I would like to know just exactly what can be done with the blackberry without incurring added costs to my already (150.00) a month plus phone bill. I mean do downloads cost money or programs downloaded, or viewing newsgroups or rss feeds? IM just still not sure if this thing isnt gonna run me out of using cell/blackberry due to exhorbitant costs. Sorry for sounding so stupid but ive only had the thing for a month and I do love it, but then again I havnt seen my first bill for its use.

11-13-08 05:30 PM
    There are a lot of free apps, games, etc. out there. My plan runs roughly $140, but I have 3 phones on that, and they all have data. Take a good look at your plan and make sure you're not being overcharged. Good luck and welcome to CB!
    11-13-08 05:34 PM
    As long as you have an unlimited data plan, downloads are free. There are programs and games that are free and some that you have to pay for.

Welcome to CB!
    11-13-08 05:35 PM
    I'm on the mobile site. So, I can't see - who is your carrier?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 05:36 PM
    I'm on the mobile site. So, I can't see - who is your carrier?
    Both are the same as yours, VZW
    11-13-08 05:50 PM
    Yeah - as was stated - unlimited data is the way to go. $150? Man - how many minutes do you talk? I'm on a phone thru work so I get corporate discounts. But still, it's whatever I use with unlmtd data plus my wife's 700+ minutes and - only pay $160.

11-13-08 05:55 PM
    When I left verizon the only way to use a blackberry was with the 50 dollar data package. Tethering was an additional 10 or 15 I think. But I had 5 berry's all data and my bill was well over 400 a month.

11-13-08 06:47 PM
    High bills that's why I left att
    11-13-08 07:12 PM
    Verizon's unlimited blackberry data plan is only $30 now.

Since you are on Verizon, anything you do will not cost money. The only thing that could possibly be charged for extra would be:

-Downloading a program that specifically says has a cost
    -If you don't have unlimited texts, using a messenger program that sends as SMS rather than using data.
    11-13-08 08:42 PM
    Verizon's unlimited blackberry data plan is only $30 now.

Since you are on Verizon, anything you do will not cost money. The only thing that could possibly be charged for extra would be:

-Downloading a program that specifically says has a cost
    -If you don't have unlimited texts, using a messenger program that sends as SMS rather than using data.
    Like you I too have Verizon however I am getting a lot of dropped calls and they have graciously given me a no cost to me (penalty) way out of my contract. I am thinking of going to US Cellular since they have the best coverage in this area of the country where I live. I have the family share plan with one BB and three regular phones but I am considering getting my wife a BB and then two regular phones for the kids. I just wasnt sure what is included with the service that didnt cost extra and you kind of answered thast with using sms instead of texting since I dont haver a text plan. I love the phone I just cant stand the dropped calls with verizon. Seems most of the guys in their commercial are in the big cities and not out here in the fringe areas. Its a shame they wont spend the money to put up enough towers to cover the claims they have of being the best network.
    11-14-08 09:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD