So, the BlackBerry branding is dwelling 300 feet underground even for carriers now... Having in mind that most carriers around the globe didn't even carry the Z30, do you think we'll see the Passport or the Classic with the same availability as the Z10 or Q10?

I never spend a big amount of money on phones, so I kind of depend on the plans my carrier will provide me, if they don't carry either one of these, that could possibly mean I stop using BlackBerry 10...

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 08:59 PM
    So, the BlackBerry branding is dwelling 300 feet underground even for carriers now... Having in mind that most carriers around the globe didn't even carry the Z30, do you think we'll see the Passport or the Classic with the same availability as the Z10 or Q10?

I never spend a big amount of money on phones, so I kind of depend on the plans my carrier will provide me, if they don't carry either one of these, that could possibly mean I stop using BlackBerry 10...

Posted via CB10
    In my opinion carriers that opt to carry them will do so by phone order or online only. They won't risk stocking them.

Z30 via CB10 on VZW from Philly
    07-04-14 09:04 PM
    Well Verizon will probably carry both, or maybe just the classic. Maybe AT&T, since they've stated how "supportive" they are of BlackBerry. Who knows really. All I know, and it sucks for me, is that t-mobile won't have either and I'll have to buy unlocked :/
    EsJayDee and miguel89to like this.
    07-04-14 09:08 PM
    Perhaps BlackBerry will add an incentive to carriers to spark their interest, should work, can't hurt!

Q10 with Telus on 10.3.0.296
    07-04-14 09:10 PM
    Well Verizon will probably carry both, or maybe just the classic. Maybe AT&T, since they've stated how "supportive" they are of BlackBerry. Who knows really. All I know, and it sucks for me, is that t-mobile won't have either and I'll have to buy unlocked :/
    VZW and AT&T for sure even if just leftover from Enterprise users as businesses will upgrade to either and VZW and AT&T have thousands of BES users.

Z30 via CB10 on VZW from Philly
    Monsterlad likes this.
    07-04-14 09:11 PM

Posted via CB10
    Trust me, you're paying for the phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 10:16 PM
    Sprint will carry the passport or the classic. I don't see them carrying 2 new blackberry's with physical keyboard. I hope I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 12:35 AM
    I only see verizon getting both.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 07:22 PM
    That's what I though too, I see verizon carrying the devices but not other carriers, definitely not T-Mobile.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 11:14 PM
    Don't care because it will be on sale through shop BlackBerry plus unlocked

Be proud - BlackBerry by Choice
    07-07-14 11:22 PM
    They will drag their feet and wait to see if it catches on. In the past, some of these companies were looking for an iPhone killer to try to reign in Apple's bargaining power. There's no hope of that with these phones so it will pretty much be about sales volume and niche products can wait.
    07-07-14 11:22 PM
    I hope to god they do.

Sent from my white Q1! The GOAT device!
    07-07-14 11:27 PM
    I can see Verizon getting stock for both, possibly AT&T, but that's it. I'm almost 100% certain T-mobile won't.

I'm with Verizon, if they don't offer I will have to jump ship. Atleast with any other carrier I can buy one from shopblackberry and it will work fully.

Posted via CB10
    07-08-14 11:02 PM
    In EU probably most of them will carry it, in US its kind of tricky due to whole market being polluted by only few carriers.

I would probably get Passport unlocked, not waiting on anybody.
    07-09-14 05:36 AM
    Well I hope at least one carrier has it on display so I can get some hands on before taking the plunge.....

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 07:45 AM
    Because BlackBerry has so little market to defend here in the US, I'm worried that Chen may be tempted to go with another exclusive arrangement, just like they did with the Z30 and Verizon. Doh!

Getting carriers to offer phones which are unlikely to sell in large numbers is going to be an uphill battle, which is why there is already so much talk of buying unlocked versions at full price. The Passport's price at launch will not be cheap, if past BlackBerry pricing strategy is any clue!

Z-30/STA 100-5/10.3.0.700+.296/T-Mobile USA
    07-09-14 07:53 AM
    Hoping Sprint gets the Passport, but I doubt they will. Almost time to upgrade my work phone so as long as AT&T gets it I may be able to get one if I like it .
    07-09-14 12:01 PM
    Sprint will carry the passport or the classic. I don't see them carrying 2 new blackberry's with physical keyboard. I hope I'm wrong.

Posted via CB10
    I don't see Sprint carrying either the Classic or the Passport. Ever since they reneged on their announced intention to carry the Z30 it has been clear they aren't going to support Blackberry at all.
    07-09-14 12:13 PM
    I don't see Sprint carrying either the Classic or the Passport. Ever since they reneged on their announced intention to carry the Z30 it has been clear they aren't going to support Blackberry at all.
    I think you are right. Sprint will not carry either phones. I honestly don't think we will ever see a new blackberry phone in any of sprints stores. AT&T probably won't either.

Verizon is a possibility but they won't be in many stores. They will probably do mostly online sales. I don't think I've ever even seen a Z30 inside a Verizon.

Posted on my Z30
    07-09-14 12:22 PM
    I would hope they would pull a Google, and sell the device unlocked on their site at a lower cost to encourage adoption. At this point I have to believe that if the Classic and Passport portfolio does not take off, it's over. It's in Mr Chen's best interest to get high adoption numbers, whether he wants BlackBerry to succeed on its own or be a buyout target.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 01:23 PM
    I would hope they would pull a Google, and sell the device unlocked on their site at a lower cost to encourage adoption. At this point I have to believe that if the Classic and Passport portfolio does not take off, it's over. It's in Mr Chen's best interest to get high adoption numbers, whether he wants BlackBerry to succeed on its own or be a buyout target.

Posted via CB10
    As long as he sells 10kk devices, he'll give continuation to the hardware part of the company.

Posted via CB10
    07-09-14 08:39 PM
    Well they carry the Q10 and still sell the 9930 so I don't think they are done with Blackberry, maybe just not interested in Blackberry touch phones. Only time will tell.
    07-10-14 11:58 AM
    The carriers are much more likely to carry smartphones that they have already approve and ones that are logical upgrades of current offerings. They are not as likely to jump on the bandwagon for something that is new and does not have its own niche yet. My guess is that they will take a "wait and see" approach.

The only chance for Blackberry to get any buy-in for the Passport is to offer a exclusive to a carrier for 3-6 months. Even then, I think it will be hard sell for something that has looks that only a mother could love. I have a feeling that the hype over the Passport may be significantly tempered by indifference among the carriers.
    07-10-14 12:11 PM
    The sad reality is that because of the carrier situation, especially in the US, not everyone is going to have a chance to purchase this device, unless purchasing online from shop BlackBerry. This, will undoubtedly hurt BlackBerry's bottom line, as a lot of BB users are not capable/willing to shell-out a sh^t load of money at one time. I will get one when it becomes available to the US market, because i have been saving up for some time now for a high-end BlackBerry KB phone with enough RAM, screen size and resolution to get me to bite. I was beginning to think that the day was never coming, but I am glad that it did. I am also looking forward to the day when this comes about in full touchscreen.
    07-10-14 12:41 PM
    Funny that everyone expects Verizon to get these phones. AT&T used to be on the cutting edge of new and different devices. Verizon would follow a year or so behind.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 04:08 PM