Finally reached the breaking point after having my Z10 for over a year. I hope for Blackberry's sake that the Z30, Q5 and the Q10 are better. I have met a pretty happy Z30 user who claimed for example that the battery life was excellent on that phone.

Let's be honest, it's NOT a business phone IMO. It is however a pretty good paper weight.

In order to qualify as a business phone

1) The phone should be realiable. By reliable I mean, the speaker should always work. I've had intermettant problems with the microphone for a long time. Today as a last straw, mid conversation, my microphone just stopped working. Is this a known issue? Sure. Lots of threads about microphone problems. Hardware or software? Let's be honest, nobody wants to trade in multiple phones or wait for the "next software update" for the most important functionality to work.

2) SMS messaging should work. Again, fail. After your SMS reaches a certain size, it takes a long time to load and more importantly, there is no simple way to save messages to a file. A business person could actually want to log conversations to a file.

3) The battery life should be reasonable or it should be easy to keep it idle. Hell, I've got multiple side batteries for this reason. Left phone over night forgot to plug it in; it was fully charged and I had it on 10 second screen time out. By morning, it was almost dead.

4) It shouldn't take a long time to start up. Like the Playbook, start up time is slow as well, it takes about 1-2 minutes to boot up. So, is it a complete write off? Well, what's frustrating is, no. It has an excellent (hardware) camera. It's extremely durable although if you crack the screen, unlike the iPhone, the touch screen becomes unusable. (I cracked both my iphone and my Blackberry, eventually, over the ownership period.). If manage to find some multimedia (for example cokeandpopcorn.eu or whatever), it has awesome image quality on the device. It's got some beautiful hardware. And, ..., I "love" the hub and the ease of switching tasks on the phone, finding applications (except when the search doesn't work which is about 10% of the time).

5) Contacts should always be easy to access. When I go to the hub, the contact list is wrong whereas it's fine when I go directly to the main contacts menu.

In this "agile" world, was it so hard to make sure the most important 20% of the functionality is always solid?
    07-03-14 04:12 PM
    I agree some what, but it does have a removable battery, and i strongly agree with the comment on the Z30 thats what i use at work and it get great battery life,
    07-03-14 04:22 PM
    Users are entitled to their own opinions. I disagree.
    07-03-14 04:22 PM
    I disagree OP.

My Z10 has had no hardware problems whatsoever.

SMS works smoothly.

Yes the Z30 had a larger screen and is faster but the Z10 more than holds it's own.

Yesterday I received two documents back from clients which needed confirmation and electronic signatures. I logged in and did them both online very quickly as I was sitting at the kitchen table. No laptop or tablet was needed.

As far as reliability, this past Tuesday I had to do a battery pull because the phone froze. I don't ever recall that happening with my Z10 before. It has been solid.
    Last edited by LoneStarRed; 07-03-14 at 05:35 PM.
    07-03-14 04:56 PM
    I disagree OP. I don't have your issues on my Z10. If your battery went from 100% to dead in standby overnight then you own a lemon. You should have swapped it out a year ago.
    07-03-14 05:00 PM
    I disagree with O.P. I've had my Z10 since the day it came on the market. Unlocked it right away and use Bell, Tmobie USA, Virgin UK and Tim Italy sim cards on my travels. Aprox 200 email, BBM and 3 hrs voice every day.
    So far not a burp or hiccup from it. I always run the latest carrier os and have a multitude of android apps on it.
    Best BlackBerry i've ever had.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74, npunk42, codiak and 2 others like this.
    07-03-14 05:09 PM
    Glad I don't have these issues. Business is booming and the 9 Z10s that we all use work great!

Via CB10 VZW Z10 & .3175 OS
    rayporsche, npunk42, web99 and 2 others like this.
    07-03-14 05:15 PM
    There do seem to be a lot of lemons around though!?

Don't ya think?

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247
    jmaxim917 and JGoodard like this.
    07-03-14 05:46 PM
    I don't agree either. I use my phone 80% of the time for business. I get emails, texts, calls, print pics, take pics, all on a daily basis and I have have very few hiccups in almost a year of ownership. I will admit that I switch to an iPhone 5s from time to time but I can't stand the iPhone for more than a few days and then I switch right back to my Z10. Mine had held up great and I'm happy with it.

Verizon Z10 STL100-4 10.2.1.3247
    npunk42, web99 and mbfernandes57 like this.
    07-03-14 06:25 PM
    I absolutely DONT agree.

16 months with the same Z10, no issues.

Posted via CB10
    stevepar, codiak and mas_quemex like this.
    07-03-14 07:10 PM
    What's your OS version OP?

Q10 SQN100-3 | Z30 STA100-2 |10.2.1.3175 iPhone 4s IOS 7.xx
    07-03-14 07:15 PM
    I don't agree either. I've never had an issue and I got my Z10 the day it was available in Canada.
    This sounds more like a rant to me.

Posted via CB10
    mas_quemex likes this.
    07-03-14 07:36 PM
    OP: Something must be wrong with your phone, or your user environment.

We have several BlackBerry10 devices, (and iPhone's + Androids) - and lots of Z10's...

1)
    We have never had any issues with speakers or microphone of any of our Z10 devices

2)
    I don't know anyone using / relying on SMS for business. We use Email for archiving and history purposes, and to be able to adhere to regulations when it comes to contracts.

3)
    Compared to our users iPhones and Android devices, the Z10 users have by far the best battery time

4)
    As business user, the phone never needs be off in the first place. Always On- always available, unless in silent mode etc. Why does it matter if it takes 40 or 55 seconds to start?

5)
    Contacts are more than good compared to the other platforms, and the ability to collect data about contacts directly into the contact list- correspondence history etc.. it's a winner for business.
    There has been some glitches when it comes to linking different contact profiles together (bbm/twitter/facebook etc)- but this is not a real game-stopper
    mas_quemex, npunk42 and THBW like this.
    07-03-14 08:14 PM
    Happy Z10 user here. Most of the people complain about Z10's battery life but it is (at least mine) so much better than SGS3 and equivalent to iPhone 4S. Z10 was praised and had its Glory (except in the battery dept) until Z30 came out. Now I understand, its a trend to bash older phones to justify the purchase of the latest phones.
    07-03-14 08:28 PM
    OP, most of the issues U had are mainly hardware I believe.
    Get a Z30. Flawless so far.
    I can't speak on behalf of Z10 users, but we have the same OS, no?
    I answer your no2 issue coz I'm also doing business and sometimes I do save text messages and send all the chats to my email and remember app for record purposes.
    Don't you have this when you open your texts in hub?

[Opinion] My Z10 really isn't a business phone.-img_20140704_093606.png

U tap on copy chat and paste it wherever you want. In remember app or email.

Posted from my Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3247
    07-03-14 08:38 PM
    Happy Z10 user here. Most of the people complain about Z10's battery life but it is (at least mine) so much better than SGS3 and equivalent to iPhone 4S. Z10 was praised and had its Glory (except in the battery dept) until Z30 came out. Now I understand, its a trend to bash older phones to justify the purchase of the latest phones.
    Well said.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74 likes this.
    07-03-14 08:43 PM
    I disagree strongly. I use mine for business, traveling worldwide, it works perfectly. My battery life has gotten much better, but I can also change the battery. I have three. When I hop off a plane in Hong Kong or some other place, I see iPhone users looking for the nearest plug, I pop in a fresh battery.

My phone has been reliable and it has no issues. I love the fact I can easily share files via blue tooth with my laptop. It allows me to view full websites instead of just mobile sites including flash. That is handy when using some airlines' websites. Being able to use the HDMI output to a TV is nice as well. I have four email addresses going to it and it works easily. I have no issues with SMS messaging. BBM works very well and I use it all day. It is a great phone.

Posted via CB10
    Jrox74, mas_quemex and npunk42 like this.
    07-03-14 08:56 PM
    I also disagree with the OP. I've had mine for just over a year with no issues. Get through the day with a single charge and I've had no hardware issues at all. I use my phone primarily for business.

Posted via CB10
    mas_quemex likes this.
    07-03-14 09:17 PM
    Disagree. 15 months with my Z10. Everybody knows that the Z shoulda had a better battery, but it didn't, so I bought a battery bundle. Problem solved. The os is what makes all of BlackBerry's phones business phones. Love my Z, was going to get a Z30, but now gotta have the Passport!

Posted via CB10
    mas_quemex likes this.
    07-03-14 09:24 PM
    Sorry that you have the problems you state with your Z10. I have to disagree I run 2 businesses with my Z10 & it does everything I need from accessing documents to keeping me connected in areas that others are not. I'm on my 2nd Z10 as my first one was stolen. Yes the battery could be better however it is better that my girlfriends iPhone and she is not even a heavy user. For me the Z10 fits all my needs better than anything else. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and mine is that the Z10 is a fantastic business phone. I hope you find the phone that fits your needs.. Rocking 24-7 w/ my Z10 & 64GB PlayBook.
    mas_quemex likes this.
    07-03-14 09:27 PM
    The speaker, at least with mine, can sometimes not work. It's hardware related. You need to mess with the speaker a bit (gentle press) to get it to work again. Almost gave me heart attack, that nasty problem

This is the second Z10 I've got, the first also used to exhibit the same behavior.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3175
    07-03-14 09:39 PM
    The only thing I agree is that the battery life is weak but that issue was solved with a battery charger bundle.

I just have not seen the issues mentioned by the op.

I use the z10 for email, txt messages and document editing on the train ride to and from the office. The only phone that could make me switch from the z10 is the forthcoming classic......and it is going to have to knock my socks off for me to switch.

Posted via CB10
    mas_quemex likes this.
    07-03-14 09:41 PM
    I disagree. Only issue with my Z10 would be the battery which lasts from 6-8 hours depending on usage. I have an extra battery to solve that.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 09:44 PM
    I receives emails with PDF attachments everyday and it works great, no issue with sms, whatsapp, Line with all social medias running in the back (Path, FB, twitter, LinkedIn). Battery left around 30% from 100% for around 10 hrs.
    07-03-14 09:51 PM
    So... a serious "business" person would return a defective phone or get it fixed. Maybe?
    Jrox74, sum one, bungaboy and 5 others like this.
    07-03-14 09:58 PM
120 123 ...