I'm considering programming a native facebook messenger for all you lovely people. What features do you think would make it unique? What features would benefit you?

This won't be coming out straight away, as I'll only work on it in my free time, it'll be free application.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 10:51 AM
    Free? You're very kind, sir!

Start with all the features form the android/iOS version - but keep in mind:
    • There is already a fully featured native FB Messenger app, it's a paid app though;
    • We get the necessary chat parts on the native Facebook app already.

Best of luck!
    rickie8649 likes this.
    07-05-14 11:09 AM
    Great to see more developers for bb10.
    List of features
    Hub integration
    Headless support
    Instant download of messages
    Great UI

Posted via CB10
    rickie8649 likes this.
    07-05-14 11:29 AM
    Get a look on the feature list of messenger, the already native but paid Facebook messenger. If you can get those features in your free app, that would be great.

Posted via CB10
    rickie8649 likes this.
    07-05-14 11:38 AM
    What's wrong with this?
    Check out Messenger for Facebook (Lite) in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/58299022

^ personally never used it
    07-05-14 12:13 PM
    This is what I'll do then;
    I'll not put ANY code into it, ill just work on the UI, ill make it have a template(sent&received messages)? So you can see what it'll look like? Then ill give a email on the application, then you can suggest more. Then once the requests die back, ill work on the code, so then I'm not wasting time coding things people won't use, if you catch my drift?
    Since it having a good UI is the top priority!

Posted via CB10
    L_ieven and diegonei like this.
    07-05-14 12:18 PM
    What's wrong with this?
    Check out Messenger for Facebook (Lite) in BlackBerry World! You can find it at http://appworld.blackberry.com/webst...ntent/58299022

^ personally never used it
    It's not headless and most of the features of paid app are not available.

Posted via CB10
    Deanig_12 and rickie8649 like this.
    07-05-14 12:18 PM
    This is what I'll do then;
    I'll not put ANY code into it, ill just work on the UI, ill make it have a template(sent&received messages)? So you can see what it'll look like? Then ill give a email on the application, then you can suggest more. Then once the requests die back, ill work on the code, so then I'm not wasting time coding things people won't use, if you catch my drift?
    Since it having a good UI is the top priority!

Posted via CB10
    Very good sir!

Posted via CB10
    rickie8649 likes this.
    07-05-14 03:12 PM
    Looking forward to it

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 03:20 PM
    Gave a little start on the UI, once it's got more in it, ill submit for it to be onto BBWorld + ill post the bar on this thread.
    I also added a page that when you first open the application it's there, so I can't get any abuse for it "not working"!

I'm going to try having the timeline go a little like this, with each big update containing something new;
    1st- Completed UI (round about version 0.5 or 1)
    2nd- Completed Headless and Hub integration(round about version 2.5, so I can have it out to you all for 2.0, then fix any problems between the updates)
    3rd- adding more features that have been highly requested (from version 3, to 4 or 5, depending on how many requests).
    4th- Completing the application, giving you all features.
    So on- code clean up, might stop working after an update, but if that happens ill release the last version of it as a higher version, so it keep it working, keeping you with a working application!

Enjoying my little timeline I've gave myself haha!!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 06:43 PM
    Something I thought I'd add, it'll be completely free + ad free, no need to worry about darn applications!

Thought I'd post that while it was on my mind.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 08:18 PM
    Would the ability to have multiple accounts logged in at once help anyone?

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 08:45 AM
    You know I love your idea and because you are actually helping BlackBerry.. but what I do miss is a native Facebook Messenger.. ours sucks. And I don't want to be using any Android version App.. just saying

Posted via CB10 App
    07-06-14 09:18 AM
    Something I thought I'd add, it'll be completely free + ad free, no need to worry about darn applications!

Thought I'd post that while it was on my mind.

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly my idea,free quality apps I am still learning developing but once done I'll follow the same path. This will not only boost quality apps but also bring some challenges to the competition.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 09:26 AM
    That's exactly my idea, free quality apps I am still learning developing but once done I'll follow the same path. This will not only boost quality apps but also bring some challenges to the competition.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 09:26 AM
    That's exactly my idea,free quality apps I am still learning developing but once done I'll follow the same path. This will not only boost quality apps but also bring some challenges to the competition.

Posted via CB10
    Me too having the same idea

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 10:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    I've done 2 years at college, going onto to my 3rd for HND Software Development, I find the easiest way to learn a new language is by looking at the samples it provides. Fully understand the way they work and link to each file, can then help you produce good quality software!

Posted via CB10
    dikku11 likes this.
    07-06-14 10:33 AM
    You know I love your idea and because you are actually helping BlackBerry.. but what I do miss is a native Facebook Messenger.. ours sucks. And I don't want to be using any Android version App.. just saying

Posted via CB10 App
    Won't be android version at all, 100% built for blackberry!

Posted via CB10
    00_Agent likes this.
    07-06-14 10:40 AM
    Update on situation, fully done the login page, ill be posting BAR once I've got the chat template done.
    I'm going to have options to within the program on uploading VIA the program, to some cloud services, not all will be done within the program though (they will come along at the exact sometime as the full version of the client.
    I've had a little look into Headless support, I've worked on something and seems like it is working for now, in a later version ill let you test it for me.

My spelling/grammer isn't tictoc, so in just before full release/during the feature building, I'd like it if you could inform me on my errors, so I'm not going to say "full version" that's full of grammer and spelling mistakes.

Posted via CB10
    00_Agent and Rowan M like this.
    07-06-14 05:42 PM
    You should just ask nemory if you can bug fix his

All the features are there

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 06:28 PM
    You should just ask nemory if you can bug fix his

All the features are there

Posted via CB10
    What's offered in the paid application will be in my free application!

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 06:41 PM
    What's offered in the paid application will be in my free application!

Posted via CB10
    Haha true do it up

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 07:22 PM
    BB10 Facebook Messenger-img_20140707_021257.png
    Not the actual login screen that I've created for the final release. But I've quickly slapped this one together so I'm not showing what it'll look like, but if i could get help, don't know if it's the fact it's 2:14am meaning I've been up for a full 37hours, or if it's just actually became something I've bumped into.

Using this exact page, there is a facebook API on the internet somewhere (I believe), and if someone could find it, then just post the link in here, would be greatly thankful, ill put you as a mention on the final release(permanent, your name shall never move!).

Off to sleep like a baby now haha!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5818411) likes this.
    07-06-14 08:17 PM
    Had a look at it, ignore my last question after some sleep I got it!

Another idea I've put into my list of features;
    In settings, ill have tabs one of those tabs will be notification settings.
    When the phone picks up that it's face down, the flash will flash once for each new message you received. In the settings you can change how many times it flashes, or you can disable it all together.

It'll be off by default.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 08:01 AM
    Good feature

Posted via CB10
    rickie8649 likes this.
    07-07-14 08:45 AM
77 123 ...