??

Posted via CB10
    06-27-14 04:44 AM
    Don't think in 2014. Upcoming BlackBerry Passport is rumored to have a 13 MP camera.

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.1.3247
    06-27-14 05:35 AM
    No need for it!?!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    06-27-14 05:36 AM
    Why? You printing on four foot by six paper?

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    07-13-14 03:25 AM
    Do you realise how small normal phone camera sensors are?
    07-13-14 06:04 AM
    Get a professional camera.

Filipino. 23. Q10 user.
    Irish Blues likes this.
    07-13-14 06:11 AM
    what kind of dumb question is that? what kind of answer do you expect that is not a totally stupid guess? meh.
    07-13-14 06:12 AM
    Hopefully never actually.

Posted via CB10
    Matty and Irish Blues like this.
    07-13-14 05:36 PM
    I don't care how many mega pixels my phone has. I want a camera in my phone that takes good low light photos like my wife's iPhone.

Mega pixels do not matter to me. The quality of the picture matters to me. My Z30 Takes great outdoor photos but indoors in medium to low light it is simply crap.

Hopefully my next phone(BB Z50) will have improved in this area when it arrives next spring.

Posted via CBZ30!
    07-13-14 07:03 PM
    Mega pixels do NOT equal quality. That's a huge myth.

BB Proud
    Matty and Irish Blues like this.
    07-13-14 07:27 PM
    To try and answer your question... I don't think BlackBerry will play with the big boys soon, and honestly, they don't need to.

BlackBerry is focusing on enterprise. They're focusing on deliver hardware that's durable and works. They don't play the specs game. They don't need an octo-core CPU with 8GB of RAM and a 40 megapixel camera sensor. They need decent hardware that's proven and tested and makes sense in a business environment.
    They're not catering to the consumer who takes 1000 selfies a day, they're catering to enterprise who needs a fast communications device.

If 16 megapixel CMOS sensors ever become the standard, BlackBerry will surely adopt it, but at the moment it's not a priority.
    Alvin Loh and Matty like this.
    07-15-14 02:55 AM
    To try and answer your question... I don't think BlackBerry will play with the big boys soon, and honestly, they don't need to.

BlackBerry is focusing on enterprise. They're focusing on deliver hardware that's durable and works. They don't play the specs game. They don't need an octo-core CPU with 8GB of RAM and a 40 megapixel camera sensor. They need decent hardware that's proven and tested and makes sense in a business environment.
    They're not catering to the consumer who takes 1000 selfies a day, they're catering to enterprise who needs a fast communications device.

If 16 megapixel CMOS sensors ever become the standard, BlackBerry will surely adopt it, but at the moment it's not a priority.
    Fast communications in 2014 does mean having a good camera. Its not 2002 anymore!

To assume that work users don't or won't use it is incorrect.

Another slippery slope is the whole ' good enough' argument that can be implied through the. It a priority point. Making things just 'good enough' is what got them into this mess in the first place. They need devices that will wow the masses and give them a compelling reason to stay and upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5952657) likes this.
    07-24-14 07:05 AM
    Fast communications in 2014 does mean having a good camera. Its not 2002 anymore!

To assume that work users don't or won't use it is incorrect.

Another slippery slope is the whole ' good enough' argument that can be implied through the. It a priority point. Making things just 'good enough' is what got them into this mess in the first place. They need devices that will wow the masses and give them a compelling reason to stay and upgrade.

Posted via CB10
    While I do agree that a specs war is futile, I think you make some pertinent points that bear highlighting.
    07-24-14 07:23 AM
    My job requires a lot of picture taking and uploading along with mobile Internet usage. Needs a better camera than my z10
    07-25-14 04:11 AM
    It's unfortunate in today's world many many people go for the mega-pixel count.. what people don't realise is that the Mega-pixel count simply states how big the photo can be printed out on paper without loosing any quality.

What if I told you that a 8mp camera with a F/1.8 aperture & 2.2�m Pixel size on a BlackBerry will take MUCH better photos than a 16mp camera with a F/2.2 aperture & 1.2�m pixel size that you find on Samsung Galaxy Devices.

BlackBerry should follow apple, they know pixel count doesn't mean quality. They focus on sensor size, pixel size and aperture which translates into amazing low light photos that we all crave
    07-28-14 10:26 AM
    Does the OP know that the HTC One has a 4MP camera?

Living a retro life fulfilling the intentions of yesterday. By tomorrow, I will be ready for today.
    08-08-14 12:07 AM
    When BlackBerry releases the X50. You better BelieB it.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-08-14 12:12 AM
    I'd rather have something that's quick, responsive and has better dynamic range and noise levels. Image quality is much more important than size. My old 6 mp Nikon D40 still takes great pictures, better than most cell phones.
    11-01-14 01:34 PM
    It's unfortunate in today's world many many people go for the mega-pixel count.. what people don't realise is that the Mega-pixel count simply states how big the photo can be printed out on paper without loosing any quality.

What if I told you that a 8mp camera with a F/1.8 aperture & 2.2�m Pixel size on a BlackBerry will take MUCH better photos than a 16mp camera with a F/2.2 aperture & 1.2�m pixel size that you find on Samsung Galaxy Devices.

BlackBerry should follow apple, they know pixel count doesn't mean quality. They focus on sensor size, pixel size and aperture which translates into amazing low light photos that we all crave
    This!
    12-10-14 05:09 AM
    My job requires a lot of picture taking and uploading along with mobile Internet usage. Needs a better camera than my z10
    Get a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    12-11-14 09:08 AM
    Get a Passport.

Posted via CB10
    You do realize that that post was in July, right?

This is why we need gravedig rules.
    Irish Blues likes this.
    12-11-14 04:32 PM
    BlackBerry needs to take a page from Apple's camera tech. It's not about MP. 8mp is more than enough.

Less noise and better low light performance.

Not sent from an iOS device.
    12-20-14 08:57 AM

You have juss dropped a very concise point here worth considering. Many people do not understand this and keep their focus on the mega-pixel count. I won't lie, I was like this before until I started using my BBRY Bold 9790. This phone still takes good pictures anytime and it only has 8mp to it's credit, what it produces can match a camera with 12/14mp count.

Thank you for your point mister.
    01-16-15 12:54 PM