Forced to really, because of a specific app on iPhone that I had to use in Brazil.
    And after 20 days with an iPhone 4S I have to say that's a mighty pile if crap. Not only is it a dreadful phone, but the functionality of the OS is toy town. Dreadful battery too. Three charges a day to just do my job. That's not the way forward, no matter what the fan boys claim. My colleagues had iphone 5s, and the battery was marginally better - still three charges a day.
    So, after 20 days I'm back in blighty, and back to my Z30. It's like a breath of fresh air. If.only more iphone users could experience that.

Posted via CB10
    Elite1, dusdal, neteng1000 and 2 others like this.
    06-27-14 04:55 PM
    Of course everyone has different uses, but FWIW I feel the same as you.

I'm always helping my inlaws with their iPhones and I really don't care for using them. I've always disliked the iOS virtual keyboard. After using the Z30, using an iPhone 4S makes me feel like the Hulk on a tricycle. I think the larger screens of the upcoming iPhone models can't come soon enough.

But overall I just prefer the UI, messaging, and settings on BB10 over iPhone.
    06-27-14 05:00 PM
    Totally agree. It's the keyboard, the main way if interfacing with the bloody thing, that lets it down. I just don't understand how bb10 can be do superior in that sense, but get overlooked.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 05:06 PM
    Definitely agree on the iPhone kb, that thing is a total disaster, it's pretty ridiculous since they've had loads of time to get it right. Would explain the rumours of android keyboards being an option in the iOS8 update

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    06-28-14 04:47 AM
    Just bought an iPhone 5 and using it as my daily driver for the next 30 days. On day three right now. Things I already miss: BlackBerry Hub, keyboard, and Internet. All communication in one place is crazy good. My BlackBerry is at home on wifi and still receives emails faster and more accurately than my iPhone. I've noticed with some emails (even with push on) the iPhone mail client needs to be open to sync. Keyboard no comparison. Internet on iPhone is good but BlackBerry, to me, tends to be smoother. As for battery it lasts about the same as my Z10 so not going to complain about that. Otherwise iOS does a lot of things right (simplistic UI, better integration of third party notifications, iTunes). Yes iTunes is a pain to use for a newbie but it does a better job then Link.
    With the getting in right theme IOS 8 looks to be focusing more on health, Google's L more on education, BlackBerry 10.3 more on catching up. Don't get me wrong BlackBerry 10.3 has come a long way since 10.0, but what I don't miss about my BlackBerry right now is always having to defend it.
    06-28-14 07:41 AM
    I use an iPhone 5 for testing App purposes and that is it!
    I agree the iPhone does not do it for me, it doesn't feel solid and doesn't get things done like a BlackBerry.
    Z30 is my daily driver and my 10 year old uses the iPhone for a marble game and to face time her friends. When it comes to Netflix she asks for my Z30, which I reply "Go wash your hands first"
    RickTrout likes this.
    06-28-14 07:56 AM
    Forced to really, because of a specific app on iPhone that I had to use in Brazil.
    And after 20 days with an iPhone 4S I have to say that's a mighty pile if crap. Not only is it a dreadful phone, but the functionality of the OS is toy town. Dreadful battery too. Three charges a day to just do my job. That's not the way forward, no matter what the fan boys claim. My colleagues had iphone 5s, and the battery was marginally better - still three charges a day.
    So, after 20 days I'm back in blighty, and back to my Z30. It's like a breath of fresh air. If.only more iphone users could experience that.

Posted via CB10
    I got creamed once for making an observation about the IOS environment on THIS forum (not able to send a video while at a dinner table via NFC or bluetooth, while no problems with the other BlackBerry and Android devices). So, good luck with this post :-).

My Z10 - an extension of me
    bungaboy likes this.
    06-28-14 09:02 AM
    I don't know about the Z30, but I have the Q10 and when I need to use apps, I use it as a hotspot for my iPod Touch and that works like a charm.
    I've had iphone 3GS, 4, 4S and 5, and all have been disappointments at one point or another.
    06-28-14 09:43 AM
    I got creamed once for making an observation about the IOS environment on THIS forum (not able to send a video while at a dinner table via NFC or bluetooth, while no problems with the other BlackBerry and Android devices). So, good luck with this post :-).

My Z10 - an extension of me
    Well . . . now hopefully . . . "In Bla1se We Trust!"
    06-28-14 09:47 AM

Posted via CB10
    Well it's not a fair comparison to judge Apple vs BlackBerry by using the 4s against BlackBerry's latest flagship. That would be like an iPhone 5s user grabbing the Torch 9860 and complaining what a dreadful piece of crap it is and making the assumption based on that that iOS is clearly superior.

Honestly, I'm not a big fan of iOS myself, but just felt like I had to point that out
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-28-14 01:09 PM
    Not sure I'd survive 20 days on an iPhone keyboard lol, funny it only took them 8 iterations of software to realize how bad it is and needing help to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 01:13 PM
    Whenever I need to make repairs on my q10 I will switch over to an iphone 5. Things I immediately miss when I switch are battery life and keyboard. Can't stand needing to be tethered to a charger and can't stand typing on an iphone.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-14 02:05 PM