...Is totally wrong!

I always thought about my Q10 as great device for communicating - and one of my communicators isn't available in blackberry store, so i have to use android version. And after this almost-newest update my enter button stopped sending messages, now it's making a new line in message. It's annoying and uncomfortable, so is there any way to configure it? Or any, i don't know, bug list where i can add my problem and pray that somebody will fix that or at least let me choose method somewhere in options?

I understand it's probably a way to prepare OS for blackberry classic with 5-way navigator, but i'd be happier if my device wouldn't been abandoned so easily. I want to send messages comfortable too.
    Last edited by Zkirtaem; 06-29-14 at 04:05 PM.
    06-29-14 03:41 PM
    what OS specifically are you talking about? What app are you talking about also?
    06-29-14 06:02 PM
    Which did you update, the app or your OS?

Also, what app is this? And what versions of both the app and BB10 are you running?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    06-29-14 06:04 PM
    Yes, I am having the same issue on my Q10 with 10.2.1.2941 with Kakaotalk.

The Enter key does not work for sending messages. I have not found a solution for it.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    06-29-14 07:09 PM
    Sounds like the enter key is being registered and sent to the app. How an app handles the enter key isn't and of Blackberry's business.
    06-29-14 08:51 PM
    Sounds like the enter key is being registered and sent to the app. How an app handles the enter key isn't and of Blackberry's business.
    It is if multiple users are having the same issue with different messaging apps, and I doubt the OP was using a different messaging app than mine.

I have tried installing previous versions of the messaging app and the Enter key still does not work to send the message.

There is an option to send the message using the Enter key for Kakaotalk, but I cannot switch language with alt + enter within the app. Before, I used to be able to send the message with enter key and switch language within the app as well. Now I have to choose one or the other.

06-29-14 09:11 PM
    I have the same issue too, with LINE messenger
    06-29-14 09:38 PM
    Maybe you can find the settings within the apps like WhatsApp
    Use enter key to send messages

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 09:52 PM
    Maybe you can find the settings within the apps like WhatsApp
    Use enter key to send messages

Posted via CB10
    I don't think you have read my post two posts earlier but there is "enter to send" option in most messaging apps, but with the latest BlackBerry 10.2.1.2941 update, it is not possible to switch language in the messaging app WITH the "enter to send" enabled.

06-29-14 11:26 PM
    How to update the OS? any idea?
    06-29-14 11:33 PM
    Damn it, how did it happened? I somehow didn't wrote it, sorry.

Of course it's OS what was updated, app wasn't. I'm not that stupid, to blame OS after apk update, really.
    Things started after this update... before newest update. I'll search for exact numbers.*
    App i'm talking about is VCommunicator, but i tried several other ones and every app that was sending with enter before is not doing this now.

*it was this one, probably:
    BlackBerry OS 10.2.1.3175 update rolling out for all BlackBerry 10 devices today | CrackBerry.com
    After that, enter stopped being handled correctly.
    06-30-14 05:17 AM
    Sideload Android Runtime 10.2.1.144 from OS 10.2.1.2947 will fix above mentioned issues
    *** You need to disable automatic update, otherwise the system will force upgrade to latest runtime again
    *** The upgrade size is 81 Mb
    Zkirtaem likes this.
    07-03-14 11:59 AM
    Thanks! It worked.

Just in case of somebody having same problem, i'll post links here:
    http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar
    http://cdn.fs.sl.blackberry.com/fs/q...-v7+signed.bar

They were here Looking for 10.2.1.2234 Android Runtime [Archive] - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com.

yisss, i can finally write comfortably
    07-03-14 01:42 PM
    Sorry for pushing up an old thread, but I'm having this exact issue, and is happy with the new run time on 10.3.1.1779

I do not want to roll back to the old runtime. Apps ilm having issues with are LINE, Facebook Messenger..it is counter intuitive to be using one of the best keyboards there are in the mobile market, and have to constantly tap the screen to "send" messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-01-15 12:05 AM
    Same issue here.. ever since an old 10.2.x update, the enter key no longer sends messages in Android communication apps (even the ones that have the Enter Key setting).
    04-02-15 02:30 AM
    The use of android.view.inputmethod.BaseInputConnection (standard input box) will cause the Blackberry Q10 not able to send backspaces. I've seen the use of InputConnectionWrapper to fix this issue.

I encountered a bug that the use of InputType TYPE_TEXT_FLAG_MULTI_LINE in combination with InputConnectionWrapper will cause the enter key to create new lines, and not send messages as expected in regular Android devices.

Blackberry should decide if they want to support Android apps properly or not. Right now it seems like a half-assed attempt to bring life to a dead app ecosystem. Frankly I'm only using this hunk of junk because I got it for free.
    10-06-15 06:14 AM
    The use of android.view.inputmethod.BaseInputConnection (standard input box) will cause the Blackberry Q10 not able to send backspaces. I've seen the use of InputConnectionWrapper to fix this issue.

I encountered a bug that the use of InputType TYPE_TEXT_FLAG_MULTI_LINE in combination with InputConnectionWrapper will cause the enter key to create new lines, and not send messages as expected in regular Android devices.

Blackberry should decide if they want to support Android apps properly or not. Right now it seems like a half-assed attempt to bring life to a dead app ecosystem. Frankly I'm only using this hunk of junk because I got it for free.
    Quite obvious blackberry is showing proper andriod app support, heard of the priv?

Posted via CB10
    10-06-15 09:48 AM
    Quite obvious blackberry is showing proper andriod app support, heard of the priv?

Posted via CB10
    Not until I saw it on this site. That keyboard looks almost entirely redundant and micro sized. FYI this issue has since been confirmed by BlackBerry: twitter(DOT)com/chadtatro/status/651401749006262273
    10-06-15 07:46 PM