...and whilst it's not the end of the world, I'm mightily upset about it. I went to the police and bla bla bla, they'll see whether they can find it. Protect is still on (with GPS!) but the police said nothing can be done at present bla bla bla.

Dear fellow crackberries, please join me in mourning the loss of a great device. Plus, I will have to use my spare Android and I. hate. Android.

~ttz
    06-30-14 02:46 PM
    Have you not tried tracking it yourself on BlackBerry's website?

Posted with no abbreviations via da Q10
    06-30-14 02:48 PM
    Bro, do you even BlackBerry Protect?
    Track him down and kick his ***!

Posted via CB10
    Evilguppy, Rello and R Field like this.
    06-30-14 02:48 PM
    I hope you get it back. How did the theft occur?

"Z30 STA100-2 UK" Get's a Ten from Fen.
    06-30-14 02:49 PM
    Depending on where you are and your local police department... a device you might have only paid $200 for is not high on their priority.

If you know it was stolen, then make sure it is locked maybe try and track it and when you get close have it play a Sound. If that is more than you want to do... WIPE it - but you will not be able to track it after you wipe it.. Wish they had a selective wipe of just the media card.

If it just got misplaced, I would lock it and Display a Message in case someone has it that may return it.
    06-30-14 03:16 PM
    I have Protect and it's got it down to an apartment block with like a gazillion apartments so good luck finding the right one, I'll leave it to the cops. The theft occurred as follows: I was watching the world cup in an outside place and I had to pee. Left the phone behind by mistake for less than a minute and it was gone.

Edit: It was of course password locked and I've got Protect to display a 'return to the police department' message. The data on it is not important, it's all encrypted and no media card either.
    06-30-14 03:28 PM
    Just in case there's Z10s for sale $190
    http://m.tigerdirect.com/products/8512261?Sku=
    06-30-14 03:40 PM
    Go door knocking as a BlackBerry representative until you find the scoundrel. Tell him he's won a free upgrade to :insert ph here: (gps location random draw) take a pic of him (for promotional reasons) then give his address/mug shot to the cops...

Or, my personal preference - send a couple hard hitting brothers around with baseball bats and get them to scare the bajeezus out if him (no actual physical violence of course) and get your ph back.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.3247
    06-30-14 03:44 PM
    Once you find him, cram the Z10 against his head! Trust me, I've dropped my Z10 and it's very sturdy. You will give him a nice headache and your Z10 we'll be perfectly fine.

Posted with my Z10 from God
    06-30-14 04:01 PM
    Track him down and stab that foo!
    anon(7808135) likes this.
    06-30-14 04:09 PM
    There was a case of people bbm video calling thieves and taking screenshots of their face once they answer.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    SlcCorrado likes this.
    06-30-14 04:47 PM
    Nah, I won't get another Z10... it's an old gen device these days (despite having been with me in a zillion business trips across three continents, it's still a tool, not an emotional device - I leave that to iphone users ). Plus, they do not sell the Z10 here (only the Q10, and for quite a price as well). I was waiting for the Passport so I think that I will make do with my spare Samsung S3 (I know, I know, I hate the thing as well) until a new BB (Passport or even Classic) comes out.
    It's against my religious beliefs to wish too much harm even to the perpetrator of this useless crime (they basically have a brick on their hands anyway, it's password locked so even if they reset it they can't use it) but I believe it's fair to wish them a nice bout of explosive diarrhea (complications extra)
    06-30-14 04:50 PM
    That's freaking genius !!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 04:51 PM
    Nah, I won't get another Z10... it's an old gen device these days (despite having been with me in a zillion business trips across three continents, it's still a tool, not an emotional device - I leave that to iphone users ). Plus, they do not sell the Z10 here (only the Q10, and for quite a price as well). I was waiting for the Passport so I think that I will make do with my spare Samsung S3 (I know, I know, I hate the thing as well) until a new BB (Passport or even Classic) comes out.
    It's against my religious beliefs to wish too much harm even to the perpetrator of this useless crime (they basically have a brick on their hands anyway, it's password locked so even if they reset it they can't use it) but I believe it's fair to wish them a nice bout of explosive diarrhea (complications extra)
    Sorry for your lost. The passport is a good idea, It's less likely you will leave your passport behind this time.
    pttptppt likes this.
    06-30-14 05:06 PM
    Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 05:21 PM
    Police won't do squat. I got ripped off for $500 when buying a z30.

I found out the guys address, phone #, work place, had his SIN card, linked in page, Facebook page, was in the guys apartment with his roommate, had witnesses, and recorded his emission on video. They did Fuk all!! They wouldn't even call him. They told me to call the guy.....

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 05:30 PM
    Nothing a bat and a good ol *** kicking can't fix. Well worth the satisfaction of teaching someone a lesson.
    06-30-14 05:42 PM
    Unfortunately, I do agree about the police not doing a thing about it. Not that it should be a priority tracking down a measly Z10 but hey, GPS tracked the phone to less than half a mile from the police station, it's still on and all, they might as well have sent an officer to ring a few bells and scare the thief into giving back the phone. It's not like we have Al Qaeda or the gangs of the Bronx to deal with :P
    06-30-14 05:57 PM
    I am so sorry for ur loss. I would have gone mad without it.

From my ? phone
    06-30-14 10:21 PM
    OP if you could safely get it back go ahead but I agree with you just forget it, you never know the type, you don't want to lose your life over a phone. The cops aren't going to do anything so unless you have a couple of friends to go with you in search of it ,let it go. Karma is very real what goes around comes around, he will get what's coming to him/her .

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 11:10 PM
    (they basically have a brick on their hands anyway, it's password locked so even if they reset it they can't use it) but I believe it's fair to wish them a nice bout of explosive diarrhea (complications extra)
    Sorry to say, but resetting it will take off the password. My dad forgot his password and the phone was wiped, later I was able to restore it from a backup so no worries.

But they did get a functional device out of the deal.
    07-01-14 12:19 AM
    OP if you could safely get it back go ahead but I agree with you just forget it, you never know the type, you don't want to lose your life over a phone. The cops aren't going to do anything so unless you have a couple of friends to go with you in search of it ,let it go. Karma is very real what goes around comes around, he will get what's coming to him/her .

Posted via CB10
    Hello Crackberryfan,
    I'm not taking the matter in my own hands. I'm definitely not risking stab woulds or even a black eye over a Z10, that's just an object. The data in it is backed up on my 'puter and on the cloud as well and there's a password so they can't do anything with the data. The IMEI is blacklisted so it won't register on the mobile network any longer. Basically all they have is a very small wi-fi tablet of the kind that retails for 50 bucks these days, only with less apps. I sincerely hope the proceeds from the sale of the handset will end up spent by the perp as part payment for medical services as a result of a mild, but discomforting illness.
    moody and bambinoitaliano like this.
    07-01-14 03:12 AM
    Hello Crackberryfan,
    I'm not taking the matter in my own hands. I'm definitely not risking stab woulds or even a black eye over a Z10, that's just an object. The data in it is backed up on my 'puter and on the cloud as well and there's a password so they can't do anything with the data. The IMEI is blacklisted so it won't register on the mobile network any longer. Basically all they have is a very small wi-fi tablet of the kind that retails for 50 bucks these days, only with less apps. I sincerely hope the proceeds from the sale of the handset will end up spent by the perp as part payment for medical services as a result of a mild, but discomforting illness.
    Lol, ok that's better, Sorry that you have lost the device. Enjoy your day!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 09:32 AM
    Ha ya'll crazy. I don't care if I gotta go to the hood with a cop beside me. If I know where my phone is at I'm getting it back lol. I'm sure a cop could follow u and all you would have to do is lock the phone then set it play a noise. It's loud enough that u might hear it before they van shut it off. If not, play the noise again lol

Sorry for your loss though

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 10:32 AM
    Don't play a noise or message it until you are close or he will know you are on to him
    07-01-14 12:30 PM
35 12