Hi there, I have a problem wit my new BlackBerry z30, the problem is that inside my pocket the touch screen works, and dunno why if I touch any place in the screen the notification sound goes off, as a result I'm loosing important calls while my phone is in my pocket and walking cause it does not ringing at all.
    What's even more annoying is the same issue while driving and using a Bluetooth head set, it's closing the call if I move my leg or cancel the microphone....
    I know I can get rid of that if I put the phone in my pocket with the screen placed outside, but it's vulnerable in case of a hit... so another solution is to buy a leather holster.. but the phone is allready big... a leather holster will make it even bigger, please help!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 12:08 PM
    Why is the whole screen working as the notification noise cancellation button, is it normal?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 12:26 PM
    Yes it is normal. To "fix" this issue keep it out of your pocket.
    07-05-14 12:57 PM
    Well... it's not a solution , I may have busy hands ,thanks for replying!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 01:08 PM
    Well... it's not a solution , I may have busy hands ,thanks for replying!

Posted via CB10
    Face the same issue, started keeping the screen of my phone away from my pocket. That helps. The notification sound doesn't go off in that position.
    07-05-14 01:14 PM
    Yes I mentioned that in first post, the phone will be vulnerable to direct hits, the screen will go first

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 01:19 PM
    Yes I mentioned that in first post, the phone will be vulnerable to direct hits, the screen will go first

Posted via CB10
    Sorry didn't read that, well sadly that's the only solution. Atleast till 10.3 which is supposed to bring smart interactions.
    07-05-14 01:21 PM
    Thy for replying! , it seems I have wait, I posted the issue on # blackberryhelp , it seems there is no setting to turn that of ( why not use the middle button from volume for that, and I see I can turn off that "answer now" off but that..... no.) ..... I think this is closed now.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 01:30 PM
    Just keep the phone on the opposite direction, like the notification goes off maybe because the screen is supposedly be touching your thighs which is why a skin contact shun it off. Keep the screen on the different side. This should solve your issue.
    Or buy a holster maybe.
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 01:53 PM
    It doesn't cancel the call (at least it Shouldn't) , all it does when you touch the screen is silence the ring after one ring. You can still swipe to the left on the answer button and answer the call....even with the ring stopped, the call is still coming through

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    07-05-14 01:58 PM
    OK, just retested on my phone, it for sure does not cancel call, just silences ring after the initial ring

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    07-05-14 02:01 PM
    When there is an incoming call, when at a meeting and you forget to put phone in silent mode, toching any part of the screen interrupts the loud ringing sound (I then let it ring silently, my answering machine goes on and the caller leaves a message or hangs up)... After the meeting, I call back...
    It is sth good, for me.
    Not so good for you...
    Solution: Holster or wallet/case for you phone is the way to go. May be a bluetooth earpiece?
    Then, if you look regularily on your phone, you can call back and apologize. It works for me!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-05-14 02:05 PM
    Hi there, I have a problem wit my new BlackBerry z30, the problem is that inside my pocket the touch screen works, and dunno why if I touch any place in the screen the notification sound goes off, as a result I'm loosing important calls while my phone is in my pocket and walking cause it does not ringing at all.
    What's even more annoying is the same issue while driving and using a Bluetooth head set, it's closing the call if I move my leg or cancel the microphone....
    I know I can get rid of that if I put the phone in my pocket with the screen placed outside, but it's vulnerable in case of a hit... so another solution is to buy a leather holster.. but the phone is allready big... a leather holster will make it even bigger, please help!

Posted via CB10
    There's no solution to this..
    It's a feature that I LOVE so much.
    It didn't happen to me but I understand it could be an issue to some..
    Best solution besides the one you mentioned, is by having the phone constantly on hand.
    Let's just hope BlackBerry heard you and put an option to choose.
    But I certainly prefer touch anywhere instead of having to look at the screen and find that mute button to silence the call.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    07-05-14 02:11 PM
    OK, just retested on my phone, it for sure does not cancel call, just silences ring after the initial ring

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    True.
    It is very ueseful! Read my post above.

Incoming call:
    1. Answer it
    2. Cancel it
    3. Touch the secreen and "let it ring" silently ;-)

07-05-14 02:11 PM
    This should solve your problem! It keeps the screen turned off, so it's safe in your pocket. Keeps your screen from getting scratched and it looks handsome while it does all that!
    07-05-14 02:53 PM

CB10'n it via da Z...30
    U miss understood what I was saying.. please read carefully. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 03:07 PM
    This should solve your problem! It keeps the screen turned off, so it's safe in your pocket. Keeps your screen from getting scratched and it looks handsome while it does all that!
    Indeed, I mentioned that as a solution on my first post, thanks for replying, but I feel it will make the phone even bigger than it is

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 03:11 PM
    I think the best solution is to use the voice comand button to silence the phone, and all issues will be gone

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 03:22 PM
    I see all reply to the silence problem, but what about the Bluetooth headset problem I mentioned, each time I press the clutch it ends the call or mute the microfone))

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 03:24 PM
    I agree! I have it too!! There is a magnetic chip that turns the screen off and locks the phone automatically, too! Very useful! Here a screenshot of the link to spare time:
    Losing important call z30-img_20140705_232406.png

07-05-14 04:26 PM
    About the leather pouch above: Its price is not high but the quality is very good! And the screen turns automatically on as soon as the device is taken out! It is far better than any other case (even hardshells)... I swear on it! Only this kind since Bold!

CerveloJohn likes this.
    07-05-14 04:29 PM
    Thanks, I think best for Mr now is to buy one, as u say not expensive and more then use full, more like needy

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 05:01 PM
    Thanks, I think best for Mr now is to buy one, as u say not expensive and more then use full, more like needy

Posted via CB10
    You surely won't regret it!
    Remember: the Blackberrysign in front, LED stays visible. Screen turns off automatically and on again. You can set some options up how phone behaves "in holster"!
    Cheers.

07-05-14 05:20 PM
    Just lock the phone before putting it in your pocket, I do so and never had a problem, always screen facing the leg and power button down.
    07-05-14 07:38 PM
    Get the BlackBerry leather flip pouch, you won't miss anything again!

STA100-6 BlackBerry Z30
    07-07-14 07:07 AM