I'm tired of recalibrating my z10's battery indicator from time to time because this issue comes back every 3-4 weeks. I love my phone but hates it when it returns to having a miscalibrated battery. Hope future updates would have a permanent fix on this!
    07-03-14 04:06 AM
    I know how bad it is, especially when you mainly use the battery pack...

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 04:14 AM
    I know... it is very annoying... but I would not really mind and keep my phone's battery levels more than 20% always...

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    07-03-14 05:42 AM
    Remember the days when you had to pull the battery because your blackberry was frozen? Or you would run through two operations and have to wait for the spinning clock to go away? Or you'd have to do a battery pull to recover memory?

If having the battery indicator read 96% instead of 100% and I have to unplug and plug it back in for it to read 100% OS my only worry, then I'll take BB10 over legacy any day of the week!

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 11:45 AM
    Try installing another firmware.
    07-05-14 01:08 PM
    Remember the days when you had to pull the battery because your blackberry was frozen? Or you would run through two operations and have to wait for the spinning clock to go away? Or you'd have to do a battery pull to recover memory?

If having the battery indicator read 96% instead of 100% and I have to unplug and plug it back in for it to read 100% OS my only worry, then I'll take BB10 over legacy any day of the week!

Posted via CB10
    It's not only that

Sometimes that thing gets so bad (especially on STL100-1's) that it'll go completely whack and your phone will turn of at random percentages such as 34% because it thinks it's out of battery

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 01:18 PM
    Try connecting your device to your charger and while still connected and powered on, remove the battery for a minute to reboot. Then put the battery back in and fully charge it to 100%. I've read it somewhere and it works for most people. I'll give you the link when I found it.

10.3.0.296 on ZedOneZero
    07-05-14 02:54 PM
    Even on 10.3 leak for Stl100-1 models this bug sometimes appear hate this issue very much

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 03:49 PM
    Isnt this fixed on the latest 10.2.1?

Differentiate or Die
    07-05-14 04:04 PM
    I read somewhere that all the battery issues are gonna be resolved in 10.3...not sure though..hopefully it's true

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 04:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    How does this make any sense? It's like saying instead of having yourself force fed cowdung every day you now only get force fed that dung every week. :facepalm:

Let's all just remember when 640kb of memory was "enough for anyone"
    07-05-14 05:15 PM
    Is this really a software problem? Or is it a hardware problem.

Im using 10.3 but I do have problem with the batt died at 10%. When I charged it the batt shows 7% but when I tried to use it when back to 0% and it kept dying everytime I tried to use it.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 05:19 PM
    I know how bad it is, especially when you mainly use the battery pack...

Posted via CB10
    Swaping batteries can be a reason for this.
    OP did not answer since his posting... I noticed this indeed since I've a sencond battery. It bothers me not seeing 100%
    I although charge the phone over night regularily and the battery is full in the morning. When charging it over the day (the usual 2-2.5 hours) or just swaping a charged battery, the indicator says 96% never more than 98%

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-05-14 05:32 PM
    Is this really a software problem? Or is it a hardware problem.

Im using 10.3 but I do have problem with the batt died at 10%. When I charged it the batt shows 7% but when I tried to use it when back to 0% and it kept dying everytime I tried to use it.

Posted via CB10
    In general the Z10 has mediocre battery life. Full brightness on 3g/lte 4-5 hours. Gaming brings it to 3 hours.

However there have been a lot of complaints about the stl100-1 model which uses a TI chipset with regards to battery accuracy. TI has since exited the business. It's a lot more complicated than a windows pc where you just plug in a different processor.

Even if they want to optimise, there is no one left at TI to help them...
    07-05-14 05:32 PM
    Swaping batteries can be a reason for this.
    OP did not answer since his posting... I noticed this indeed since I've a sencond battery. It bothers me not seeing 100%
    I although charge the phone over night regularily and the battery is full in the morning. When charging it over the day or just swaping a charged battery, the indicator says 96% never more than 98%

Almost all phones do this. And laptops as well. It's part of the battery charging logic to prolong the life of the battery. Google it.
    07-05-14 05:33 PM
    Almost all phones do this. And laptops as well. It's part of the battery charging logic to prolong the life of the battery. Google it.
    Can't find it... give me a link, please!
    I have 2 batteries. Both full. When I swap, the phone shows 96%
    What is the charging logic??

07-05-14 05:38 PM
    Can't find it... give me a link, please!
    I have 2 batteries. Both full. When I swap, the phone shows 96%
    What is the charging logic??

Even though your indicator is saying 100% it usually cuts off, let it drop to 96-98% before it resumes charging.

If you swap battery the phone recognises it's a new battery and reports the true value. On corporate grade laptops u can actually manually set these thresholds, but the downside is less battery longevity.

Even though I'm not a fan of the shirt battery life, I doubt this is is a hardware or Z10 issue.
    07-05-14 05:45 PM
    This is actually a heard issue especially for STL1 versions of the Z10. I'm on 10.3 (Z10STL100-1/10.3.0.700) and it should persists.

Perhaps a brand new battery will help here but I have doubts on that as well.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 06:02 PM
    Even though your indicator is saying 100% it usually cuts off, let it drop to 96-98% before it resumes charging.

If you swap battery the phone recognises it's a new battery and reports the true value. On corporate grade laptops u can actually manually set these thresholds, but the downside is less battery longevity.

Even though I'm not a fan of the shirt battery life, I doubt this is is a hardware or Z10 issue.
    This explains to me, why taking a battery out for about 10-15 min then recharging it to 'full'/100% "recalibrates" it!

07-05-14 06:06 PM
    This explains to me, why taking a battery out for about 10-15 min then recharging it to 'full'/100% "recalibrates" it!

No clue what you're trying to say. Can you make an effort to explain in a more coherent manner?
    07-05-14 06:29 PM
    It's not only that

Sometimes that thing gets so bad (especially on STL100-1's) that it'll go completely whack and your phone will turn of at random percentages such as 34% because it thinks it's out of battery

Posted via CB10
    Guess I'm glad I don't have an STL100-1 then. Also, I've never experienced my phone shutting down unless it was completely out of juice. My only issue is that it gets stuck at 96% sometimes while charging.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 06:36 PM
    How does this make any sense? It's like saying instead of having yourself force fed cowdung every day you now only get force fed that dung every week. :facepalm:

Don't forget how happy we were when we found out we could use 384kb of extended memory!!! '

Post via BlackBerry ZedAche 10.2.1.2102 (2141)
    07-05-14 06:51 PM

First off your analogies are horrible by the way, just sayin! Secondly, it makes complete sense for one to be excepting of what I consider a minor flaw (IMO) after being subjected to many years of BlackBerry's previous device iterations.

Sure is this issue annoying to some, maybe (obviously I've gotten over it). But it?s a far cry from the days of BBOS and its ability to crap out at any moment for no damn good reason.

Posted via CB10
    afhstingray likes this.
    07-05-14 06:51 PM
    First off your analogies are horrible by the way, just sayin! Secondly, it makes complete sense for one to be excepting of what I consider a minor flaw (IMO) after being subjected to many years of BlackBerry's previous device iterations.

Sure is this issue annoying to some, maybe (obviously I've gotten over it). But it?s a far cry from the days of BBOS and its ability to crap out at any moment for no damn good reason.

Posted via CB10
    It assumes blackberry is operating in a vacuum. They stagnated for way too long. So if I may give another analogy, of course upgrading from win3.1 to windowsNT would be super awesome..

Sadly your competitors are already at winXP or even Win7 levels.
    07-05-14 07:03 PM
    It assumes blackberry is operating in a vacuum. They stagnated for way too long. So if I may give another analogy, of course upgrading from win3.1 to windowsNT would be super awesome..

Sadly your competitors are already at winXP or even Win7 levels.
    Hardly, I wouldn't consider Android, iOS or WP any more or less advanced then BlackBerry. That?s where your analogy falls short. Each platform has their own pros and cons, advantages and disadvantages, issues and shortcomings to deal with.

I'm just saying in comparison to what I had in my hands as a BlackBerry device less then a year and half ago, BB10 and some of its smaller inefficiencies are tolerable given its progress.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 09:38 PM