No real info here. Just thinking out loud.
    Does anyone think the price for the Bold will decrease soon to $199? ($300 + $100 mail-in-rebate)

The Thunder's pricing was revealed today & it is cheaper than the Bold. I remember when the Bold was released in Canada for Rogers, not too long after release (like a month, right?) there was a price drop.

With a lot of electronics, the $199 price point is usually the "sweet spot" with consumers. And since the holidays are just around the corner, it would be nice to see a drop.
    11-13-08 01:54 PM
    I talked the the AT&T store where I got my bold and asked since we can get the Bold cheaper from resellers/Walmart etc. will AT&T give me a break on the price I paid for the Bold. He said bring it back and we will refund your money!
    11-13-08 02:15 PM
    I think the Storm will definitely drop the price of the Bold eventually.

Question is how long will it take. The 2 phones don't technically compete head to head for the exact same market.
    11-13-08 02:20 PM
    The prices of all the phones for in-store buying is set until the holiday season is over. Try Best Buy for a cheaper 2-year contract.
    11-13-08 02:22 PM
    They will all go down eventually. The Curve is now $79.99 with contract. You can wait of course, but you gotta pay a little if you wanna be an early adopter.
    11-13-08 02:29 PM
    I don't think the price will change. The 8800-series kept their price point basically until the Bold came out. That is unless BB is really feeling the heat from the iPhone and wants to regain some ground. Probably that's why they priced the storm so competitavely. The Bold will probably follow the "you gotta pay for the elite status that is BlackBerry" model.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-08 02:37 PM
    I suggest buying your phone from BestBuy.... But you should probably bring the AT&T prices with you.

I'm not sure if they are supposed to, but my BestBuy actually priced match the AT&T after rebate price (but without the rebates) making the system a whole lot more convenient.
    11-13-08 03:08 PM
    I would never buy from Best Buy again. They screw you over whenever they can. No receipt? Tough luck. They are nothing but crooks.
    11-13-08 03:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD