Passport this passport that why does the classic get no play. Is the passport reeaalllyy THE phone. Lol i am biased but i swear that the classic is the perfect size n crossover phone ie, touchscreen belt qwerty and larger screen for its size yet its treated as the red headed step child =/

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-29-14 12:04 PM
    Passport this passport that why does the classic get no play. Is the passport reeaalllyy THE phone. Lol i am biased but i swear that the classic is the perfect size n crossover phone ie, touchscreen belt qwerty and larger screen for its size yet its treated as the red headed step child =/

Are you referring to the lack of press / leaks?

It's not out until November, so I would't count on as much hype until then.

The Passport however, being launched in September makes users more press happy for the device coming sooner.

In addition, the Passport offers industry leading specs really, whereas the Classic is an upgraded Q10 internally - doesn't offer the same innovation attention the Passport will ever receive.

Can you elaborate concisely?
    FCBAndrea and anon(4044683) like this.
    06-29-14 12:11 PM

I hear what you're saying... The Classic is gonna be awesome for sure
    06-29-14 12:17 PM
    Classic all the way for me! And not because of the belt, but because of the form factor appeals to me more.
    LuisCast likes this.
    06-29-14 12:39 PM
    I'm strongly considering picking up a Classic, I'm not interested in the Passport at all though. That aspect ratio on a giant phone kills it for me. Not to mention those pointed corners. I'd hate to see what a Passport will do to user's jean pockets after a few months of use.

The Classic however is a great looking device that is the perfect form factor for a BlackBerry in my opinion. My only concern with the Classic is I hope that it won't suffer from the same double type problem that the Q10 has.
    06-29-14 12:49 PM
    I'm strongly considering picking up a Classic, I'm not interested in the Passport at all though. That aspect ratio on a giant phone kills it for me. Not to mention those pointed corners. I'd hate to see what a Passport will do to user's jean pockets after a few months of use.

The Classic however is a great looking device that is the perfect form factor for a BlackBerry in my opinion. My only concern with the Classic is I hope that it won't suffer from the same double type problem that the Q10 has.
    So a 3.5 inch screen and a trackpad. That should have been the 9900.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent and Optimus4 like this.
    06-29-14 01:26 PM
    Im referring to how bb users have responded to both phones. The passport seems to be the IT phone amongst current users. They are released a month apart from each other so i dont think time really has anything to do with it. Its just more of passport everything on CB especially the home page blogs or w/e

paulo_mealha and makaiman like this.
    06-29-14 01:30 PM
    So a 3.5 inch screen and a trackpad. That should have been the 9900.
    The Bold 99 was the perfect form factor for a BlackBerry and the Classic is closer to being a Bold than the Q10 or Passport is/will be. Isn't that kind of the point of the Classic? To be more like the classic BlackBerry devices such as the Bold 99?
    06-29-14 01:37 PM
    The Passport is different from the Blackberry norm. The Classic is the Blackberry norm. Which one do you think is going to get more attention?

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    06-29-14 01:42 PM
    The Passport is different from the Blackberry norm. The Classic is the Blackberry norm. Which one do you think is going to get more attention?

Everything I say is my OPINION and is based on my experiences and what I have learned. It is not meant to attack but to drive meaningful conversation. Let's all be civil!
    This is my original point. Nice and concise.

Innovative ideas and products will always be in the spot light, and BlackBerry could use that.

The classic is no doubt an amazing iteration of the traditional BlackBerry, with a very modern appeal and update. This is the device for existing BlackBerry users, and stays comfortable with what we know works for us.

Personally, I love both. But the Passport will always garnish a more powerful appeal.

There's some great opinions on here, and it's always refreshing to see a nice perspective!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 01:50 PM
    To echo everyone else's point, the Passport is just different and that attracts people and again, there's just simply more Passport info out there. When more Classic info pops up, the hype for that will become more known as well. Just the way it is, the newest hotness will always be in the lead when there is more info.
    06-29-14 02:01 PM
    I'm in for the Classic! I'll stand in line to get one! Awesome looking and my next phone.
    Actually, I'm hoping that I can buy it direct from ShopBlackBerry!!
    LuisCast likes this.
    06-29-14 02:12 PM
    Because we been there and done that

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 02:12 PM
    Because we been there and done that

Posted via CB10
    Haha, no, I would say no one has been there or done that... That's kind of the appeal of the classic. Classic form factor with a rockin new OS. Something no one has experienced but most people dreamed about
    Witmen likes this.
    06-29-14 02:35 PM
    Yes the Classic will be a fine phone but I would suggest sales only slightly better than the Q10. Consumers are not interested in this format. Perhaps a new Q5 with a 3.5 inch screen at a Z3 price point might be more acceptable in the market place. The Curve owners out there are not into premium phones.

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg and deptech like this.
    06-29-14 08:47 PM
    The classic is geared more for the legacy diehards that want their toolbelt. Nothing wrong with that and it's certainly a phone I would consider because of its similarity to the Bold 9900.
    DYLANHABKIRK and Thunderbuck like this.
    06-29-14 09:22 PM
    When OS 10.3.1 get leaks out, I think that is when we start seeing more stuff about the classic. Right now the Passport is the new hotness.
    06-29-14 09:37 PM
    Im referring to how bb users have responded to both phones. The passport seems to be the IT phone amongst current users. They are released a month apart from each other so i dont think time really has anything to do with it. Its just more of passport everything on CB especially the home page blogs or w/e

The Passport is actually innovative. The Classic is meant to look as traditional as humanly possible.

I think the Classic is a good product, and I see evidence that there's a market for it, but (for me at least) it isn't anywhere near as exciting as the Passport.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-29-14 09:50 PM
    The Classic looks awesome. I take nothing away from it. It will be welcomed by the BlackBerry faithful.

But you have to face it. The Passport is the new hotness and it GRABS people and says " Hey I am awesome and I am BLACKBERRY! " Most people think BlackBerry is out of business. So they see that and they don't know what to think.

The Classic does not have the visceral, raw emotional attractiveness of the Passport.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    06-29-14 10:02 PM
    I'm definitely buying a Classic and I can't wait for its launch. I'll be getting one as soon as its available. I absolutely adore my Bold 9900 and it's my favorite phone ever, so I'm really excited about a phone that looks similar but running on the new OS. I like the Q10 (my current daily driver), and BB10 is superb, but I don't love it as much as the Bold 9900 because of the absence of the trackpad and function keys.

So the Classic, which looks similar to the Bold but runs on BB10, is as close to my ideal phone as I can get. My only gripe is that I really really wish it kept the 9900's curved keyboard. Oh well, I'll just keep hoping that the Classic 2 has a curved keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    LuisCast likes this.
    06-29-14 10:14 PM
    I always thought that my perfect device would be OS10 on a 9900. And the classic fits the bill for me. Gorgeous and powerful. Enuff said.

My Z10 - an extension of me
    LuisCast likes this.
    06-29-14 10:44 PM
    People tend to gravitate towards the most innovative product at that particular time. Don’t get me wrong, I think that putting a tool belt onto a what is essentially a BlackBerry Bold on steroids (referring to larger screen and overall footprint) and at the same time incorporating BB10 onto that same device is innovative in itself, just not so much when compared to a redesigned form factor BlackBerry Passport with an ingenious capacitive keyboard the likes that no one has seen up to this point in time. Judging from the number of those on the BlackBerry Passport forums complaining about its form factor, I am fairly sure that when we get more information on the BlackBerry Classic, it will garner just as much attention in the CrackBerry posts.
    06-29-14 11:12 PM
    People tend to gravitate towards the most innovative product at that particular time. Don�t get me wrong, I think that putting a tool belt onto a what is essentially a BlackBerry Bold on steroids (referring to larger screen and overall footprint) and at the same time incorporating BB10 onto that same device is innovative in itself, just not so much when compared to a redesigned form factor BlackBerry Passport with an ingenious capacitive keyboard the likes that no one has seen up to this point in time. Judging from the number of those on the BlackBerry Passport forums complaining about its form factor, I am fairly sure that when we get more information on the BlackBerry Classic, it will garner just as much attention in the CrackBerry posts.
    There is little similarity between your average CB poster and your average BlackBerry legacy owner/user. I seriously doubt that there is much of a market for a premium small screened Smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-29-14 11:20 PM
    Nothing wrong with the Classic, it's just that the Passport is "Bold and Audacious" and evokes very strong positive and negative emotions.
    06-30-14 12:07 AM
    There is little similarity between your average CB poster and your average BlackBerry legacy owner/user. I seriously doubt that there is much of a market for a premium small screened Smartphone.

Posted via CB10
    iPhone 4 screen size was 3.5 inch. Classic 1:1 3.5 inch...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    Thunderbuck and RH1Pearl like this.
    06-30-14 12:15 AM
139 123 ...