Hey guys, what do you think, i've rounded the edges of the Passport, and added a 4th row.

Doesn't look that big does it? I think the keyboard/ screen ratio is better like this as well.

Don't mind the symbols, i just used some, there's no real logic behind them.

EDIT : I just updated the design a bit.

The buttons now all have a secondary function. There is no physical ALT button, as the new keyboard is using gestures to function as ALT among others so you'd have to swipe to select them.

A short explanation regarding the 4th row :

1. A call/ end call button
    2. A BBM shortcut
    3. Alarm shortcut
    4. Voice search shortcut
    5. Flashlight shortcut
    6. Internet browser shortcut
    7. E-Mail shortcut
    8. Notification shortcut
    9. Speaker shortcut
    10. Camera shortcut ( say for instance you're browsing and you need to take a picture quick, press the button and it takes a picture or starts recording. Or you could make it a shortcut that goes directly to your pictures folder )

There could be an option implemented that when the phone is locked only the top row can be used, or certain functions.

This way the screen does not get cluttered, except for the symbols that didn't make the cut, which are about 7-8 symbols. The ampersand is missing from the keyboard, just as i finished it i noticed it to be missing, but since it's a concept it doesn't really matter. It would be a secondary key though, as it's used often.

PS. I have to give credit to the guy that made the concepts with the rounded edges, the cut-out paper ones

A Passport Concept with rounded edges and 4 rows.-comparison.jpg
    Last edited by SenorPistachio; 07-01-14 at 11:53 PM.
    06-29-14 07:15 AM
    The rounded corners will soothe a lot of peope, but I think the square corners is what makes the Passport unusual!
    SenorPistachio and redsaph like this.
    06-29-14 07:17 AM
    Wow the rounded edges make it much sexier! Although I prefer the 3 row keyboard. Good job tho!

Posted via My Beast Q10
    SenorPistachio likes this.
    06-29-14 07:19 AM
    The rounded corners will soothe a lot of peope, but I think the square corners is what makes the Passport unusual!
    You say unusual which is true, but what do you prefer? Rounded edges or squared?
    06-29-14 07:19 AM
    I'd say if the keyboard has 4 rows, make it the traditional BB one.
    nah.uhh likes this.
    06-29-14 07:48 AM
    i'm really liking the square look and three rows of keys. imagine typing on that with the contextual keys on the screen. so much faster since you do not have to press the shift key to get special characters. i think this new phone is going to rock.
    leeboy82 likes this.
    06-29-14 08:37 AM
    Why did you change the kb? Should left it alone and just rounded.
    06-29-14 08:44 AM
    I prefer the square corners it actually has. The rounded corners just make it look like a Bold/Q10 that was stretched.

Posted via CB10
    Corbu, SenorPistachio and redsaph like this.
    06-29-14 08:52 AM
    I prefer the square corners it actually has. The rounded corners just make it look like a Bold/Q10 that was stretched.

Posted via CB10
    Isn't that what people have been wanting for years?
    06-29-14 09:20 AM
    That's a personal preference. I don't think i'm going to like swiping and pressing software buttons, because they clutter up the screen + my credo : If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    06-29-14 09:31 AM
    I like the round edges, but I think the Passport looks nicer, it separates it from the rest and that makes it unique In my opinion. Nice job on the work
    06-29-14 11:25 AM
    Thanks for this.

However, I still prefer the sharp edges on the final product.

Thought's on the fly C001C21C1
    06-29-14 11:36 AM
    That's a personal preference. I don't think i'm going to like swiping and pressing software buttons, because they clutter up the screen + my credo : If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Yea it's called a Classic. They got you covered either way.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-29-14 12:09 PM
    Much better look, in my opinion. More BlackBerry-ish
    06-29-14 12:13 PM
    Yea it's called a Classic. They got you covered either way.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    A Classic doesn't have a 4.5 inch screen, which to me is the most interesting part of the specs.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    06-29-14 01:14 PM
    I have zero objections to the right angles from an aesthetic point of view; It looks... sharp *ducks*.

I am however very concerned about how they affect the ergonomics of the device. (Operating it should probably present few problems - I doubt you'll reach far enough from the corner with this particular, primarily two-handed, form factor, favouring moving your hand up along the side; but does it snag when you slip it into your pocket, or fish it out? Is it more susceptible to take- or cause fall damage? Does it put a strain on pocket fabric and seams? (Remember also, in this context, that while the back hull is rounded side to side, its top and bottom edges appear to be sharp, to the point it looks kind of truncated))
    Last edited by jojon2se; 06-29-14 at 01:56 PM.
    06-29-14 01:44 PM
    Unusual isnt always better, rounded edges look way better to me personally.
    06-29-14 01:51 PM
    I like the square corners. As far as three rows? Say what you want about BlackBerry but I believe everyone can agree they make the best keyboard. I'm more than willing to give the "3" a shot.

BleedBlk-

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 02:02 PM
    Yeah i say keep the square edges but makke the keyboard 4 rows!

Posted via CB10
    06-29-14 02:05 PM
    Love the Device on the LEFT! looks soooo much better IMO. I don't like the Square look or the 3 Rows on the PASSPORT.

Blackberry please stick to 4 rows keyboards and round edges!!!!!
    06-30-14 07:03 AM
    I love it! I really prefer 4 rows.
    07-01-14 10:29 PM
    It's funny how the sharp corners seemed to be a concern raised by many with the Passport shown by Chen, but now in the response to this post many seem to want it!

Anyway, I definitely prefer your rounded corners. It looks much nicer and more ergonomic, while still unique due to its dimensions. There is certainly more chance I buy the Passport if it looks like yours than the real one with sharp corners!

Posted via Z10
    07-06-14 06:14 AM
    Definitely like it much better with the rounded edges. Looks much sexier. I actually like the fourth row too.

Overall much better than the actual BlackBerry design. Well done.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    07-14-14 09:03 PM
    If it was rounded then they would if most likely changed the name of "Passport"

Posted via CB on my BlackBerry Z30
    07-16-14 09:08 AM
    It's still not for me but this looks much better than the actual device imo

Z10
    07-16-14 09:13 AM
37 12