View Poll Results: What new BlackBerry device are you waiting for the most?

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Passport (as it will be the next QWERTY flagship and that's what I need!)

25 21.01%
  • Z50 (or whatever Z30's successor will be called like. I really need a FULL-TOUCH flagship!)

83 69.75%
  • BlackBerry hasn't come up with the device of my dreams yet!

11 9.24%
    Guys, sorry if it has been done before. But reading throughout forums I can see there's a huge desire for the successor of Z30 among many crackberians. Yet, a lot of people say Passport is the way to go for BlackBerry and all-touch devices are kinda overestimated and cannot save BBRY.

As a Z30 lover myself, I'd like to know how many of you are actually gonna be satisfied with Passport (as a new QWERTY flagship) and how many are going to wait for the Z30's successor.

Hopefully, someone at BlackBerry will see this poll and make decisions. (Whatever results would be.)
    anon2100101 likes this.
    07-02-14 11:15 AM
    Passport is a cool looking device, and it's very encouraging to see the interest in it this early. But it won't be for me. I'm waiting for a suitable successor to the Z30, preferably close to the same size; and if at&t doesn't support it, this time I will switch to a carrier that does.
    07-02-14 11:20 AM
    I LOVE my Z30. I am content with this marvelous BlackBerry 10 all-touch device and haven't seen enough from the competitors to make my phone feel outdated or inadequate.

With the upcoming Passport device, BlackBerry has proven once again that they are not only confident in their identity as a productivity platform but also ready to continue innovating and improving their devices, software and market perception. I am glad that they are taking their time with hardware releases because I would like the next all-touch device to be a similarly significant feature-rich improvement and not just a minor revision to satisfy lazy comparisons of size and pixels.

I don't currently see any significant need to upgrade. It's such a pity that the computer enterprise has created this culture of waste where people are encouraged to ditch their tech after a year or two even though they could still perform satisfactorily.

1. Screen/Size:
    This is obviously the first spec that smartphone enthusiasts look at. I hope the Z50 retains the same dimensions as the Z30. There's no need to sacrifice ergonomics for the sake of shallow "Mine is bigger than yours" comparisons with phablets. In fact, if BlackBerry could reduce the size a little bit, then it could even strike a better balance with the petite dimensions of the Z10 or IPhone. A theoretical phablet would then have a better defined niche. PPI would be higher and battery life potentially better.

2. CPU/RAM
    This is another area where companies just add cores to satisfy the spec addicts. I truly hope that putting in an expensive CPU doesn't increase the cost of the device when current software just doesn't seem to have caught up to multicore architectures. Companies with quad core phones actually throttle them to save power or boost single core performance. I would rather lose a Javascript benchmark but be able to have more apps or Web Browser tabs open. This requires more RAM than CPU. With the foreground app using one core and background apps using the second, it could be possible to have a fast, power efficient dual core with 3GB+ RAM like the Passport.

3. Storage:
    I would like to see faster flash on the device with an UHS compatible USB3 SD slot. People have complained about apps taking up all the internal space on their 16GB Z30s so it will be interesting to see if BlackBerry opts for installing to SD or more Flash. I prefer the former. BlackBerry could just offer a super fast 8-16GB internal flash and let end users manage their own extra storage. How often do people swap out their SD cards anyway. With the Z30 USB OTG, it is easy to read directly off a USB3 flash drive or card reader.

4. Cameras:
    Instead of "more-better-bigger megapixels" I hope BlackBerry goes for low-light performance, faster shutter, image stabilization and software upgrades in the cameras. In fact, if they could put a previous-generation rear camera in the front they could lock up the selfie market. People seem to forget that the IPhone 4 had a 5MP rear camera and still took great photos. More megapixels would require greater processing and storage requirements as has been demonstrated in the current "best specs ever" leaders. I still prefer to take pictures with my bulky 5-year-old 8MP point and shoot because it is fast (without flash), and has great low-light performance with 5X zoom.

5. Build:
    I like the size and weight of the Z30 and hope BlackBerry doesn't try too hard to slim it down. It feels solid and rugged. I would like the speakers to fire forwards; the LED to be toned down/stylized a little because it can be too bright (maybe it could be used a flash for the front camera?); edge protection/frame to protect the screen? waterproofing? hardened glass?

6: Battery:
    BlackBerry has clearly committed to offering industry-leading battery life on their phones. I hope they research how many people actually use wireless charging before wasting resources on it. I would also like them to investigate battery life of OLED vs LCD for Web Browsing because that's what I do most on my Z30 and it seems to be disproportionately draining. Perhaps integrating (or allowing for expanding) the battery into the back cover.

7. OS
    This is where BlackBerry should focus their resources, in my opinion. BB10 is a unique and excellent platform. With small tweaks to compatibility, style and productivity, it would be much easier to attract users instead of going toe to toe in hardware with companies committed to the "Mine is Bigger than yours" mantra.

Thank you BlackBerry for continuing to enrich the world of computing. You are a refreshing presence in the smartphone marketplace. Your devices and platform are unique. Your partnerships with other companies is a clear demonstration that leadership and cooperation should coexist.
    Lee9810, DataCenter, nfsw and 11 others like this.
    07-02-14 02:57 PM
    Guys, sorry if it has been done before. But reading throughout forums I can see there's a huge desire for the successor of Z30 among many crackberians. Yet, a lot of people say Passport is the way to go for BlackBerry and all-touch devices are kinda overestimated and cannot save BBRY.

As a Z30 lover myself, I'd like to know how many of you are actually gonna be satisfied with Passport (as a new QWERTY flagship) and how many are going to wait for the Z30's successor.

Hopefully, someone at BlackBerry will see this poll and make decisions. (Whatever results would be.)
    There will be a Z30 successor, likely next spring.

In the meantime, it's kind of cool that they're introducing something innovative and distinctive.
    jaydee5799 and antikorr like this.
    07-02-14 03:22 PM
    I'm holding out for a Z50, but may still buy a Passport just to have one. At the moment, I'm quite happy with my Z30.

Posted via CB10 on VZW BlackBerry Z30
    07-02-14 04:11 PM
    There will be a Z30 successor, likely next spring.

In the meantime, it's kind of cool that they're introducing something innovative and distinctive.
    They say 'patience is a virtue', but, damn, it's so difficult to wait!....
    07-02-14 04:12 PM
    m3mb3rsh1p, I somehow agree with you. Your point is clear and strong, but then what to do about what BlackBerry users want? Those who own Z10 and Z30. Just ingore them for the sake of being innovative and true to productivity spirit? Does BlackBerry possess such power in their current state? I mean even Apple is giving up - they are releasing a phablet soon, just because a crowd want it. Crowd rules the market, not otherwise. And even almighty Apple can't change it. So how can BlackBerry? Besides, isn't every company about giving its users what they want?....

Sorry if I sound naive.
    07-02-14 04:17 PM
    m3mb3rsh1p, I somehow agree with you. Your point is clear and strong, but then what to do about what BlackBerry users want? Those who own Z10 and Z30. Just ingore them for the sake of being innovative and true to productivity spirit? Does BlackBerry possess such power in their current state? I mean even Apple is giving up - they are releasing a phablet soon, just because a crowd want it. Crowd rules the market, not otherwise. And even almighty Apple can't change it. So how can BlackBerry? Besides, isn't every company about giving its users what they want?....

Sorry if I sound naive.
    Z30 only came out November 2013. Z10 come out February 2013. They should be releasing something between January, February for a high end touch device.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    07-02-14 04:25 PM
    I'd like a Qwerty with a 16:9 screen.

Posted via Z10, UK based (Good luck Bla1ze as EiC!)
    Doggerz likes this.
    07-02-14 05:30 PM
    Z50 all day, time for some bells n whistles ^

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 05:57 PM
    I had been hoping for a slider, but that doesn't seem to be looking good. I have had all three BB10's, and enjoyed each one. I agree with the post above regarding a lot of the things, and until they mentioned it, never thought of a size between the 10 and the 30. I think I would love that. Although I really enjoy my Z30, I found the Z10 and the Q10 much easier to use with one hand.

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    07-02-14 10:17 PM
    Passport is a cool looking device, and it's very encouraging to see the interest in it this early. But it won't be for me. I'm waiting for a suitable successor to the Z30, preferably close to the same size; and if at&t doesn't support it, this time I will switch to a carrier that does.
    Not real happy with at&t, either. I'll probably wait for the Z50 if I had to choose.

Yep: .700 & Updated. 700 bar files. Disclaimer: Works for "me". (~_*)
    07-02-14 10:28 PM
    I'm more interested in a successor to the Z10 then to the Z30. 4.2 to 4.3 inch devices are still far better for one handed use.

Posted via CB10
    strongo and BKA22 like this.
    07-02-14 10:33 PM
    All touch, without doubt! BUT I need a bar form not bigger than 4.3 inches. For the specs let's say that the sky is the limit.
    I see Q10 as a transition device for legacy devices lovers ( I was a 9900 user). But now, step by step, we must evolve. BlackBerry must evolve into all touch era. Considering BlackBerry 10 is made exclusively from swipes in any direction how to insist now on buttons...it's a mess in all strategy from BlackBerry management . Sorry Chen, but the former CEO had a normal strategy.

Proudly Z10 owner
    07-02-14 10:38 PM
    All touch, without doubt! BUT I need a bar form not bigger than 4.3 inches. For the specs let's say that the sky is the limit.
    I see Q10 as a transition device for legacy devices lovers ( I was a 9900 user). But now, step by step, we must evolve. BlackBerry must evolve into all touch era. Considering BlackBerry 10 is made exclusively from swipes in any direction how to insist now on buttons...it's a mess in all strategy from BlackBerry management . Sorry Chen, but the former CEO had a normal strategy.

Proudly Z10 owner
    "Normal " strategy had a failure marketing campaign that somehow people still think BlackBerry doesn't make full touch screen devices... they'll get back onto high end full touch. Not in 2014 though.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-02-14 10:43 PM
    I'm more interested in a successor to the Z10 then to the Z30. 4.2 to 4.3 inch devices are still far better for one handed use.

Posted via CB10
    I feel that segment has been relegated to the "mini" versions of smart phones. They should make a successor to the Z30, then make a mini for those who desire a smaller screen size.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 11:09 PM
    The physical keyboard phones don't interests me. I want a 4.7" all touch phone. It is good that BlackBerry made physical keyboard phones for people who like them, but if BlackBerry really wants to gain market share they will have to make a good all touch phone. Many people seem to prefer all touch phones better. They will probably need two phones. A regular size and large.
    07-03-14 01:24 AM

Proudly Z10 owner
    As much as you might like to think this, BlackBerry has millions of other customers who say otherwise.

They didn't design the Classic out of nostalgia, they did it because many corporate and institutional customers asked them to build it.

And the former CEO's strategy nearly ran them into the ground.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-03-14 02:32 AM
    What I'm looking for is a Z10 size with a 5" 1080 display and specs that we wish to have
    07-03-14 03:04 AM
    I like a better os.
    An os than has the capability to install apps on sd. An os that detects an external monitor's aspects ratio and adjust the resolution itself depending on the monitor.

An os that is flexible and customizable ui for my own preference. An os that doesn't need more paid apps and of course, it's secure

An os that can be installed on any device without modification in it such as cracking and other rocket scientific method on pc, tablets, and smartphones.

An os that can run on low end devices.
    Android is doing it but I don't like Google. Google makes me feel I'm accused as a terrorist or a criminal.

Collecting information data forcibly or without permission

My reason why is;
    there are too many Labourers that are dying and suffering from poison that comes with it at the production and some of them aren't paid fair. Materials that are being used aren't unlimited. Lots of money being spent while lots of young kids dying of hunger.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 03:27 AM
    I hope next year comes a better z30 I like touch but I will also look at Passport
    07-03-14 04:29 AM
    Z30 only came out November 2013. Z10 come out February 2013. They should be releasing something between January, February for a high end touch device.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    One year cycle is totally fine with me, but don't you think BlackBerry needs to catch up with the competition like RIGHT NOW?.. I mean their competitors already released Z2, G3, S5. iPhone 6 is on its way this autumn. Those (non-BlackBerry fans) who eager for the new full-touch device and might consider buying BB (due to boredom, sudden disappointment with Andorid and Apple, curiosity caused by OS 10, etc.) will have to wait for months!

I'm not saying BlackBerry MUST release new full-touch flagship this year. I just say that it would have been a very good decision to make, in my humble opinion. Of course if the device is mature enough.
    07-03-14 10:50 AM
    Z50 for sure.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.3175
    07-03-14 11:26 AM
    It's still too early to tell, but so far majority wants a Z50...
    07-03-14 12:14 PM
    One year cycle is totally fine with me, but don't you think BlackBerry needs to catch up with the competition like RIGHT NOW?.. I mean their competitors already released Z2, G3, S5. iPhone 6 is on its way this autumn. Those (non-BlackBerry fans) who eager for the new full-touch device and might consider buying BB (due to boredom, sudden disappointment with Andorid and Apple, curiosity caused by OS 10, etc.) will have to wait for months!

I'm not saying BlackBerry MUST release new full-touch flagship this year. I just say that it would have been a very good decision to make, in my humble opinion. Of course if the device is mature enough.
    They can't release a 64 bit touch device this year. Best they could do is attempt a leap frog device next year.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3247
    07-03-14 01:33 PM
81 123 ...