge the phone at the same time.

Overall things like browser, file manager, share option without exit apps, led notification (obviously).

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 02:06 AM
    Keyboard. I'm a Q10 user and that does it for me. I also appreciate it's smooth operation, going between apps and such. And it feels darn nice in my hands.
    07-07-14 06:51 AM
    The hub is awesome. Keyboard shortcuts too.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 07:12 AM
36 12