I'm on Bell Canada and I have found a new S5 locked to Rogers, if I get the rogers phone factory unlocked and it's not blacklisted, will my Z10's sim work in the S5? More importantly, will my "blackberry data package" work with my S5? No one at Bell can seem to answer that question and they won't honor the 6gig package I have if I resign from them so my only option is to keep everything the same and toss the SIM in an S5. I'm not sure what the proper wording is but I was pretty sure with BB10 they got rid of that proprietary blackberry data plan/setup so it SHOULD work, right?
    07-03-14 07:54 PM
    07-03-14 07:58 PM
    Yes
    Thanks for the reply, are you100%? I know the SIM is the same size but my "blackberry plan" with bell will work on the S5? AND an unlocked rogers phone will also work?

I just don't want to buy a phone off craigslist and have it not work.
    07-03-14 08:11 PM
    I'm on Telus and I just switched the sims myself and I never change any thing.

Posted on CB10
    07-03-14 08:12 PM
    Also what do you mean by blackberry plan, thought they dropped those when they came out with the bb10

Posted on CB10
    07-03-14 08:13 PM
    Sorry. Those plans were for the bbos7 how much data do you get on your plan.

Posted on CB10
    07-03-14 08:14 PM
    When I bought my Z10, I kept my small business plan on bell. The plan was originally set up with my 9800. 6 gigs of data for next to nothing! I refuse to give that up!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 09:01 PM
    Then you should be good to go,

Posted on CB10
    07-03-14 09:13 PM
    When I bought my Z10, I kept my small business plan on bell. The plan was originally set up with my 9800. 6 gigs of data for next to nothing! I refuse to give that up!

Posted via CB10
    You'll have to when your contract is up. 2 year contracts are the max and it's changed all the numbers. I called retention and said I'd just cancel and they where happy to lose a customer over it.

Also what do you mean by blackberry plan, thought they dropped those when they came out with the bb10

Posted on CB10
    That's essentially what my question is. I'm fairly sure if it was a random bell phone i could take the sim card out and use it in the unlocked s5 without problem but every time I ask someone they are "unsure" because of the "blackberry plan". I had thought that after os10 it was esentially the same thing.
    07-04-14 12:07 AM
    There's no special "BlackBerry plan" with BB10 phones.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 01:03 AM
    So any smart phone should work on the bell data plan that i have with my z10?
    07-04-14 02:32 AM
    So any smart phone should work on the bell data plan that i have with my z10?
    When I went into a Bell store asking about switching sim cards between a BB Z30 and an iPhone 5s they told me the data wouldn't work on my Z30 if I didn't have a "Blackberry Plan". I said I thought with BB 10 I can just use any ordinary data plan so he checked with his manager and said "no, it wont work" so I stayed with Telus because they don't require a "Blackberry Plan" for data to work on my Z30.
    07-04-14 02:48 AM
    When I went into a Bell store asking about switching sim cards between a BB Z30 and an iPhone 5s they told me the data wouldn't work on my Z30 if I didn't have a "Blackberry Plan". I said I thought with BB 10 I can just use any ordinary data plan so he checked with his manager and said "no, it wont work" so I stayed with Telus because they don't require a "Blackberry Plan" for data to work on my Z30.
    I've now talked to three people at Bell and they explain it in a way where they're pretty sure it will work but don't want to actually say and/or admit it will. I don't know if that's because they don't want to lose a phone sale or if it's because they simple just don't know anything about what they're selling. I tend to think the latter. I'd like one for sure answer though.

How could I quickly test it? Would it just be as simple as putting in the sim, firing it up and seeing if it will access some web pages on the browser? I guess the problem with that is I have to take the phone to get unlocked so I'd have to buy it, unlock it and then test it.

Surely someone has switched back and forth between a blackberry and something else lately!?
    07-04-14 04:09 AM
    I've jumped from my Z10 to a Note 3 to an iPhone 5c and my plan never changed. It's because the Z10 doesn't require a BIS right?

Sent from my larger than life device using Tapatalk.
    07-04-14 05:49 AM
    IPhone is a nano sim. Z10 is micro sim. You can't switch sim but have to get a new one.

From my z30
    07-04-14 05:52 AM
    IPhone is a nano sim. Z10 is micro sim. You can't switch sim but have to get a new one.

From my z30
    No you don't. Use a SIM adapter. Problem solved!

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.
    07-04-14 08:17 AM
    No you don't. Use a SIM adapter. Problem solved!

Sent from Blue 32 using Tapatalk Pro.
    Cool! I didn't know that they have those! Wish I knew before.

However it costs more than a new sim card from my provider, but I guess it can serve multiple uses

From my z30
    07-04-14 10:26 AM
    I wanted to upgrade my wife's iphone to a Z10 while still under contract. Bell also told me I needed to change my plan to a "BlackBerry Plan" with a new 2 year contract. Her iPhone plan was great. 6gb data, my fave10 etc. And didn't want to give that up. I did some research and found that Bell was and is still lying to its customers about the new BlackBerry 10 phones requiring special plans. Not required!! I know this isn't exactly your situation, but if you have a regular data plan and it's working fine in your Z10, no reason it won't work in your android.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 11:07 AM
    I wanted to upgrade my wife's iphone to a Z10 while still under contract. Bell also told me I needed to change my plan to a "BlackBerry Plan" with a new 2 year contract. Her iPhone plan was great. 6gb data, my fave10 etc. And didn't want to give that up. I did some research and found that Bell was and is still lying to its customers about the new BlackBerry 10 phones requiring special plans. Not required!! I know this isn't exactly your situation, but if you have a regular data plan and it's working fine in your Z10, no reason it won't work in your android.

Posted via CB10

Best reply yet, thanks. On my way to grab a new phone now.
    07-04-14 03:32 PM
    Yup. My wife is happily rocking a z10 on her same plan with Rogers that she had with iPhone. Like I said I just got her a new sim card with nfc payment so she can also take advantage of mobile wallets

From my z30
    07-05-14 11:22 AM
    I changed from galaxy s2 to z30. They tried this BlackBerry plan on me, I said I don't need it and don't want to change my plan. They reluctantly gave me a new micro sim and away I went. The only thing that doesn't work is BlackBerry Protect.

I have a feeling Bell switched me to a BlackBerry plan so I can get protect but with the same cost data etc that I had before... I didn't want to give up my 6gig data plan which is relatively cheap to what they offer now.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:34 AM
    Pray that the phone isn't on the national black list. Or being traced by its owner and police lol

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 11:35 AM
    In case someone is looking for this info in the future, the S5 worked just fine.

Pray that the phone isn't on the national black list. Or being traced by its owner and police lol

Posted via CB10
    Pray that one is smart enough to make sure a phone isn't black listed before they purchase it:

Check the Status of Your Device in Canada | Protect Your Data. Protect Yourself.
    07-07-14 03:42 AM