Blackberry q10 drains battery even when the phone is kept idle. Night it will be 100 percent and after I wake up and see in the morning it comes down to 76 with wifi and cellular data off. And solution for this??
    I have replaced the battery also.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 11:39 AM
    Moved you to q10 area. When was this update performed and how? What's the version?
    06-28-14 11:51 AM
    Presumably an OTA update? Try a clean install.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 02:06 PM
    How recent was this update?

BlackBerry Z10 | 10.3.0.296
    06-28-14 10:48 PM
    Don't listen to the "Wipe your phone and clean install" crap.
    This is a Crackberry, one solution mantra, that is given when an definitive answer isn't known. And with this problem it's a guess that doesn't work.
    I have the same problem and others, besides myself have tried this oft repeated, time consuming solution, with no discernable effect.
    I went from heavy phone usage with over 50% left after 8 hours, to as little as 30% after 3 hours with the updated 10.2.1 OS.
    Hopefully 10.3 will see a fix.
    Keeping all apps closed will show a small improvement in battery life.
    06-28-14 11:57 PM
    Yes, I agree. Since I made update last week to latest Version I can whatch out draining battery.
    I wiped everything and backed up. Same result. Blackberry, sorry thump down.
    What is about a downgrade? In old days on BB 7 was easy.
    06-29-14 03:08 AM
    Same thing here since .3175. Now awaiting the next update.
    06-29-14 10:44 AM
    What version are you seeing this on? I'm on 10.2.1.1925 and don't have this battery drain issue when idle.
    06-29-14 01:10 PM
    Off charger yesterday at 10am and phone shut off around 7pm. Not good with moderate usage. My Iphone 5 is much better. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 01:56 AM
    Silly question, but have you tried switching off and on again ?

What you can do is plug you phone to the charger for a few second (the will update the "usage since last charge data") then unplug and sleep.

In the morning, can you post here a screenshot of your phone use so that we can try to see if their is a culprit ?

Example :

My blackberry Q10 updated to latest version drains battery even when phone is kept idle.-img_20140630_082544.png

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 02:26 AM
    Don't listen to the "Wipe your phone and clean install" crap.
    This is a Crackberry, one solution mantra, that is given when an definitive answer isn't known. And with this problem it's a guess that doesn't work.
    I have the same problem and others, besides myself have tried this oft repeated, time consuming solution, with no discernable effect.
    I went from heavy phone usage with over 50% left after 8 hours, to as little as 30% after 3 hours with the updated 10.2.1 OS.
    Hopefully 10.3 will see a fix.
    Keeping all apps closed will show a small improvement in battery life.
    While that solution didn't work for you pissy pants - it is a viable solution that has helped people. It is worth trying whether you accept it or not - just depends if you want to kill an hour doing it. To me it's worth it. To you? Well your time is obviously too valuable.

To the OP: need a screenie of the device monitor. Will tell us boatloads.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 05:34 PM
    While that solution didn't work for you pissy pants - it is a viable solution that has helped people. It is worth trying whether you accept it or not - just depends if you want to kill an hour doing it. To me it's worth it. To you? Well your time is obviously too valuable.

Posted via CB10
    Amen!

Posted via CB10
    07-01-14 03:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry if the truth hurts your little eyes, but calling people names only makes you look like a child and wiping the phone doesn't fix this problem.
    07-04-14 02:52 PM
    Ahh yes, I was wondering why these threads were not popping up for the latest update.

My Rogers Q10 also got updated to the latest 10.2.1.2977 recently, and I too experienced the quicker battery drain.

However, knowing BlackBerry, I knew it takes a few days for the battery life to settle after an update.

Unsurprisingly, now my battery life is back to normal.

So to OP, or any others having issues with battery life after an update, give it a week before making a thread or talking to technical support.

Posted via CB10 using Blackberry Q10
    07-04-14 05:31 PM
    Why does almost every tech question end up with people slagging each other off? Let's help the guy out with his issue.

I had the same problem for a while. Draining and heating. For me it was some accounts using PIM services. I had to remove them completely. After months of using a side loaded twitter and facebook android app I've just installed the official twitter app and no battery drain from PIM services, for now. I'll give it a week or so.

I also contacted BlackBerry about this when it started draining. They looked at the device through my pin and told me I was using a firmware version higher than was supported by my carrier. This also maybe your problem. Try downgrading and turning off automatic updates.

Hope this helps.

Posted via CB10
    Velocitymj likes this.
    07-05-14 01:30 AM
    Just switch off the data services at night while going to sleep. U'll see the difference

Q10 is marijuana
    07-05-14 01:40 PM
    Off charger yesterday at 10am and phone shut off around 7pm. Not good with moderate usage. My Iphone 5 is much better. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    Spot on! Love my q10 but my works Iphone 5s beats this handsdown with battery life. No competition

Q10 - 10.2.1.3175
    07-05-14 03:40 PM
    This has been a known issue since the update.
    At this point, I've not seen a solution posted to this problem in any thread on this subject, either here or on BlackBerry's site.
    I've been active in trying to find the answer to this, which is why I came to this thread, in the hope that there was a solution posted.
    Prior to this update, the battery life was phenomenal... 12 hours, with heavy usage and not needing to recharge, while the iPhone 5S (which I also own) battery life, in moderate usage was not able to make it through the day, without at least one recharge by 4:00 pm
    The only real help I've noticed is closing all active frames. Esp. the browser.
    Yesterday, my battery was at 15% within two hours. I noticed that I had several programs open, which never had that impact before, but one of them was the browser, which I usually don't leave open. That is what I believe really drained it.
    I've read comments about "WhatsApp" draining the battery and to delete it, but I when I loaded that program, it didn't seem to accelerate the battery drainage.
    The one thing that I will say about the iPhone (and since none of the people I know with Droids and other phones have our complaints), is that when an issue occurs, you don't have to wipe the phone and reload everything.. and if you did, you wouldn't have to spend several hours rebuilding your contact groups, like you do with BB OS10.
    What's disconcerting, is that BlackBerry knows about the battery issue (and they know about the problem with contact groups not being saved to backups), yet in over 7 months, they haven't done anything to fix the problem.
    It appears that the BB culture regarding our problems with OS10 hasn't changed with Chen at the helm.
    07-05-14 07:37 PM
    Airplane mode: 1% per hour drain
    Normal usage: 5-6% per hour
    Surfing: 4h of 100-20% drain
    Gaming: 2h of use is a max

By normal use, occasional surfing, no gaming, my battery lasts 18-19 hours.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    07-05-14 07:45 PM
    Airplane mode: 1% per hour drain
    Normal usage: 5-6% per hour
    Surfing: 4h of 100-20% drain
    Gaming: 2h of use is a max

By normal use, occasional surfing, no gaming, my battery lasts 18-19 hours.

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    With 10.1, I easily got 18 to 19 hours of heavy phone usage.
    I'm not a gamer and I only surf with my browser for business related purposes.
    The only thing that explains why my phone and apparently the phones of many other users are getting less than 40% of battery time post update, is because of the way the new 10.2.1 is working.
    The update 10.2.1 is the only common link that everyone shares.
    It's not email, WhatsApp or other programs that are on the phone, all of which have been posted as the main causes in other threads on this issue.
    Chen was recently called out on the fallacy of his statement about iPhone users, et.al being "wall huggers" compared to BB battery life.
    When compared, the BlackBerry 10 had equal to worse battery life in the same usage.
    Something that absolutely couldn't have been said pre-update.
    07-05-14 08:00 PM
    Latest update also draining my battery. Its hard for me to go thru a whole day now without needing a mid day recharge whereas before phone would last me till end of the day.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 01:02 AM
    Same here, my battery got a lot worse after the last update. I have my Q10 from May 2013 and always had splendid battery life. The only thing that I did different now was the OTA. Normally if there is an update available, I'll get it through BlackBerry Link after I made my backup. Last update, which was only 17 Mb, I got it over the air. Maybe I shouldn't have done that and stick with my normal backup/update routine over the PC.

CB10 - Q10
    07-06-14 01:51 PM
    Same here, my battery got a lot worse after the last update. I have my Q10 from May 2013 and always had splendid battery life. The only thing that I did different now was the OTA. Normally if there is an update available, I'll get it through BlackBerry Link after I made my backup. Last update, which was only 17 Mb, I got it over the air. Maybe I shouldn't have done that and stick with my normal backup/update routine over the PC.

CB10 - Q10
    Like I mentioned earlier, OTA updates screw up sometimes. Multiwipe, autoloader and restore without settings will most times solve your problem.

I've done every single update since the start of bb10, leaked, official, OTA, autoloader, sachesi or BBlink. Sometimes they go wrong, causing an almost linear battery drain.

Like I mentioned, but stated as bullocks by some people here. Multiwipe and fresh install will almost certainly get you a fix.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-14 11:21 PM
    With 10.1, I easily got 18 to 19 hours of heavy phone usage.
    I'm not a gamer and I only surf with my browser for business related purposes.
    The only thing that explains why my phone and apparently the phones of many other users are getting less than 40% of battery time post update, is because of the way the new 10.2.1 is working.
    The update 10.2.1 is the only common link that everyone shares.
    It's not email, WhatsApp or other programs that are on the phone, all of which have been posted as the main causes in other threads on this issue.
    Chen was recently called out on the fallacy of his statement about iPhone users, et.al being "wall huggers" compared to BB battery life.
    When compared, the BlackBerry 10 had equal to worse battery life in the same usage.
    Something that absolutely couldn't have been said pre-update.
    Couldn't have agreed more on this.
    07-07-14 01:08 AM
    Same ****. Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3247/2977

I thought my battery is failing. :/

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 01:57 AM
30 12