BB started the trend by adding notification led in there phones. And now every other android phone has them.. BB - Its time to start a new trend by adding led lights to BB logo on the back of ur phones.. Please add this b4 apple does...there are already mods for iphones to do so..so hurry up please..would love to see that logo shine bright...what are ur views guys..please share and let this msg reach Mr. New CEO...
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    06-28-14 06:22 AM
    I like the idea, but also realize that BlackBerry does a lot to be more efficient and get us more battery life. This would kind of contradict that.

Posted via CB10
    BergerKing and anon5645485 like this.
    06-28-14 06:24 AM
    What functions and customisation options would u like to see in this logo led light perform to improve overall productivity other than looking nice and classic...reply now
    06-28-14 06:27 AM
    true, but we can have the option to turn that off...
    pystha likes this.
    06-28-14 06:28 AM
    Title should probably be changed to "I" since this is opinion based... I like the "concept" of it, but the practicality of it just isn't there. Maybe one day!

Posted via CB10
    anon5645485 likes this.
    06-28-14 06:28 AM
    ok sir....I want......
    Title should probably be changed to "I" since this is opinion based... I like the "concept" of it, but the practicality of it just isn't there. Maybe one day!

Posted via CB10
    06-28-14 06:53 AM
    How about the led that lights up for new messages is a small bb logo? I think it adds some distinction to these square bricks that are coming out lately(except for the passport)

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    06-28-14 12:22 PM
    I'd approve if it would act as a notification light just like the normal one.

This would allow people to see if they had anything while the phone was facing down.

But I'd assume to even do this we all would have to give up the removable batteries for good.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 02:52 AM
    I'd approve if it would act as a notification light just like the normal one.

This would allow people to see if they had anything while the phone was facing down.

But I'd assume to even do this we all would have to give up the removable batteries for good.

Posted via CB10
    Man I just thought of the same thing and wanted to share..

Here is what I think, logo used as notification but every dot represent specific COLOR which could be assigned to specific notifications.

This can be done without losing removable battery. This can work the same way NFC works.

Posted via CB10
    07-04-14 03:05 AM
    Geez, how did I miss this, I just started a thread about the same exact thing... What a coincidence...
    07-04-14 07:22 PM
    Man I just thought of the same thing and wanted to share..

Here is what I think, logo used as notification but every dot represent specific COLOR which could be assigned to specific notifications.

This can be done without losing removable battery. This can work the same way NFC works.

Posted via CB10
    Yep, just have contacts on the battery door similar to the NFC antenna and it should be possible. And I think if you make it just a dim back-lighting, the hit on the battery would be negligible.

The way I envision it, is while on a call, it'll be on. Hang up the call, and have it fade off with the screen timeout. Also when you holster the phone, if it was on, have it stay on another second and a half and then fade off. And yes, if you have your phone face down and you have a new notification, have it slowly pulsate so you know you have a notification without having to turn your phone over to check...
    tatail and Signhere like this.
    07-04-14 08:02 PM
    I think we need to make a new idea at icanmakeitbetter.com and see how it is received by others.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-14 02:02 AM
    If you want it to shine put a '10' in the top right hand corner of the symbol .

BlackBerry to the power of ten.

The way there is a distinct difference between BBOS7 and BB10.

Furthermore replicate the same design in the start sequence.

Where is the '10' in BlackBerry 10? Mr Chen?

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 01:09 PM
    It would be a real battery hog, but nice idea.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 10:04 PM
    This is probably unrealistic. With the form factors of the devices, you would have to make the device thicker which no one really wants.

Devices are as thick as the glass+screen+motherboard+hard drive+battery+camera lens and shutter+headphone jack+charging port+back cover...all compacted and layers to be as thin as possible. With where the batter and logo is located, the device would have to be thicker to compensate for some sort of lighting component.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 10:22 PM
    It would be a real battery hog, but nice idea.

Posted via CB10
    Pretty much the idea is about the same amount of backlighting as the trackpad from legacy devices... Those didn't really drain the battery so I don't see why now, with even better technology, how we would all of a sudden get worse results...
    07-10-14 10:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's exactly what I was thinking too. When I hold my Z30, my finger(s) cover the BB logo up. So nobody would see the logo light up on my phone.

Posted via CB10
    07-10-14 10:41 PM
    I like the idea, but also realize that BlackBerry does a lot to be more efficient and get us more battery life. This would kind of contradict that.

Posted via CB10
    LEDs man LED's!!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    07-10-14 10:46 PM