So recently with the secret research of 600,000 users that were told and it could be more or less we don't know.

Do you think if there will be a class action law sue against facebook? I feel like a victim!!

#BBFactCheck
    06-30-14 08:49 AM
    I'm sure there will be demand to notify users, an certainly if any of said users on the negative side did something like commit a crime, or worse take their own life.

So recently with the secret research of 600,000 users that were told and it could be more or less we don't know.

Do you think if there will be a class action law sue against facebook? I feel like a victim!!

#BBFactCheck
    06-30-14 08:53 AM

#BBFactCheck
    Hahahaha...victim? You've got to be kidding me. Facebook OWNS everything you put on THEIR site. They completely exploited the fact that hardly a soul reads the terms of use agreement before clicking 'accept'. You agreed to giving up just about any right you think you have. You're not an innocent victim. You're an ignorant pawn. BIG difference.

If you post a picture of your 18 year old daughter in her provocative (or 'cute' as they call it these days) Halloween costume and a few months later you notice the same picture used as an ad for a lewd website, well...it's your own doing.

Facebook and Google own your online persona.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 09:06 AM
    You feel like a victim? You had the choice to sign up for Facebook. It was your decision. People need to take more responsibility instead of threatening legal action against everything.
    06-30-14 09:22 AM
    Yes, I do feel like a victim. They own the contents of my Facebook account but do they have the right for manipulation?

#BBFactCheck
    06-30-14 09:35 AM
    Yes, I do feel like a victim. They own the contents of my Facebook account but do they have the right for manipulation?

#BBFactCheck
    If you read the terms of your agreement and privacy policy, then you would know there's a myriad of things they can do with your information and interaction on the site.
    06-30-14 10:05 AM

#BBFactCheck
    Yes. Their terms of agreement spells it out in very obfuscated legalese.
    Last edited by LoneStarRed; 06-30-14 at 10:19 AM.
    GRojasHruska likes this.
    06-30-14 10:09 AM
    Nope. It is you who decided to go on FB.. Just like anything else.. You don't own anything. They own your data. Even if you deactivated your account, they will use your data.
    06-30-14 10:09 AM
    By creating an account they can do what they wish. You see the fine print you never read, well they can do what they want with your data..

Not sure why people bother with it, it's just a data mining farm worse then google. I stick to twitter to follow who i want, and text or call friends i call REAL friends..
    lift likes this.
    06-30-14 10:12 AM
    So why does the government allows such law? I will soon close my Facebook account.

I hope you all will do the same. Shame on me

#BBFactCheck
    06-30-14 10:58 AM
    So why does the government allows such law? I will soon close my Facebook account.

#BBFactCheck
    The government already does much worse.

The only way to escape it is to unplug your Internet and telephone cable and turn off your cellphone.
    06-30-14 11:06 AM
    Hahaha you are a funny man OP

Facebook can do whatever they want with you and you cannot do ****.

Good thing I do not use Facebook myself.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    06-30-14 11:09 AM
    Hahahaha...victim? You've got to be kidding me. Facebook OWNS everything you put on THEIR site. They completely exploited the fact that hardly a soul reads the terms of use agreement before clicking 'accept'. You agreed to giving up just about any right you think you have. You're not an innocent victim. You're an ignorant pawn. BIG difference.

If you post a picture of your 18 year old daughter in her provocative (or 'cute' as they call it these days) Halloween costume and a few months later you notice the same picture used as an ad for a lewd website, well...it's your own doing.

Facebook and Google own your online persona.

Posted via CB10
    I could not have said that better. I agree 100%. Just another reason (among thousands of them) that I do NOT have any Social media accounts.
    This forum is my social media.
    They say it plain and simple in the terms of use that THEY own your posted content and can use it as they see fit. But the sheeple do NOT care and use it anyway. Your own fault.
    06-30-14 11:15 AM

#BBFactCheck
    As if the government is a model of excellence. Ever heard of something called the NSA?
    lift likes this.
    06-30-14 11:25 AM
    No.. any suit will have to show actual damages incurred. Company may be fined.

Posted via CB10
    TheScionicMan and Elite1 like this.
    06-30-14 11:28 AM
    Good luck with any lawsuit. People accept the TOS when they use FB. .

Beyond that....How could you prove any damages exist?

End of story. Next.
    06-30-14 11:48 AM
    I think there's an important distinction between using the data you post to sell widgets to you and using the content that your friends post to manipulate your feelings. That's where I think they overstepped their bounds. The user agreement has you give them rights to use your data for whatever they want, and really I don't care about that. In reading through the text, I've yet to come across something that covers the use of your friends' data to willfully put a person in a negative mood. As far as I'm concerned, Facebook is in the wrong here, as the TOS only seems to cover use of your own data.
    Apollo_IV likes this.
    06-30-14 12:00 PM
    Facebook didn't do anything wrong. They are just selecting the content for their users. They use multiple criteria to decide relevant content.
    06-30-14 12:06 PM

#BBFactCheck
    I'm not so sure the $2-3 you'd get out of a class action would be worth it, lol. You know, aside from the other obvious stuff. No offense intended to you directly OP but people CHOOSE to use FB. Just like you have the right to CHOOSE to stop using it now that this knowledge is available to you. Aside from a few odd cases, FB's lawyers have a good track record of protecting the assets of FB and not your feelings.
    Elite1 and lift like this.
    06-30-14 12:06 PM
    I think there's an important distinction between using the data you post to sell widgets to you and using the content that your friends post to manipulate your feelings. That's where I think they overstepped their bounds.
    As opposed to using the ADS to manipulate your feelings?

In reading through the text, I've yet to come across something that covers the use of your friends' data to willfully put a person in a negative mood.
    And since they didn't "willfully put you in a negative mood" then you can't sue them for that. This was an experiment to see how people react, not a program to make people react.

What's next, sue broadcasters after they try out certain programming because they would like to know how people react to it?

As far as I'm concerned, Facebook is in the wrong here, as the TOS only seems to cover use of your own data.
    But it's your own data that they use. You don't have any dominion over other peoples data.
    06-30-14 12:16 PM
    I think there's an important distinction between using the data you post to sell widgets to you and using the content that your friends post to manipulate your feelings. That's where I think they overstepped their bounds. The user agreement has you give them rights to use your data for whatever they want, and really I don't care about that. In reading through the text, I've yet to come across something that covers the use of your friends' data to willfully put a person in a negative mood. As far as I'm concerned, Facebook is in the wrong here, as the TOS only seems to cover use of your own data.
    Actually, it covers the use of information they receive ABOUT you, not just from you. So the stuff your friends post about you is information about you, and they're completely within their legal rights to do such things with it.

Whether what they did is ethical or not doesn't really matter. They were not infringing on anyone's legal rights here.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 12:19 PM
    Thank you all for your confident respond..... i guess I'm on my own

#BBFactCheck
    06-30-14 01:52 PM
    The action the "class" should take is discontinue or greatly reduce use of Facebook... too much activity on any single internet property gives those properties too much information: spread it around a bit.
    06-30-14 02:43 PM
    Why not just delete your account, we live in a sue for everything culture now, that's bad.

Why not start a tweet movement against this behavior instead.......... use social media to your advantage.

Z10 all they way!
    Elite1, LoneStarRed and lift like this.
    06-30-14 03:20 PM

#BBFactCheck
    What damages have you suffered to qualify as being victimized?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    Elite1 likes this.
    06-30-14 03:47 PM
82 123 ...