Just putting forth a good ol' piece of CB speculation!

I'm looking forward to both new BB devices...for me, particularly the Classic. I'm very curious to see the exact specs. But most curious about the UI system.

I'm calling it a kind of faith that they will get this right. I think the 'swipe up' gesture will work fine - including right over the trackpad. Also convinced that the menu/back buttons will ADD options not only available in the 'swipe down from top' gesture; similar to OS7.

I think Chen saw the Q and Z when he arrived, then saw the Bold (or was already at one point a user), and had a hunch about what needed to change.

Welcome any and all opinions!!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 03:29 PM
    If anyone wants to speculate about how exactly the swipe up can work in conjunction with the trackpad (and not be registered as a trackpad maneuver) in an app where writing is normal (say, Remember or Evernote) I am all ears.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 03:33 PM
    If anyone wants to speculate about how exactly the swipe up can work in conjunction with the trackpad (and not be registered as a trackpad maneuver) in an app where writing is normal (say, Remember or Evernote) I am all ears.

Posted via CB10
    The swipe up gesture will work exactly like it does now. When you use the trackpad a cursor will appear to allow you to select text. Use the touchscreen and it'll go away and be just like a Q10 again... Pretty simple, just like the 9900...

?Posted without the aid of AutoCorrect with my physical keyboard via CB10
    07-05-14 03:42 PM
    When it was leaked or announced that the Q10 wasn't going to have buttons and more particularly the track pad, I had a sinking feeling about it. I was a frustrated i phone user at the time and one of my most frustrating moments with it was trying to move the cursor around. I was looking at BB10 to save me from sticking my finger up my phones screen. The track pad seemed to be a keeper to me on both full screen and qwerty devices. I believe both devices would have sold better. I'm glad it's coming back.

Posted via CB10
    idssteve likes this.
    07-05-14 05:12 PM
    When it was leaked or announced that the Q10 wasn't going to have buttons and more particularly the track pad, I had a sinking feeling about it. I was a frustrated i phone user at the time and one of my most frustrating moments with it was trying to move the cursor around. I was looking at BB10 to save me from sticking my finger up my phones screen. The track pad seemed to be a keeper to me on both full screen and qwerty devices. I believe both devices would have sold better. I'm glad it's coming back.

Posted via CB10
    I use both a Bold 9900 for work and Z30 for personal and I agree that it is nice to have the track pad on the Bold as it is a smaller screen. But on the Z30 a track pad is not necessary IMO. If BB really wants to make their touch screen phones look archaic then they should definitely add a track pad. Lol. /Sarcasm
    Bbnivende likes this.
    07-06-14 10:44 PM
    I use both a Bold 9900 for work and Z30 for personal and I agree that it is nice to have the track pad on the Bold as it is a smaller screen. But on the Z30 a track pad is not necessary IMO. If BB really wants to make their touch screen phones look archaic then they should definitely add a track pad. Lol. /Sarcasm
    Well, fortunately for us BB cares more about what works better, rather than looks and what other people perceive. Thank goodness or we'll all be forced to use whatever is the latest craze because that's all there will be in the market...
    idssteve likes this.
    07-07-14 12:37 AM
    Well, fortunately for us BB cares more about what works better, rather than looks and what other people perceive. Thank goodness or we'll all be forced to use whatever is the latest craze because that's all there will be in the market...
    You are missing his point. A trackpad in a 4.5 or 5 inch screened device is not required. I have both a 9900 and a z10 and I agree. I will say this, I could cut and paste fairly well on my 9900 with out using the trackpad. Maybe BB7 was better. Regardless, the trackpad is very helpful on devices that have small screens like the Classic.

Personally, I would rather have a Q10 phone with small bezels and a 4 inch screen over a 3.5 inch Classic with a trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 08:23 AM
    You are missing his point. A trackpad in a 4.5 or 5 inch screened device is not required. I have both a 9900 and a z10 and I agree. I will say this, I could cut and paste fairly well on my 9900 with out using the trackpad. Maybe BB7 was better. Regardless, the trackpad is very helpful on devices that have small screens like the Classic.

Personally, I would rather have a Q10 phone with small bezels and a 4 inch screen over a 3.5 inch Classic with a trackpad.

Posted via CB10
    Good for you. I'm so happy that you have an opinion of what you would prefer. :-)

07-08-14 03:10 PM
    Good for you that you have an opinion about what works better for you as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 10:35 PM
    Good for you that you have an opinion about what works better for you as well.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, and I've always stated anything as my opinion. If you look at the comment I was replying to, you'll see the guy was basically mocking anyone who wanted something that he/she personally didn't want...

07-08-14 11:27 PM
    It's going to be the iphone killer

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 06:45 PM
    It's going to be the iphone killer

Posted via CB10
    LOL. I just want it to sell....many. But, hope springs eternal.

Posted from my sexy Q10!
    07-12-14 11:01 PM
    I want one. But I don't want to be committed to it full-time for a two year contract. I need applications. I'll pick one up as a secondary phone as soon as I can pick one up gently used and put some prepaid minutes on it.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-13-14 02:46 AM
    The UI will be the exact same as current devices and the passport...

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 03:19 AM