So, I recently got my hands on a z30, I transferred all my data from my z10 and it worked fine until this morning. My z30 is not recognizing my SD card. I have rebooted and removed the SD twice and it's being scanned but none of the media is loaded! Have anyone ever experienced this? Let me know!!!

Happy Canada Day!!!

Joe

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 08:56 AM
    Just checked my Z30. All good with my memory card. Just got the latest OS this morning to.
    Happy Canada day to you also.

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 09:13 AM
    I believe some people have had an issue with this and with a disappearing Hub.
    Although I don't have the issue myself, maybe do a search for SD card problems and see if you can locate some info.

Hopefully someone will come along soon and add some information to your problem.
    JVOZ likes this.
    07-01-14 09:22 AM
    Thanks for the reply guys! I just checked my device storage media and there's media. Please see picture. I'll check when I get home give you guys an update.

Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 09:28 AM
    Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 09:32 AM
    So, I just check the media details and ALL my media is gone! How is that possible? I mean I was just using it last night. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 10:06 AM
    Have you tried another SD card to see if it's a corrupt card?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 02:43 PM
    Could be a bad card, try the card in a laptop or PC and see what it reads.

Z30 144GB
    07-01-14 02:47 PM
    Have you tried another SD card to see if it's a corrupt card?

Posted via CB10
    If I reformat the card, can I still retrieve the 'lost' files? If so, what's the best freeware for Recovery? Let me know.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 09:08 PM
    I had a similar issue on yesterday with my Z30. I was using the pictures app to share a photo but when I hit send I received an error saying that the file could not be sent because it does not exist. When I tried to access the files through the file browser I could not then after a reboot all of my media files were gone except for the remember app voice recordings, but pdf and other documents were still there....thoroughly confused....

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 09:23 PM
    I had a similar issue on yesterday with my Z30. I was using the pictures app to share a photo but when I hit send I received an error saying that the file could not be sent because it does not exist. When I tried to access the files through the file browser I could not then after a reboot all of my media files were gone except for the remember app voice recordings, but pdf and other documents were still there....thoroughly confused....

Posted via CB10
    What did you do fix it? Where you able to recover your files? What software did you use?

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 10:07 PM
    If I reformat the card, can I still retrieve the 'lost' files? If so, what's the best freeware for Recovery? Let me know.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Can you see the files on your computer? If you can, just transfer them to your computer, reformat the SD card and transfer them back to see if that'll fix the issue.
    07-02-14 04:20 PM
    What did you do fix it? Where you able to recover your files? What software did you use?

Posted via CB10
    No luck for me I do have a backup but I have a bunch of photos that had not been backed up (I just stopped syncing my photos to mega a few weeks ago...what are the odds). at this point I'm just hoping against hope that I will wake up one day to find everything is back.

Posted via CB10
    07-02-14 10:20 PM
    You need to format your SD card with a Windows PC in FAT32 format. There is an application called "guiformat.exe" that will do it for you if you are not sure. Do a search on CB for "guiformat" to read up on this problem affecting some SD cards on BlackBerry 10.

Doesn't matter if your SD card is already in FAT32 format.

Doesn't matter if you just formatted your SD card with you BlackBerry 10 phone today.

Doesn't matter if your SD card is brand new out of the packet.

Doesn't matter if...just do it.

I know it's annoying and sometimes counter-intuitive but it's a frequent problem found with some SD cards and that is the solution.

Failing this then there may be a hardware problem.

Please post your results here to help out others who come across this issue.

Posted via CB10
    07-03-14 07:20 PM
    No, there's nothing in the SD card. I have used both Recuva and EASEUS and no go!
    07-04-14 09:07 AM
    I think when I connect my BB to my PC is SYNCs it, that's when it backs up the memory car. I know it' s frustrating because I had about 1500 pictures and videos. -_-
    07-04-14 09:09 AM
    I actually have that already, I will try it and get back on this thread.

Thanks!
    07-04-14 09:10 AM